Need a new Xbox 360 after my fat one RROD again (after repair). Recommendations, with...

Discus and support Need a new Xbox 360 after my fat one RROD again (after repair). Recommendations, with... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I am sick and tired of dealing with RROD with my fat Xbox 360's. This is my 3rd one. It RROD in June 2021, got it repaired, only to have it ROR again 3... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Cap K, Sep 19, 2021.

1. Cap K
    Cap K Guest

Need a new Xbox 360 after my fat one RROD again (after repair). Recommendations, with...

I am sick and tired of dealing with RROD with my fat Xbox 360's. This is my 3rd one. It RROD in June 2021, got it repaired, only to have it ROR again 3 months later. I opened the power brick and console to clean it out, and that still hasn't helped. I'm considering getting a new Xbox, but need one that plays NHL '13 and allows me to use Microsoft 360 (external) hard drive. Any recommendations??

:)

Cap K, Sep 19, 2021
  2. ngocphi Win User

Need a new Xbox 360 after my fat one RROD again (after repair). Recommendations, with external hard drive support?

Well since the FAT original xbox 360 isn't serviced anymore noone can tell you where to get one

All new consoles don't have rrod nor will ms fix any so your repairs is on you

Just get a 360 E

Well you can't get it repaired 3x especially 3 months ago since they haven't been repaired since what 2015 when they disconinued them and fats werent even repaired by then

Self repair isnt allowed here on forums and why bother with keeping that old hdd

You can use external usb drives

And those ancient things were no bigge then 200gig and I'd you had a fat it would be 120gig max

Vs usb drives you can get upto 2tb

You can get 360 e with internal drives for bc titles

As long as it's not the 32 gig model which case that's flash memory
  3. SamQY Win User

Need a new Xbox 360 after my fat one RROD again (after repair). Recommendations, with external hard drive support?

I'm Samy an independent advisor. Welcome to the community. How are you?

You will be able to use this game on other Xbox 360 models but you won't be able to use the same HDD. Xbox 360 E is the newest version of Xbox 360.
  4. eber3 Win User

xbox 360 console discontinued

I might pick up a new one just to have a spare. My old one is the Arcade "fat" model that replaced an original release RROD.

Is the 360 S the newest version? Is the S version what you guys would recommend, or is there a better version? I know at one point there were 360's with different chip sets and what not, but I forgot what was what and that was back on the old fat models
    anyway. So if anybody can recommend the "best" hardware version of the 360 I'd appreciate it.
  5. Kourosh DK Win User

Do you ever miss the past?

Oh, and it's been three years since my RRoD.

RRoD never again.

I still have the box, I got it in, after it had been repaired.
  6. iHaveHobbitFeet Win User

Dots appear on screen with some greenish-blue lights at the center. (Xbox 360 E)

You said it was repaired for the rrod with the red lights around the power button. Only the older fat systems do that. If its an older fat system sadly those are no longer serviced for repair due to their age. If yours is one of the older systems your only
    option would be to buy another xbox 360 or better save for an xbox one if you dont already have one. If its a slim (xbox 360 S) or super slim then it can still be repaired if under warranty for free. If its out of warranty for a fee using the link that was
    provided.
Thema:

1. Need a new Xbox 360 after my fat one RROD again (after repair). Recommendations, with... - Similar Threads - Need 360 fat

2. Need HELP getting a timestamp added to your 360 achievement you unlocked offline because...

in XboX Insiders
    Need HELP getting a timestamp added to your 360 achievement you unlocked offline because...: So here’s the issue I was playing a 360 game on my series x and the 360 part of the system was for some reason offline with no explanation as to why …but the Xbox series x was online chat and...
  3. I NEED HELP GETTING MY OLD XBOX 360 ACCOUNT BACK

in XBoX on Consoles
    I NEED HELP GETTING MY OLD XBOX 360 ACCOUNT BACK: I don’t know what else to do, Ive asked for help many times and it all leads to the same ending. Asking for email or password or phone number… Which yes I know it makes sense to get your account...
  4. I need help with my xbox 360 it won’t let me sign in to my Xbox live account

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need help with my xbox 360 it won’t let me sign in to my Xbox live account: I need help with it pls respond 13733936-4356-438d-84c2-8830221168f1
  5. My Xbox 360 has a hardware issue I can't identify, and I need help finding out what it is.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox 360 has a hardware issue I can't identify, and I need help finding out what it is.: Awhile ago I turned my Xbox on like normal and the sound of the disc spinning was higher-pitched than normal. I heard some weird noises and when I ejected the disk, it was cracked beyond repair....
  6. I need help because I can't buy a digital Fallout New Vegas on the Xbox 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need help because I can't buy a digital Fallout New Vegas on the Xbox 360: We've bought a physical copy of Fallout New Vegas. We didn't know which region type our current model was at the time. But I bought a physical copy of Fallout New Vegas (NTSC) But as it turns out,...
  7. Will all Xbox 360 games be compatible with Xbox series x really want need for speed most...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Will all Xbox 360 games be compatible with Xbox series x really want need for speed most...: I was wondering if all xbox 360 games will ever be compatible with the xbox series x. The game i really want to be compatible is the xbox 360 need for speed games they are the best if you add this...
  8. have older Xbox 360 slim. Need advice on storage

in XBoX on Consoles
    have older Xbox 360 slim. Need advice on storage: I have a refurbished Xbox 360 with what looks like the 4GB internal flash memory. One thing I am noticing is that 360 games that used to play in my now dead 360 console do not play. I get an...
  9. i need help i can't continue l.a noire story on xbox 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i need help i can't continue l.a noire story on xbox 360: Hello, yesterday I bought in the xbox live store L.A Noire for xbox 360, after playing about 4 hours I come to an instance of the story where I was promoted to the homicide department, and here...
  10. XBOX 360 Cloud save enable still saying I need a gold subscription

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX 360 Cloud save enable still saying I need a gold subscription: I thought id back my 360 saves up on my 360 now cloud saving is meant to be free, but my machine is still saying a gold subscription is required when i try to turn it on? The system has the latest...