Need help connecting headset to Xbox 1 controllers

Discus and support Need help connecting headset to Xbox 1 controllers in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; This has been an ongoing issue. We have gone through 3 Turtle Bay 50X headsets trying to get to the root of problem. Initially the headsets would work,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by FuturePackerNRD, Jul 11, 2019.

1. Need help connecting headset to Xbox 1 controllers

This has been an ongoing issue. We have gone through 3 Turtle Bay 50X headsets trying to get to the root of problem. Initially the headsets would work, but after a few weeks they would stop. When plugging in headset, we can't hear or use microphone. Part
    of the set up is to adjust the volume under settings, but we cannot highlight that option. It is an issue with both controllers. They are model 1708.

Need help connecting headset to Xbox 1 controllers [​IMG]

:)

FuturePackerNRD, Jul 11, 2019
  2. FuturePackerNRD Win User

The picture is to show that I cannot pick volume from the menu. It skips past to buzz
  3. FuturePackerNRD Win User

I did that. Controllers both say no microphone detected. Tried soft reset with no luck.
  4. XBF Brad A Win User

Hi Future,

Thanks for coming to the forums with your issue. With third party headsets, there may be compatibility issues. As one is evident you are unable to adjust the volume. You could try a

stereo headset adapter
    , this plugs into the controller differently, then the headset will plug into them. The update you are showing is for the controller not the headsets. If they are wireless headsets you will want to get with the manufacturer on how
    to update the firmware of the headset.

Thanks,

Brad
  5. FuturePackerNRD Win User

Controllers are fully updated
  6. {Parity} Win User

Try performing a hard reset EXACTLY like this. Hold the power button on the console for 8 seconds or until the power shuts down completely.
    Unplug the power cord from the back of the console for 5 minutes.
    Plug the power cord back in and restart the console.

If that doesn't work you may want to consider getting an adapter for the controller to plug your headset into rather than plugging it directly into the controller.

Also, make sure your controllers are fully updated with the headset attached.
Thema:

1. Need help connecting headset to Xbox 1 controllers - Similar Threads - Need help connecting

2. Need help with Xbox live connection erro

in XboX Insiders
    Need help with Xbox live connection erro: [IMG] Hi All, I'm pretty new to xbox games and xbox insiders. I'm trying to playtest an insider PC game today but I am unable to sign into xbox live. Does anyone know what this error means?...
  3. Need help can't connect to Xbox live

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need help can't connect to Xbox live: I tried all rhe suggestions and ideas its say to go to www.xbox.com/support. And that doesnt help bf9dea33-b8d6-4846-b1a9-6c26c38aed81
  4. Sagemcom Sagemcom F@st 5250: Why does my Xbox constantly need help connecting to the wifi

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Sagemcom Sagemcom F@st 5250: Why does my Xbox constantly need help connecting to the wifi: Sagemcom (Modems/Gateways) Sagemcom F@st 5250: Why does my Xbox constantly need help connecting to the wifi Sorry to hear it. This issue seems to be caused by an errant update. Please hold the...
  5. Netgear Netgear R7000: Need help with connecting to wireless router

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Netgear Netgear R7000: Need help with connecting to wireless router: Netgear (Routers) Netgear R7000: Need help with connecting to wireless router Every so often my Xbox has a problem with connecting to my wireless router and now it is saying that is can’t connect...
  6. Need help with madden 19 i keep getting connection failed im conectted to internet

in XBoX Accessibility
    Need help with madden 19 i keep getting connection failed im conectted to internet: I keep getting connection failed my internet is working it keeps saying I must be signed in to Xbox live an ea servers I've tried quitting game checking internet nothing is working...
  7. need help re Xbox one S not connecting

in XBoX Accessibility
    need help re Xbox one S not connecting: Hi folks, I bought an Xbox one S for my son and it suddenly stopped connecting to the internet both wirelessly and with an ethernet cable. I have tried to suggestions/ prompts and it still will...
  8. NEED HELP CONTROLLER WILL NOT CONNECT

in XBoX on Consoles
    NEED HELP CONTROLLER WILL NOT CONNECT: Let start by stating this wouldnt be a problem if XBOX MADE THE GREATEST GAME OF ALL TIME BACKWARDS COMPATIBLE, but I want to play MW2 and cant. I had to dust off the old 360 and I did and now my...
  9. Xbox one won't connect to wifi neither wired or wireless. Need help fast.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one won't connect to wifi neither wired or wireless. Need help fast.: hello, my Xbox one won't connect to my wifi either wirelessly or wired and gives no error code just says NAT type unavailable. It is very frustrating especially since cod ww2 is comin Friday, I am...
  10. Need help connecting Xbox 360 Controller to PC (Wired)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need help connecting Xbox 360 Controller to PC (Wired): Apologies in advance if this isn't in the proper section. Youtube videos, written tutorials, and a tech savvy younger brother can't figure out what's wrong, thus I turn to you, forum. I've been...