Nat Type Strict, Double NAT/UPnP unsuccessful

Discus and support Nat Type Strict, Double NAT/UPnP unsuccessful in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hello, I got a new ISP last week and since then I have had a strict NAT type on my Xbox One X. First thing I did was go into my router... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Namhel13, Mar 25, 2020.

1. Namhel13
    Namhel13 Guest

Hello,

I got a new ISP last week and since then I have had a strict NAT type on my Xbox One X. First thing I did was go into my router settings(TP-Link C5 AC12000) and make sure that UPnP was enabled. Whenever UPnP is enabled I get the double Nat type detected
    error. I also tried port forwarding all of ports that are listed on Xbox support page and using DMZ. Neither of which helped. When either port forwarding or DMZ is enabled I still get a strict NAT type, but the error changes to UPnP was unsuccessful.

Due to where I'm currently living I have fixed wireless internet. A wire winds down my roof from the antenna which then hooks into a PoE (I think) and that goes directly to my router. So the double NAT is a little confusing since I only use one router and
    no gateway or modem. I tried all of the solutions above using both wireless and wired, and even tried using an older router that was around my house. All of which had the same exact outcome. I've spent hours going through forums and watching videos and have
    yet to find a solution. The only think I can think of is that my ISP uses CGN and that is the other Nat that Xbox Live is picking up. Does anyone else have any Ideas or solutions?

:)

Namhel13, Mar 25, 2020
  2. Namhel13 Win User

My networking knowledge isn't super extensive but if I understand correctly, bridging would only need to be done if there are multiple routers/modems running NAT on the same network. As I stated above I only have one router.
  3. XBF Brad A Win User

Hi Namhel,

Thanks for reaching out to the forums. We understand you are having issues with your NAT type. We recommend going over the

Nat error troubleshooting
    . Specifically the Double NAT detected part. The part about bridging may help the situation.

Thanks,

Brad
  4. XBF Brad A Win User

Xbox One UPnP not successful and NAT Type Strict

Hi Fox,

Thanks for coming to the forums. Sorry for the issue with your NAT and UPNP. You can try this guide for

UPNP unsuccessful
    also can try the one for
    strict NAT type

Thanks,

Brad
  5. Donk loud Win User

Connecting to games

My Nat type is always strict and I have a private connection, if i enable upnp it will stay strict but say that I now have a double NAT, but this has never stopped me from hosting games before.
  6. {Parity} Win User

Hitron: NAT type strict an upnp is unsuccessful

Not sure what links you have tried but if you haven't already tried this one give it a shot. https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/networking/upnp-not-successful

If that doesn't work try performing a hard reset EXACTLY like this. Hold the power button on the console for 8 seconds or until the power shuts down completely. Unplug the power cord from the back of the console for 5 minutes. While the console
    is off unplug your router for 3 to for minutes the plug the power cords back in let the router reset and then restart the console.

Hope this helps. Good Luck.
Thema:

1. Nat Type Strict, Double NAT/UPnP unsuccessful - Similar Threads - Nat Type Strict

2. Nat Type Strict

in XBoX on Windows
    Nat Type Strict: I have static ip and UDP and TCP ports. Teredo Parameters --------------------------------------------- Type : enterpriseclient Server Name : teredo.remlab.net Client Refresh Interval : 20...
  3. Teredo is Qualified but Server Connectivity is BLOCKED and NAT type is STRICT

in XBoX on Windows
    Teredo is Qualified but Server Connectivity is BLOCKED and NAT type is STRICT: [img] [img] I have tried all XBOX solution pages. I have tried everything, changing teredo address, uninstalling reinstalling teredo, FORMATTING MY PC FOR THE THIRD TIME. I paid for my games...
  4. Nat Type Switched From Moderate To Strict... Why?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Nat Type Switched From Moderate To Strict... Why?: Hi. When my XBox usually shows my NAT type, it is set as 'moderate', as I do not use PnP. Today its showing as 'Strict'. I noticed the change as I was in a COD:MW game and could not get my...
  5. NAT type Strict

in XBoX Games and Apps
    NAT type Strict: im trying to play gta5 online but this NAT crap is showing up now! im currently staying at a hotel but ive never had this issue before??? please someone help me im dying to get online and make...
  6. Strict NAT Type

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Strict NAT Type: Strict NAT Type That's great I'm happy to be of help please mark the answer so other people that have the same issue can get it resolved. Happy gaming 48e5da59-145b-4f33-a018-b0529800a27a
  7. nat type: strict and UPnP not successful

in XBoX on Consoles
    nat type: strict and UPnP not successful: hi my nat tpye is strict and i dont know id the UPnP not successful haves to do with but i have tryed restarting my ruder. i have tryed restarting my xbox one. i tryed unpluging bthe xbox one for...
  8. NAT TYPE STRİCT AND TEREDO NOT FOUND

in XBoX on Windows
    NAT TYPE STRİCT AND TEREDO NOT FOUND: Hello, I can't play minecraft with my friends. I have tried everthing on your website. [img] 9869c1db-3687-408e-a9bc-eb065b2764c2
  9. NAT type Strict

in XBoX on Consoles
    NAT type Strict: I have been facing the problem of NAT since the first day of my xbox.I have enabled UPnP on my router login page but still its giving me a STRICT NAT type rather than an OPEN NAT.I have used port...
  10. Arris: Cannot fix Strict NAT Type

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Arris: Cannot fix Strict NAT Type: Arris (Modems/Gateways): Cannot fix Strict NAT Type Tried that one and 8.8.8.8 but neither worked :( acda9652-d3cd-46e7-94c3-84a229bf4c71