NAT type stuck at moderate via phone.

Discus and support NAT type stuck at moderate via phone. in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I am unfortunate to have a very slow internet connection in my house, so I use my phone's hotspot to game with. This works fine for almost everything,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by elda., Oct 27, 2019.

1. elda.
    elda. Guest

I am unfortunate to have a very slow internet connection in my house, so I use my phone's hotspot to game with. This works fine for almost everything, except xbox party chat. I am never able to join a party, it just doesn't join. In the network stats, my
    NAT type stays at moderate, and I cannot seem to make it open when using my mobile hotspot. any solutions?

:)

elda., Oct 27, 2019
  2. elda. Win User

Is there any possible way to solve this? the only place that gets enough coverage for mobile is having my phone sat on a fence gate outside. All I want to do is get into party chat with my xbox friends.
  3. Tarnend Win User

you will need certain ports open which you wont be able to do when tethering from a phone :(
  4. napalm 31337 Win User

When you use any 3G, 4G or LTE connection, via phone tethering (worst case) or a dedicated modem/router with a sim card (better choice), you can't have an OPEN NAT, because all mobile companies don't assign you a public IP address, you are behind a MAT (metropolitan
    area network) and access "the real" internet trough a gateway and his public IP, you can't open specific ports and forward this ports to your console because you don't have access to the gateway's settings... if you use your phone you don't have access neither
    to your phone settings to forward specific ports (that the reason why I said this is the worst case).
  5. IRB Win User

Your phone probably won't allow port forwarding or fully support UPnP. It may not be possible to change your NAT type when using your phone as a hotspot as it isn't designed to be router really.
  6. HOLYCRAPITSJAKE Win User

connection quality on xbl, titanfall?

it's moderate.

i have the xbo as the DMZ host. got rid of everything in port forwarding to avoid conflicts, but was still stuck with moderate NAT type. so eventually i just gave up.
Thema:

1. NAT type stuck at moderate via phone. - Similar Threads - NAT type stuck

2. : NAT-Type Doesn't work on my Xbox One S

in XboX Networking Hardware
    : NAT-Type Doesn't work on my Xbox One S: : NAT-Type Doesn't work on my Xbox One S i tried reseting mac address and using different port. after couple of tries ipv6 has appeared, but the Nat still doesn't work. i use an asus router on a...
  3. Lagging on open nat type 150mb bt

in XBoX on Consoles
    Lagging on open nat type 150mb bt: Hi I would really appreciate if anyone could help me me I currently have an open NAT type Running 150MB internet on Call of Duty cold war I have a open nat type but lagging all over the show and...
  4. Nat-Type problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    Nat-Type problem: Hi, I'm having Nat problems, I'm struggling to change it from strict. I can play online on sessions, on fut. I also tired changing the ports(I've tried more than 7ports is not working) Can...
  5. Xbox and Pc NAT Type

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox and Pc NAT Type: So I've been trying to have open nat on my pc and tried port forwarding for cold war and saw that box has some similar ports? sometimes when my brother plays on the box while I'm on my pc we get...
  6. NAT type changes to ‘Strict’ every week. Used to be ‘Open’ and somehow becomes stuck at...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    NAT type changes to ‘Strict’ every week. Used to be ‘Open’ and somehow becomes stuck at...: I usually hop on my Xbox every Friday and Saturday and every time I load it, the NAT type is ‘Strict’. Last week I had ‘Open’ NAT and I also tried to refix the NAT. I have both iPv6 and iPv4 with...
  7. Nat type stuck on strict and sometimes unavaible

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Nat type stuck on strict and sometimes unavaible: Nat type stuck on strict and sometimes unavaible If you’re not already i would recommend using an ethernet cable plugged directly into the router to improve connection...
  8. Nat type is stuck on strict

in XBoX on Consoles
    Nat type is stuck on strict: After the recent Xbox update my Nat type has been stuck on strict. I have fine connection in multiplayer and what not, it's the parties. I always disconnect from them or start connecting and I...
  9. NAT type stuck on strict

in XBoX on Consoles
    NAT type stuck on strict: Hello, I recently bought Black Ops 3, and I have been having major connection issues. It even persist on GTA 5. I have an Xbox One, and I have forward all ports and even ports forwarded for GTA 5...
  10. NAT Type stuck on Strict and lag on Xbox 360 and Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    NAT Type stuck on Strict and lag on Xbox 360 and Xbox One: Hi I've had this pain in my backside for about 5 months now, so I purchased the Xbox one on day one expecting it to be lag free etc. and had a big shock. My internet is amazing I usually get...