Need an option to put console into controller sync mode from guide/power menu

Discus and support Need an option to put console into controller sync mode from guide/power menu in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; With the future of console streaming we'll be syncing our bluetooth controllers to our phones but then to use it on the console itself again we have to... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Spilner1001, Oct 29, 2019.

1. Need an option to put console into controller sync mode from guide/power menu

With the future of console streaming we'll be syncing our bluetooth controllers to our phones but then to use it on the console itself again we have to hit the sync button on the console and it would be nice to have an option to start that from the guide (maybe settings tab) or even from the power menu from holding the nexus button. Unless of course it assumed we'll have a separate steaming controller we leave synced to our phones.

Hitting it whilst streaming would mean when pressing the sync button on the controller would allow it to disconnect from the phone and in turn connect to console again in one move. Easier to end a phone streaming session then.

submitted by /u/Spilner1001
    [link] [comments]

/u/Spilner1001, Oct 29, 2019
  2. Jaymo1978 Win User

Digitally Download Install

Hi there, Jim! If you're asking if your Xbox will install games and updates while your console is powered down, the answer is YES! :) To do that, your console will need to be in "Instant On" mode instead of "Energy Saver" which puts the console fully to
    sleep (off) instead of standby.

To turn this mode on, you will need to press Menu on your controller, then go to Settings --> Power & Startup. Under "Power Options," you can choose "Instant On" mode, which will allow your console to check for updates while powered down.

Also, in this same Settings menu, you should see a box or option for "Automatically download updates." Make sure this is selected, and all should be well!

In this "Instant On" mode, when you install a game remotely (via Smartglass or Xbox.com) your console will wake up and begin installing the item you've chosen to download. Also, if you begin to install a digital download, but turn off your console before
    it is finished, the Xbox will continue to install that title, then fully power down when the install is complete.

Hope this helps!
  3. DoorlessLion439 Win User

How to turn off the controller

I just use the options menu screen from there i select turn off the controller or just wait till it turns off when inactive my controller does glitch out sometimes mostly when trying to power up the console with the controller but instead the controller
    LED keeps blinking without syncing i believe
  4. XBF George L Win User

Xbox One Controller Can't Sync After Update

Hello Victor!

Thanks for bringing this issue to our attention. I understand that your controller is no longer syncing wirelessly to your console. When you do use the USB cable does the control un-sync as soon as you unplug the USB? I recommend safely powering down your
    console then unplugging the power supply from the wall and the console. Also remove the batteries from the controller. After that wait a few minutes or at least for the LED light on the power supply unit to fully shut off. Once that is done leave the batteries
    out of the controller and plug it into the console with a USB then use the controllers Xbox Guide button to turn the console on. Once the console powers on put the batteries back into the controller and disconnect the USB and see if it stays synced. Also here's
    a useful support article:Troubleshoot your Xbox One Wireless Controller

Please let us know with a reply how it goes!
  5. Miss Kleo Win User

Controller sync button doesn't work for particular controller. Please take a look.

Hey ETsnipers789! It sounds like you have quite a few controllers, do you perhaps already have 4 controllers synced to this particular console? This could be preventing the controller in question from syncing up, can you try disconnecting any other wireless
    controllers by pressing and holding the Guide button for 3 seconds, then choose the turn off controller option. This may free up a spot to sync your controller, since when you just turn off the console the controllers are still synced. I'm leaning towards
    you'll need a repair as iRayDawg has mentioned but let us know!
  6. XBF Brad A Win User

what is the proper way to fully shutdown xbox one s

Hello Ashrafqadir,

Thanks for coming to the forums with your question. There are two ways you can power off the console completely.

1. Power cycle the console--Hold the power button on the console itself until it shuts off.
    2. menu option turn off console---Hit the guide button on controller, go to far right icon(system), go to bottom to turn off console.
    3. You can also go to power and start up and select energy saving mode this will fully shut down the console every time you turn it off.
    Thanks,

Brad
Thema:

Need an option to put console into controller sync mode from guide/power menu

1. Need an option to put console into controller sync mode from guide/power menu - Similar Threads - Need option put

2. My personal option on what the Xbox dash needs.

in XboX Insiders
    My personal option on what the Xbox dash needs.: What I think Xbox one needs: At the main dashboard there needs to be a direct link to your profile (right where your gamertag and profile picture is) I think that DLC content needs to be...
  3. Game DVR 1440p @ 60FPS Option Needed Badly

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game DVR 1440p @ 60FPS Option Needed Badly: I now play on PC in 1440p @ 120fps...I come back to Xbox to play with friends. However, game DVR only has two options...4K SDR/HDR or 1080p (low quality bitrate). Please add the ability to record...
  4. Ambassadors need 2nd chances due to hicups . or more options to appeal what the situation is

in XBoX on Consoles
    Ambassadors need 2nd chances due to hicups . or more options to appeal what the situation is: i was an ambassador for many years and then i got a mic ban , this was a mistake and i cant stick up for my self, im saddened by the fact i worked so hard for the ambassador program and then...
  5. Twitch Streaming on Xbox needs an Option to REMOVE the OVERLAY

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Twitch Streaming on Xbox needs an Option to REMOVE the OVERLAY: First- I already contacted Twitch, they have said they agree on this issue. Sadly, they don't control the overlay, that is Microsoft. Which is why I am here! Many people stream to twitch and...
  6. Need to speak to a human - Add Payment option not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need to speak to a human - Add Payment option not working: This is the most miserable customer service. I was told I could request a call back online by the old 1800 4MYXBOX support. That was a lie. I am now stuck in this "Customer Service Vindaloop"...
  7. Xbox Windows App needs to have option to fully sign out - it's a child safety issue

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Windows App needs to have option to fully sign out - it's a child safety issue: Any idea why Xbox won't let you fully sign out of the Xbox app on Windows? I understand from an article about it that they set this up so people wouldn't have to keep tying in passwords if they...
  8. xbox guide menu needs an option to report a bug with games and apps

in XBoX Accessibility
    xbox guide menu needs an option to report a bug with games and apps: This discussion is directed at microsoft. The xbox guide menu needs an option to report an issue with games or apps and allow to send a recording or screenshot of the issue straight to the...
  9. Xbox needs to make a over the phone option for whom can’t recover their account.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox needs to make a over the phone option for whom can’t recover their account.: Serously Xbox I can’t recover my old account becuase something is broken and I should be able to prove that it is my old 360 account over the phone. This garbage recovery system needs help so I...
  10. Why I need to set up payment option to download free games with gold?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why I need to set up payment option to download free games with gold?: Hello, Why I need to set up payment option to download free monthly Games with Gold via XBOX Live website? On XBOX 360 you can download these games without payment option. Thanks....