Need Help Troubleshooting Your USB Storage Device? -- Check Here!

Discus and support Need Help Troubleshooting Your USB Storage Device? -- Check Here! in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Welcome to the exciting world of USB storage on the Xbox 360 console! Woo! So let’s make sure that you have everything in order first. If you are... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Mister Cerb, Aug 28, 2014.

1. Mister Cerb
    Mister Cerb Guest

Welcome to the exciting world of USB storage on the Xbox 360 console! Woo! So let’s make sure that you have everything in order first. If you are confident that your USB device has been formatted and configured properly, you can skip ahead to some
    more troubleshooting.

Why should I use USB storage?

If you don’t want to invest in a larger hard drive (HDDs), need a little extra space, don’t want to take advantage of Cloud Storage or don’t have a LIVE Gold account, or if you simply want to carry your profile and gamesaves around with you, then USB storage
    is for you! You can use a USB device to store all sorts of files including gamesaves, profiles, arcade games, game add-ons, and Zune movies.

Most USB thumb drives and external HDDs will work with the Xbox 360 console, but to make things simpler we do offer a Microsoft brand USB thumb drive in
    both 8GB and 16GB sizes. If you want to use your own USB device, please note that you can use up to two devices at one time and up to 32gb per device.

How do I set up a USB device?

First of all, your USB device has to be formatted with the FAT32 file structure. Most USB devices will come like this, but to be sure you can also plug yours into your home computer, open up My Computer, right click the device, and select “Format”. Your device
    also has to be at least 1gb in size.

Once you have a suitable device, just turn on your console and plug it in. Starting from the ‘Home’ hub on your console, navigate to:

‘Settings’ Hub > ‘System’ Tile > Memory > USB Storage Device > Format

From here you have two options to set up your device:

Configure Now

Selecting this option is the fastest and easiest way to get your USB device up and running. This will erase any and all data on the device and format the entire device (up to 32GB worth) for use with the Xbox 360 console. That’s it! You’re all set and you can
    start saving data to your new device right away.

Customize

This option will allow you to designate exactly how much space on the device you want to reserve for the Xbox 360 console to access. Again, the minimum is 1GB and the maximum is 32GB. Space left on the USB device after this formatting can still be used by your
    PC for extra file storage.

Something went wrong!

If you are getting errors during this process, your USB device might not be up to snuff. This could mean the speed of the device is too low, the device doesn’t have enough free space, or it just isn’t a supported brand. While it may let you continue to configure
    your device, it is recommended that you use a different device to prevent any future issues.

Device Options

After you complete the configuration of your USB device, you can manage it by highlighting the USB device on the Memory menu and press the ‘Y’ button for Device Options. One option you have in this menu is to rename your device. I recommend naming your USB
    device something unique so you don’t get it confused when using more than one device, for instance if you visit a friend’s Xbox 360 console and are each using a USB device.

You also have the option to remove the Xbox 360 formatting from the USB device if you wish to discontinue using it with the console. Make sure you transfer any important files to your console before doing this as it will delete all Xbox files from the device.

My USB device isn’t showing up at all.

Has your device been configured yet?

This is the first time I’m using the device.

Your device might not be the proper format. Plug it into your PC, open up My computer, right click on the USB device and select “Format”. Format the device to FAT32. Make sure to save any files before doing this, as formatting will erase all data on the device.

I have already configured it.

Try plugging your device in after the console starts up. Does it show up now? This is a very uncommon issue, but we are aware of it and are working to correct the issue. For now, just remember to plug in your device after startup.

My USB device un-configured itself!

If your USB device suddenly has no data in it, or it has reverted to its pre-configured state, it may not meet all the requirements for using it with the Xbox 360 console. Did you get a warning message during configuration? The best thing you could do is to
    find a USB device that better meets the requirements for use with the console.

If you want to give your USB device another try, format it to FAT32 again on the PC and then try the configuration process over again. It would be recommended to make sure your files are saved on the console as well in case there is another issue.

I’m still having issues with my USB storage device.

If you are having an issue that can’t be resolved by the above steps, feel free to create or find a post in this forum that describes your unique issue. Please include the following information:

USB device brand/size.

Error message and/or code.

What are you trying to do?

What is going wrong?

:)

Mister Cerb, Aug 28, 2014
  2. PalmettoBling, Aug 28, 2014
  3. kevin
    kevin Guest
    Troubleshooting Kinect USB connection problem

If there is a problem with the USB connection of your Kinect, you might see any one of the following error messages:

There's a USB connection problem. (C0051011)
    USB bandwidth exceeded. (C0051010)

You have to reset the connections to solve the problem.

Troubleshooting USB connection problem

Follow the steps below:

Xbox 360 S console

• First, turn off the console.
    • You need to unplug the Kinect sensor and any USB accessories from your console.
    • Plug the sensor cable into the AUX port on the back of the console.
    Note: If your Kinect came with a power/USB adapter, remove it.
    • Now turn on your console.
    • Carefully plug each USB accessory back into the console to check out which one is problematic.

If the problem still exists, you’ll have to reduce the number of accessories attached to the console.

Original Xbox 360 console

• First, turn off the console and unplug the Kinect sensor and any USB accessories from your console.
    • You need to ensure that the power cord is plugged into a working electrical outlet.
    • Check out the USB connector to ensure that it is plugged into the back of the console.
    • Now turn on your console
    • Carefully plug each USB accessory back into the console to check out which one is problematic.

If the problem still exists, you’ll have to reduce the number of accessories attached to the console.

kevin, Aug 28, 2014
  4. x24hrs2livex Win User

system check failuer

To resolve this issue, try the following solutions.

Solution 1: Verify your Microsoft account security information

Go to Microsoft account. If you forgot your password or it doesn’t work, reset your password.)

Click Edit security info.

Verify your security information. For example, verify the Phone number, Alternate email address, and Security question information.

Sign out of your Microsoft account, and then sign in again.

Try to sign in to Xbox Live again.

Solution 2: Clear the system cache

Press the Guide button on your controller.

Go to settings and select System Settings.

Select Storage or Memory.

Highlight any storage device, and then press Y on your controller. (It doesn't matter which storage device you select; the cache will be cleared for all storage devices.)

Select Clear System Cache.

Note Repeat this step three times.

When you are prompted to confirm storage device maintenance, select Yes.

Repeat steps 4-6 three times to fully clear the cache.

Solution 3: Move and then redownload your Xbox Live profile

Note If you want to use a USB flash drive or a USB hard drive to complete these steps, you must format the USB flash drive or USB hard drive for Xbox storage. (See USB flash drive support for Xbox 360.)

Move your profile to a USB flash drive or USB hard drive. To do this, follow these steps:

Plug the USB drive into your console.

From the Dashboard, go to settings and select Storage.

Select All Devices.

Select Profiles, and then select your gamer profile.

Select Move.

Select the Memory Unit that you want to move your profile to.

Note A Memory Unit can be a USB flash drive, a USB hard drive, or the Xbox 360 Hard Drive. Be sure that you move the profile to a USB flash drive or a USB hard drive.

Remove the Memory Unit from your console.

Redownload your profile. For details, see Download, move, or delete your Xbox Live profile.
  5. MBButler Win User

Xbox 360 not detecting usb flash memory

K r0ck512, What size flash drive are you using? Check to make sure your USB storage device is not set to write protected. It could also be faulty, or failed the Xbox 360 integrity check. If you would like to read further about using a USB Flashdrive for
    your XBOX 360 Console follow this link here -->
    USB Storage Device Support for Xbox 360

I hope this helps! If not, let us know.
  6. maxen Win User

Digital Downloads over multiple XBOX Ones in the same household.

7. Shadowskill08 Win User

360 Saves on Xbox One stuck at Pending Upload.

Ah, ok. Here is the
    link
    for the Xbox Cloud Storage Help page. It does look like there is a small number of games that do not support cloud saved games. Have you tried moving the saves to a USB storage drive and plugging that into your Xbox One?
  8. XBF Chris J Win User

External hard drive not registering

Hello SilverBarley,

Thank you for posting here on the Xbox forums. If you haven't already, check out this troubleshooting article to help resolve the issue :

Troubleshoot external storage detection on Xbox One

Some notable info from the article include :

For an external storage drive to save games and apps from Xbox One, it must meet the following requirements:

• It uses a USB 3.0 connection. If you’re using a USB hub, the hub must also be USB 3.0 or later.
    • It has 256 GB or larger storage capacity.
    • It has a partition. Typically, drives come wit a preformatted partition. For more information about partitioning an external hard drive, refer to the manufacturer’s instructions.
    • No more than three storage devices are connected to the console at the same time.

Check out the rest of the article if your hard drive meets all of the requirements. Let us know the results!
Thema:

1. Need Help Troubleshooting Your USB Storage Device? -- Check Here! - Similar Threads - Need Help Troubleshooting

2. Need help with the Insider program. I lost my level.

in XboX Insiders
    Need help with the Insider program. I lost my level.: submitted by /u/Talers-Username [link] [comments]
  3. Need some help with downloading the Xbox game streaming app

in XboX Insiders
    Need some help with downloading the Xbox game streaming app: My android tablet appears to meet the standards however the App Store says my device isn’t compatible with this version. My tablet is Android 6.0.1 and does have Bluetooth 4.0 Am I missing...
  4. I NEED HELP!!!!!!

in XBoX on Consoles
    I NEED HELP!!!!!!: E203 0000080C 87E0012D 2 years ago when the Xbox One X came out and I got mine on the day of release, I was very happy, ran everything so smooth but then after 11/12 months of having it,...
  5. can't cancel past due subscriptions (legal help needed)

in XBoX Accessibility
    can't cancel past due subscriptions (legal help needed): I see MANY posts related to this topic -- fox XBox, Office, etc. I have a paid subscription that expired. Haven't used it. Nothing owed to MS. Want to remove it from my account but cannot. I...
  6. I need help getting unbanned

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need help getting unbanned: So a few minutes ago I got banned for communications banned for no reason until the 20th. I was playing NBA 2k20 with a friend and I posted an lfg for another player. The first person I invited...
  7. Need help, I'm signed up for Xbox insiders and I have both the streaming app and Xbox app,...

in XboX Insiders
    Need help, I'm signed up for Xbox insiders and I have both the streaming app and Xbox app,...: [IMG] submitted by /u/andythenaykid [link] [comments]
  8. Headset Troubleshooting help needed

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset Troubleshooting help needed: Every few minuets my headset audio will cut out completely for a bit then come back. I have tried two different Turtle Beach headsets (one battery powered, one cable powered), two different audio...
  9. Need help or advice troubleshooting an issue w/xbox 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Need help or advice troubleshooting an issue w/xbox 360: -The Xbox 360 screen has gone blank, but has sound. Sometimes there is a partial screen trying to come up. We have unplugged, waited a while and reinserted all cables, but still no pic. Any...
  10. Need help with display troubleshooting.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need help with display troubleshooting.: My Xbox One is powering on but not sending any hdmi signal to the tv. I have replaced the hdmi cable, tried different hdmi ports on my tv, and verified that it is plugged into the hdmi out port on...