Need assistance - xbox 360 wireless RECEIVER - available driver not working anymore

Discus and support Need assistance - xbox 360 wireless RECEIVER - available driver not working anymore in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hi! I bought a wireless xbox 360 Controller earlier this year to play on my PC, which runs Windows 10 Professional. I then figured out I needed to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by loicrdp, Sep 25, 2020.

1. loicrdp
    loicrdp Guest

Need assistance - xbox 360 wireless RECEIVER - available driver not working anymore

Hi!

I bought a wireless xbox 360 Controller earlier this year to play on my PC, which runs Windows 10 Professional. I then figured out I needed to plug in a usb port a xbox 360 wireless receiver to make it work.

So I got one, and followed the instructions in this well detailed video to install the necessary driver :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JL75xVfY3c&ab_channel=BenjaminWheeler

After finding the right driver in the list, it worked like a charm. BUT that was back when I first got it.

These last weeks and again today I tried to plug in my receiver and connect my controller, yet they didn't seem to find each other.

So I went back to the videos and its instructions and tried to install the driver as the device registered as unknown:

Step 1: In device manager, right-click on unknown device, update driver.

Step 2: Browse my computer for driver software.

Step 3: Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.

Step 4: Select xbox360 peripherals.

Step 5: Choose between the different drivers available named "xbox360 wireless receiver for windows"

Step 6: Next -> Install.

I got the choice between two drivers for wireless receiver:

"Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver for Windows" and "Récepteur Xbox 360 sans fil pour Windows" which is obviously the french equivalent.

Whichever I chose didn't work, as the device is still marked as unkown...

In the video there are a few differences with my case:

-Most of the information are in french on my PC but that shouldn't matter.

-The version of the drivers are visible yet not on mine

-I only got two drivers available.

So my questions are:

Where can I download additional drivers? I figured I might be just lacking the right one.

Can you help me make it work if it's something else?

I am open to suggestions, as two devices bought just to not be able to play with it seems a bit harsh to me...

Voil !

Thanks in advance for any answers!

:)

loicrdp, Sep 25, 2020
  2. fudodinanto Win User

Wireless Xbox 360 controller not connecting on latest build

first of all I apologize for my English, but as written by "ParticleTesting"

after the last "insider preview" build the "xbox 360 wireless receiver"

does not work anymore it no longer loads the drivers as per the procedure I turn to you "ParticleTesting"

you can to confirm that the "xbox 360 wireless receiver" device responds to the following HARDWARE ID?
    USB \ VID_045E & PID_0291 & REV_0107
    USB \ VID_045E&PID_0291
    Is a future fix possible for this problem?
    Thanks
    I confirm the driver version written by the "ParticleTesting" user (version 10.0.18980.1)
    for any updates I remain available on this discussion thanks
  3. johnodd24360 Win User

Xbox one Wireless adpater

there is a official driver for the xbox one controllers you need the xbox accessorie app and uninstall the xbox 360 controller driver

then just reconnect the xbox one wireless receiver it will reinstall the right driver automaticacly
  4. Tarnend Win User

xbox 360 Wireless Adapter device driver for windows 10

i found this on another thread.... please try the following:

For a wireless adapter for your Xbox 360 controller, look under your device manager.

Then look under unknown peripherals or something that is unknown.

Click update driver / browse computer for driver software.

Select let me pick a list of available drivers.

Find Xbox 360 wireless receiver for windows (newest version).

That should get your controller to connect to the wireless adapter.

Regards
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

360 play and charge kit on PC/Windows RT

There is no controller driver to download for Windows 8 because the driver is already installed as part of the Operating System. This applies to both the Desktop version of Windows 8/8.1 and Windows 8/8.1RT for Windows Surface Tablets.

If you have a wired Xbox 360 controller, just plug it in, it will work straight away. For wireless controllers you still need a wireless gaming receiver. And yes, the receiver does work with Windows 8RT.
  6. shadow walkerOZ Win User

Gaming Receiver doesen't work (HEELP)

Windows has most of the drivers for Xbox controllers and wireless receivers already, but sometimes you need to give it a bit of help.

Try this method: Open your device manager and double click on the receiver with the yellow mark on it. Then select the Driver tab and click on "Update driver". Next, select "Browse my computer for driver software" and then "Let me pick from a list of device
    drivers on my computer". Then scroll all the way to the bottom and look for "Xbox 360 Peripherals". Select that and then choose "Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver for Windows".

Install that and you should be good to go.
Thema:

1. Need assistance - xbox 360 wireless RECEIVER - available driver not working anymore - Similar Threads - Need assistance 360

2. We need a way to deactivate this new Xbox Assist feature.

in XboX Insiders
    We need a way to deactivate this new Xbox Assist feature.: If you press the window bottom twice Xbox Assist pops up and ruins any game your playing, I hate this feature hate it. Also you can not de-active it, as far as I can see. I can't delete Xbox...
  3. I need assistance

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need assistance: Hello. I used my free change of gamertag and in some games it displays 4 numbers at the end. I believe this is called the 'classic gamertag'. It looks very ugly, so my question is: Is it...
  4. this was probably just a glitch so no assistance needed I fixed it

in XBoX Games and Apps
    this was probably just a glitch so no assistance needed I fixed it: So this started yesterday me and my friend were in a party chat and he said when he went to his friends list that i was unfriended and he said he dosent know what happened but now it just shows...
  5. I need some assistance in helping me set up my Xbox settings for my 4K 50 inch Tv and my 4K...

in XboX Insiders
    I need some assistance in helping me set up my Xbox settings for my 4K 50 inch Tv and my 4K...: [IMG] submitted by /u/EmergedJokerd [link] [comments]
  6. i need assistance

in XBoX Accessibility
    i need assistance: im having issues getting into my xbox account on my 360. I can sign onto my xbox one with no problem but when I try to redownload my profile on the 360 it says that there is a problem with the...
  7. Hey all, I need some assistance with the game pass for pc, having issue downloading games.

in XboX Insiders
    Hey all, I need some assistance with the game pass for pc, having issue downloading games.: I signed up and downloaded the app (pc windows 10) and thought to download Forza Horizon 4 last night but when I came back to it this morning it’s stuck on 50% and just says error when I try to...
  8. Realy need help on RE2 remake, switched to assisted mode, didnt help

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Realy need help on RE2 remake, switched to assisted mode, didnt help: Hello! Im very frustrated now after failed for over a hour. I just got this Resident evil 2 remake 3 days ago. First gameplay with Leon, im where you must find the electric parts after you have...
  9. Need assistance

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need assistance: I have a problem with my Xbox one, began with my digital games, an error saying took too long to start, the problem stay 3 hours, I touch the Xbox bottom 5 and hold it for 5 seconds then the Xbox...
  10. Euro to dollars for gamertag change? i need assistance

in XBoX on Windows
    Euro to dollars for gamertag change? i need assistance: Hello, i saw that my payment option is on euros and i want to pay on USD... cannot change it ... i have $10 USD on paypal and cannot buy my gamertag change,,, 3bdfb8fb-67a9-4ef8-a71a-280d4149edcd