Need help regarding external hard drive on Series X.

Discus and support Need help regarding external hard drive on Series X. in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I've been using a external hard drive on my series X since launch, I used as a media player, but since today, my Xbox just stopped recognizing it, and... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/vidavidanaovida, Sep 25, 2021.

1. Need help regarding external hard drive on Series X.

I've been using a external hard drive on my series X since launch, I used as a media player, but since today, my Xbox just stopped recognizing it, and it's not my external hard drive problem because it works just fine on my computer.

What can I do about it?

submitted by /u/vidavidanaovida
    [link] [comments]

/u/vidavidanaovida, Sep 25, 2021
  2. ROBIN H 25 Win User

Pre download Xbox Series X games

Not really...

Xbox Series X games / upgrades / updates has to be installed onto the Series X internal or expansion card SSD,

You can have Xbox One games on your external hard drive that will get an Series X upgrade but the games will need to be transferred to the Series X and then the Series X upgrade will need to be downloaded onto the Series X SSD,

As an example...

I have Marvel Avengers on my external hard drive that will get the Series X upgrade and I will transfer the game over to the Series X SSD ready to download and update the game to the Series X version when available.
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

3.0 2Tb Seagate HDD comparability

Hi,

Your drive will work the same on Series X as it does on Xbox One and you won't need to format it.

However, Series X games or Xbox One games with Series X enhancements will not run from that drive and will either need to be installed internally or to an external SSD designed for Series X/S.

Your hard drive will be too slow for Series X games. They can be stored there, but not run from there.
  4. Smwutches Win User

External storage

5. Obsessive Power Win User

Choosing a hardrrive

Fair enough, a slow internet connection is as good excuse as any.

Be aware however that while that drive will work on Series X, you won't be able to play Series X games directly from it. Series X games will require faster access and read speeds. My understanding is that the Series X games can be 'backed up' on an external
    drive and then need to copied/moved over to either the internal SSD or the External SSD's that will be available for the machine.

The Series X will read and play Xbox One games from an external drive though.
  6. dempup Win User

Will the xbox series s support external disk drives.

Hi Oliver.

No external optical drives will be supported on the Series S/X. For disc based gaming, you will need to purchase the Series X, NOT s.
Thema:

Need help regarding external hard drive on Series X.

1. Need help regarding external hard drive on Series X. - Similar Threads - Need help regarding

2. Help needed regarding Xbox game pass payment

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Help needed regarding Xbox game pass payment: In 2019 I paid for an xbox game pass ultimate and I didn't cancel the subscription in time, now the expiration date is on 1/9/2019, can someone tell if Microsoft is going to steal my money? and if...
  3. Need serious help regarding my warranty for Xbox Elite Series 2

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need serious help regarding my warranty for Xbox Elite Series 2: Hello, I purchased an Xbox Elite Series 2 about 1 year ago and while I love the controller, it has given me issues here and there. I already had it sent in and repaired once using the original 90...
  4. I need help regarding the Xbox home button menu.

in XboX Insiders
    I need help regarding the Xbox home button menu.: Why are the group's tab and settings tab missing when I press the home button. I can still find setting under account but I liked it better when the tabs were there. submitted by /u/CHEF_boiRdee...
  5. Need some help regarding a refund

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Need some help regarding a refund: My nephew accidentally purchased apex coins from Microsoft store thinking that they were for the PC version but I was unaware that those were for Xbox. Now since I don't own any Xbox systems I...
  6. Need help regarding Xbox Game Pass Ultimate purchase

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Need help regarding Xbox Game Pass Ultimate purchase: Hi all, I'm considering to purchase Xbox Game Pass Ultimate but i dont understand how it all works. Been reading allot on below links but still its not clear to me. I like to get access to both...
  7. I need some help regarding claiming my windows 10 edition of Minecraft.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I need some help regarding claiming my windows 10 edition of Minecraft.: I've been playing Minecraft Java edition for quite a while now, and have also bought Minecraft on the Nintendo Switch. Most of my friends have been going over to the Bedrock edition of Minecraft...
  8. I need some help regarding error message "You need an Xbox 360 SSD in order to play...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I need some help regarding error message "You need an Xbox 360 SSD in order to play...: I'm trying to use NFS Most Wanted 2 (backplay) on my Xbox 360 however I'm getting that error message. dddacf20-552b-4700-abe8-509875c50498
  9. Hello there, I need help regarding credits not being deposit on my account yet

in XBoX Rewards
    Hello there, I need help regarding credits not being deposit on my account yet: Gamertag is Stardog80, I have 5000 credits waiting for deposit from rewards program, they were supposed to be added around the 15th, we are almost the 18th and hasn't happened yet...
  10. Need help regarding money back on store purchase

in XBoX Rewards
    Need help regarding money back on store purchase: hi i need help regarding money back on store purchasees ive spent hundreds in store and ive only received £4 1e2538e9-1f3a-4b40-bcb2-cec6684313bf