Need help with an installation problem

Discus and support Need help with an installation problem in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Small issue here someone hopefully has an answer to. I picked up Rage 2 yesterday, the physical disc, and the installation stops at .8% and won't... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by JEFFERSSM74, May 17, 2019.

1. JEFFERSSM74
    JEFFERSSM74 Guest

Small issue here someone hopefully has an answer to. I picked up Rage 2 yesterday, the physical disc, and the installation stops at .8% and won't budge. My internet sucks right now so the update will take some time, of course, but the game itself should
    still install shouldn't it? I have tried the troubleshooting steps and nothing has worked so far. Any ideas?

:)

JEFFERSSM74, May 17, 2019
  2. JEFFERSSM74 Win User

Got it figured out folks. Took some research but I got it.
  3. XBF Diego M Win User

Hi
    JEFFERSSM74

Thank you for coming to the Xbox forums, I'd be happy to help.

If you’re trying to install an Xbox One game from a disc and the installation process stops at or near 0%, this could be happening if your console is trying to download an update for the game while the game is installing.

To fix this issue, try these solutions.

Solution 1: Clear your local saved games and try reinstalling the game

1. Remove the disc from your console.
    2. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    3. Select System > Settings > System > and then
      Storage.
    4. Select Clear local saved games.

Note Selecting this option will not delete any games or progress you have saved in the Xbox Live cloud (data backs up to the cloud when connected to Xbox Live). It will only clear data you have saved locally.
    5. Select Yes to confirm.
    6. Once your console restarts, try installing the game again.
    If this solution doesn’t work, try the next solution.

Solution 2: Take your console offline and install the game

Take your console offline, cancel the download, and then power cycle the console. After you successfully install the game, go online and let the update download.

Step 1: Use your console offline

Follow these steps:

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    2. Select System > Settings, and then select
      Network
    3. Select Network settings, and then select Go offline.
    Step 2: Cancel the download

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide, and then select
      My games & apps.
    2. Select Queue.
    3. Highlight the game you’re trying to install and press the Menu button on the controller.
    4. Select Cancel.
    Step 3: Eject the game disc and power cycle the console

1. Eject the game disc.
    2. Press and hold the Xbox button in the center of your Xbox One controller to open the Power Center.
    3. Select Restart console.
    4. Select Restart.
    Note If the console appears to be frozen, press and hold the
    Xbox
    button on the console for about 10 seconds until the console turns off. After the console shuts down, touch the
    Xbox button on the console again to restart.

Step 4: Install the game

After the console restarts, insert the disc. Follow the steps to install the game.

Note Make sure you do this before you reconnect to the internet.

Step 5: Go online and let the game update install

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    2. Select System > Settings, and then select
      Network
    3. Select Network settings, and then select Go online.

Let us know if this helps!
  4. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

Got it figured out folks. Took some research but I got it.
    Any hints???
  5. Zero Divided Win User

Just got a one today

A fast internet is not needed but helps, if I'm following correctly, the problem is that when you install from the disc, the Xbox will first download any patches needed before installing the game, if you have a slow internet connection it is best to install
    the disc offline, then go online and it'll download the updates.
  6. Kronic Herba Win User

ryse install need help

Are you playing anything online? Is something slowing down your internet? If not, try canceling the instal and restarting it. I had a similar issue and stopping/starting it fixed the problem.
Thema:

1. Need help with an installation problem - Similar Threads - Need help installation

2. i need help the game can't be installed on my device.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i need help the game can't be installed on my device.: Paladins I click install to my device And then there's this. Where do you want to install? It looks like you don’t have any applicable device(s) linked to your Microsoft account. To install, sign...
  3. Need help w game installments

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Need help w game installments: Im somewhat new to this stuff i just bought a xbox one can anyone tell me if theres a way to install games faster?! It literally takes hours. I did the whole thing with unconnecting to. The...
  4. I need help installing a game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I need help installing a game: Can you help me install a game? f107b653-04c9-4132-9434-35958ff5ed49
  5. Need help ready to install list gone

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Need help ready to install list gone: I switched my xbox one on this morning and discovered that out of a 153 games in my ready to install list have dissapeared all but 6. These are 6 small indi games like roblox ect. I tried the...
  6. Game download: Installation stopped issue and i need help plus nothing i have tried works.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game download: Installation stopped issue and i need help plus nothing i have tried works.: i am having trouble downloading a game onto my xbox. i bought borderlands the handsome collection a couple days ago and i tried installing the game..borderlands the pre-sequel downloaded like...
  7. need help,my gears of war 3 has been installed and played and now cannot get it to play

in XBoX Games and Apps
    need help,my gears of war 3 has been installed and played and now cannot get it to play: need help why wont a xbox game that has been installed and played all of a sudden wont play have tried all the troubleshoot tips c7a9b9e7-e2fe-436e-a690-4ec6be32cf1b
  8. need help with "Installation stopped" on various games

in XBoX on Consoles
    need help with "Installation stopped" on various games: So i've been reading different forum entries with the same problem for over an hour now and no one has seemed to have the found the solution i've been desperately searching for. I've owned the...
  9. HELP NEEDED! Last Preview Update failed to install now can't boot up!

in XBoX on Consoles
    HELP NEEDED! Last Preview Update failed to install now can't boot up!: PLEASE HELP!!! On Friday 31 Mar morning (GMT) I tried to power on my XBOX ONE (Original 'Day One' edition) and it said Step 3 0f 3, applying update now at 76%. It stayed like this for about 5...
  10. Need help on how to install the controlller.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need help on how to install the controlller.: im using windows 7. just got xbox one yesterday it wouldnt insally install properly on my computer. 62d05b6f-544f-4c05-ba60-c89644990a7c