Nat type unavailable when connected to my phone's hotspot

Discus and support Nat type unavailable when connected to my phone's hotspot in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I'm trying to connect my Xbox to my phone's hotspot. It's connected and says I have internet but my Nat type is listed as unavailable. If I try to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by LukeKnight3, Dec 31, 2021.

1. LukeKnight3
    LukeKnight3 Guest

I'm trying to connect my Xbox to my phone's hotspot. It's connected and says I have internet but my Nat type is listed as unavailable.

If I try to test the Nat type or the multiplayer connection it says can't get a teredo IP address.

Xbox's website says to check my router settings and make sure that teredo tunneling and IPv6 tunneling are allowed, but I haven't been able to find out if I can do that on my phone.

I'm using an S21 on T-Mobile's service. I've never had an issue like this and I've used my hotspot to play games before. Any ideas?

:)

LukeKnight3, Dec 31, 2021
  2. Jesse E' Win User

That's the only solution available for Unavailable NAT type I'm afraid. Since phone's hotspot doesn't support router configuration, port opening, etc. The troubleshooting for this issue is very limited
  3. LukeKnight3 Win User

My Nat type says unavailable not strict or moderate. I've definitely used my hotspot on a next gen console.

The speed test says I have 30+ down and around 5 up.

I also have a good 5G connection from where I am. I could see not being able to play games without lag but for not even letting me connect?
  4. Jesse E' Win User

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

Kindly check out this guide on troubleshooting Unavailable NAT type on Xbox consoles https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...
  5. LukeKnight3 Win User

Hi,

I've looked at that article and it hasn't solved my issue
  6. ngocphi Win User

It means it's too laggy

Next gen gaming requires a broadband connection

LTE isn't btoadband

You will always face moderate or strict Nat because cellphone signals aren't made for highdemanding gaming
Thema:

1. Nat type unavailable when connected to my phone's hotspot - Similar Threads - Nat type unavailable

2. Xbox one NAT type unavailable

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one NAT type unavailable: So my friends have decided to start an ARK survival evolved dedicated server and every time I joined it said join failed even after I restarted my Xbox and uninstalled the game. I think I tracked...
  3. Xbox Series X and One S NAT type: Unavailable

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X and One S NAT type: Unavailable: Posting to ask if this is a known issue and/or is being looked in to in reference to another post regarding the same issue. For the past 3-4 days now my NAT type on both my consoles have been...
  4. Xbox NAT type unavailable

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox NAT type unavailable: Hello, Ive had this issue for a couple of days noe and tried everything I could. I opened every port required for Teredo to work, I tried bringing, I looked at solutions for hours and couldnt fix...
  5. nat type unavailable

in XBoX on Consoles
    nat type unavailable: I bought an Arris SBG8300 modem/router and i cant figure out why i cant get my nat type to open. ive done port forwarding. ive done the dmz thing, and nothing worked. its still unavailable....
  6. Nat Type unavailable

in XBoX on Consoles
    Nat Type unavailable: I had this problem for over 2 Years now. I tried to somehow solve it. I googled the hell out of it. My DHCP Server is aktive. I did give my Xbox the permission to do independent port sharing. The...
  7. Nat type Unavailable during setup

in XBoX on Consoles
    Nat type Unavailable during setup: My nat type is unavailable and I can’t setup the Xbox because I tried to reset it to fix it. I thought all I needed was to update it because it wouldn’t let me finish setup without updating, so I...
  8. Service info is unavailable but my nat type is open.

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Service info is unavailable but my nat type is open.: Service info is unavailable but my nat type is open. I have AT&T wifi and everything in the house is connected and working. But both Xbox's in the house, a series one, and a series x are having...
  9. Nat type is unavailable

in XBoX on Consoles
    Nat type is unavailable: Hey everyone recently i bought a racing wheel to test it with my friend i wanted play Forza Horizon but i couldn't because my Nat type is unavailable and i have been searching for the solution not...
  10. nat type unavailable Teredo

in XboX Networking Hardware
    nat type unavailable Teredo: nat type unavailable Teredo What are the steps to fix these issues? 1.Teredo 2.Unavaible not type Both issues have been going on for a week and no change. 8c0659b2-e5fc-4aaa-ad5d-ca73ef05258d