Need Help Please, Stuck on System Update Screen & Won't Connect to Wi-Fi

Discus and support Need Help Please, Stuck on System Update Screen & Won't Connect to Wi-Fi in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; [IMG] Hi, apologies if none of this makes sense or if I'm posting in the wrong place, I had never even switched on an Xbox before about 3 hours ago... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/TitsMcguffin, May 21, 2020 at 3:12 PM.

1. Need Help Please, Stuck on System Update Screen & Won't Connect to Wi-Fi

Need Help Please, Stuck on System Update Screen & Won't Connect to Wi-Fi [​IMG]

Hi, apologies if none of this makes sense or if I'm posting in the wrong place, I had never even switched on an Xbox before about 3 hours ago & Google brought me here.

My son bought a second hand Xbox One 500gb original console online, it arrived today, it won't even go past the "your system needs an update" screen. Doesn't recognise any network. I Googled & did a factory reset, it launches up and when it hits the "Network" step it says that it's connected, then it gets to "Update" and there we go again, it gets stuck & won't recognise a network.

Am I right in saying that I now need to download the system update and try to install that via USB?

Any help or further insight would be v greatly appreciated, thank you.

https://preview.redd.it/oh489qswf40...bp&s=4fb401242246033f13aa61d04186ed8efa4c5026

submitted by /u/TitsMcguffin
    [link] [comments]

/u/TitsMcguffin, May 21, 2020 at 3:12 PM
  2. RIDERS72 Win User

Xbox wont connect at all wirelessly.

Mine won't either. It works fine wired but won't connect wirelessly. Would a Wi-Fi extender help fix the issue?
  3. Photonimus Win User

WiFi

If you are attempting to connect to wi-fi, you need the password for that wi-fi. If you are trying to connect to wi-fi that is not password protected, you need to have access to the modem itself, as you need to reset the modem or the xbox will not recognize
    it.
  4. taidara Win User

New owner with setup/connection issues

You went in to Gamestop to troubleshoot and they did exactly what, to troubleshoot your issue?

Did they connect your console to their network, to try and update the system?

Regarding your hotel's Wi-Fi network, do you need to authenticate with username/password, using your computer, to be able to access your hotel's Wi-Fi network and the Internet-at-large?
  5. TwistedTitanium Win User

connecting xbox 360 to internet

If you look through your console settings you will find the Wi-Fi options under network if the console is capable of connecting to Wi-Fi.

From dashboard - settings - system - network settings - Wi-Fi

If you do not have these options then the console may be one of the original models with Wi-Fi capability and would require a dongle adaptor.

What is the manufacture date of the console? it will say on the data sticker on the back of the machine

Hope this helps
  6. GMAN990 Win User

Can't get my Xbox to connect through my wireless bridge

So are you using your internal wi-fi or your hooked up to your laptop to connect? If there is a webpage to use then the internal wi-fi adapter won't be able to do that as that xbox cannot access webpages
Thema:

Need Help Please, Stuck on System Update Screen & Won't Connect to Wi-Fi

1. Need Help Please, Stuck on System Update Screen & Won't Connect to Wi-Fi - Similar Threads - Need Help Please

2. I need help please been banned i did nothing wrong i only play by myself and my cousins

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need help please been banned i did nothing wrong i only play by myself and my cousins: Hi i was oneday playing fortnite with my cousin and we made a looking for group post to play with people for a Fortnite Fashion Show then 1 hour later i get a ban saying all of this below i dont...
  3. Need help please

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Need help please: Hi .. i have 2 profiles on my xbox one of them is primary that i used it to purchase some games .. so i wonder if i can play those games on my second profile without purchase them again ?...
  4. I need help unenrolling from the Insider Program please

in XboX Insiders
    I need help unenrolling from the Insider Program please: I joined the program a while back and had since forgotten about it. Recently I was wondering why I keep getting a 500 mb update every other day so I looked into it and I think I may still be...
  5. Besoin d'aide svp[Translation-Please need help]

in XBoX on Consoles
    Besoin d'aide svp[Translation-Please need help]: Bonjour, Je vous exposé mon soucis : Cela fait 3 mois que je cherche activer le tchat vocal xbox sur mon stream twitch car les gens entendent que moi et pas mes amis même si c'est le tchat...
  6. Can I report someone into the police over xbox? PLEASE READ I NEED HELP!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I report someone into the police over xbox? PLEASE READ I NEED HELP!: I have had my xbox for 5 years now. About 3 years ago I was really into minecraft, and since it got boring alone I started to go on looking for group posts. I didn't realize how dangerous it was...
  7. Xbox live account need help please

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox live account need help please: Ok so I am over my head a little here. I have an Xbox 360 account that is still using a gold membership and I get charged for so I need to cancel it because I no longer use it. Here is where it...
  8. Please I need help [READ EVERYTHING]

in XBoX on Consoles
    Please I need help [READ EVERYTHING]: Now, at this stage of COVID-19, I can't buy a subscription, I can't leave the house at all, because I'm diabetic and I'm vulnerable to the pandemic, my only way to buy Live Gold is by gift card...
  9. I need help please I do not no anything about xbox 360 or x box one

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need help please I do not no anything about xbox 360 or x box one: Thanks for time I have 3 question how do I use my ultimate passage these for free games to play I order it on Microsoft store I can't figure it out is a code I ned to redem I just have a order...
  10. Please i need help with an offline system update!

in XboX Insiders
    Please i need help with an offline system update!: I joined insider lik 6 months ago, and ive never had any issue until last week, my xbox was pretty slow so i cancelled my suscription to insider and restored my xbox to factory reset, anyway my...