Need help with download and installation of Age of Empires 3

Discus and support Need help with download and installation of Age of Empires 3 in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello all, I purchased AOE 3 from amazon march 2016. I download and installed it but no shortcut was created so i had no way to launch the game. I... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Kobie_ko, Sep 9, 2019.

1. Kobie_ko
    Kobie_ko Guest

Hello all,

I purchased AOE 3 from amazon march 2016. I download and installed it but no shortcut was created so i had no way to launch the game. I contacted customer support and they walked me through it and its worked fine.Recently i had to do a factory reset of my
    laptop and I've logged into my amazon, dl'd and installed again...but the same issue has happened. I contacted amazon, they said they cant help me to contact the aoe. I went there (ageofempires.com) but cant seem to find a support there, hence I have come
    here. Anyone know where i can contact tech support for AoE that can help me with this?

Thank you

:)

Kobie_ko, Sep 9, 2019
  2. AridLizard Win User

if you know which directory AOE3 was installed to you can navigate to there then find the executable file (probably called AOE3.exe) then right click on it then select Create Shortcut from the drop down menu.

it should automatically set your desktop as the location to create the shortcut but if it does create it in the AOE3 folder you can copy and paste the newly created shortcut to your desktop.

hope this helps
  3. {Parity} Win User

See if you can find what you need by using this
    LINK
  4. XBF Steven R Win User

Hey there Kobie_ko

Thanks for reaching out to the Forums for advice on how to hopefully get AoE3 to install appropriately. I can totally understand how being unable to get this to work on your laptop could be disheartening. I suggest trying the steps outlined in our support
    page entitled Troubleshoot game installations on Windows 10 if you haven't already.

When you get the chance, give those steps a shot and let us know how that helped.

Thanks for reading!
  5. Gamefreak9590 Win User

help finding a game

anno and age of empires 2 are the closest i've seen so far, is age of empires 3-4 basically the same as 2 or no?
  6. reforc3 Win User

Age of Empires: Online, PC

Just a quick guide to play Age of Empires:

-You Need: Games for Windows LIVE Marketplace / Steam.

-Already "purchased" the Age of Empires Online and be in you GFWLive Markeyplace / Steam download list.

-Wait for the full download and then Install the game.

-When you open the game after install, it will show you and a pre-loader screen where it will download (again) some updates of the game outside the Install files. after that you had to restar the game

-Again the same pre-loader screen will appear with the big button "Play" enabled, click it and wait a moments and the game will finally start.

-it will ask you to sign in (Windows LIVE ID / Steam Account)

.And you can play by now
Thema:

1. Need help with download and installation of Age of Empires 3 - Similar Threads - Need help download

2. Getting painfully slow downloading speeds and need help!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Getting painfully slow downloading speeds and need help!: i havent been able to download or update any games because of the slow downloading speed i get. There would be brief moments where i would hit 60mb/s but it would drop to 500kb/s. Ive im lucky it...
  3. Need help with Xbox Play Anywhere downloading

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Need help with Xbox Play Anywhere downloading: I have ARK: Survival Evolved digitally downloaded on my Xbox One and I'm trying to download it onto my PC via Xbox Play Anywhere. When I go to the Microsoft Store to try and install it, there is...
  4. Xbox Live Gold (1year subscription) cannot download the free game, need help!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Live Gold (1year subscription) cannot download the free game, need help!: I keep getting this message when I click on the price and see the price is free for gold members; [img] I get the same error on the Xbox as well is there a setting I'm missing???...
  5. Can't download, Corrupted? NEED HELP!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't download, Corrupted? NEED HELP!: Ok so I have a serious problem here. A few days ago I decided to start using my 360 again and thought I would download some of my favorite games I have not played in a long time. I started them...
  6. Need help fixing a frozen download on Fortnite

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Need help fixing a frozen download on Fortnite: My fortnite required an update, the update wouldn’t fully load so I cancelled the queue... Upon trying to re-install Fortnite, the 18GB installation stops at 65.6% every time. I have more than...
  7. Hi, I need help with downloading my digitally owned copy of Pirates vs. Ninjas Dodgeball xbl ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hi, I need help with downloading my digitally owned copy of Pirates vs. Ninjas Dodgeball xbl ...: I believe xbox live removed this title from the store and unfortunately my library too! I checked my download history and can't get to download my copy of Pirates vs. Ninjas Dodgeball instead I...
  8. Game download: Installation stopped issue and i need help plus nothing i have tried works.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game download: Installation stopped issue and i need help plus nothing i have tried works.: i am having trouble downloading a game onto my xbox. i bought borderlands the handsome collection a couple days ago and i tried installing the game..borderlands the pre-sequel downloaded like...
  9. Need help, game won’t download

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Need help, game won’t download: I’m having a big problem with my console that isn’t allowing Bo3 to install no matter what I try. The installation process starts, says it needs an update and goes up to 5% and stops installing....
  10. need help with xbox 1s. Forza horizon 3 preloaded pack and downloaded but it wont work

in XBoX Games and Apps
    need help with xbox 1s. Forza horizon 3 preloaded pack and downloaded but it wont work: tried rebooting but doesnt work 231542d8-0451-4e5c-86de-e3f53f3425c8