Need help with games not installing to external drive

Discus and support Need help with games not installing to external drive in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Games will no longer install to my external hard drive. Attempt to install a game and it stops, giving me an "installation stopped" error. Apps install... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/HarveyNoSoul, May 14, 2020.

1. Need help with games not installing to external drive

Games will no longer install to my external hard drive. Attempt to install a game and it stops, giving me an "installation stopped" error. Apps install fine. Apps also transfer to and from fine. It's only games that won't install. Am part of the xbox insider program running the newest update. I'm on an original xbox one (not S or X). Tried all the suggested steps for fixing an installation error. Is anyone else having problems installing games to external hard drive? Any fixes? Would leaving the insider program fix it?

submitted by /u/HarveyNoSoul
    [link] [comments]

/u/HarveyNoSoul, May 14, 2020
  2. THANOS OPRESSOR Win User

Installation stopped message still appearing when trying to update Forza Horizon 4

The external hard drive helps a lot, it's used because the game pass needs, haha
    Try uninstalling the game and installing again.
  3. H-F Hum Win User

Issues with installation

I'm gonna be more specific: the game doesn't accept installation on external storage. Whether it's flash drive or external hard drive, the game isn't meant to install on external storage connected through USB just like Need for Speed Rivals on Xbox 360.
    You need to install it on an internal hard drive (media hard drive). The link I provided to you aren't external hard drives; they're internal hard drives for the Xbox 360:

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/accessories/harddrives
  4. H3PA80R Win User

Not enough space

Also check in the settings, that your external hdd is set up as main drive for installing new content. If a game which is on the internal hdd need an update you could move the game to the external drive. Than your console should be able to download new
    updates. Hope that helps.
  5. Mister Mascot Win User

Fallout 4 FREEZING when i try to go to MOD section in main menu

Bummer, sorry the steps didn't help. Are you seeing this issue with others games on the console as well? Are you using an external hard drive to store the game or the internal drive? If you're using an external drive, try to install the game to the internal
    drive and see if that helps.

Let us know!
  6. gds1972 Win User

playing on other xbox

Hi

If you log into your friends console all of your downloaded content should be available for you to download and play. If you own the disc version of the game all you will need to insert the disc install the game and play.

I personally have all of my games installed to an external hard drive then all I need to do is plug the drive in log into my profile and play from the external drive need to download of install the game on another console.
Thema:

Need help with games not installing to external drive

1. Need help with games not installing to external drive - Similar Threads - Need help games

2. I need help installing a game

in XBoX on Windows
    I need help installing a game: I'm unable to install a specific game (Ori and the Will of the Wisps) on the Microsoft store using the Xbox Gamepass. For some reason this game will not install because of a error that says "Check...
  3. Help needed - new to gaming

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Help needed - new to gaming: Hi there all. I hope you can help with some basic guidance. All stores are closed so i have no one to ask! I am a complete novice at gaming and havent owned a console since having a Sega Mega...
  4. : Need help staying connected to game servers in multiplayer modes after updating router...

in XboX Networking Hardware
    : Need help staying connected to game servers in multiplayer modes after updating router...: : Need help staying connected to game servers in multiplayer modes after updating router equipment. Hi, at a point you mentioned mobile hotspot, you have problem with that too? if so then the...
  5. Need help connecting controller, xbox, and phone at once, and Game streaming from console.

in XboX Insiders
    Need help connecting controller, xbox, and phone at once, and Game streaming from console.: I have been selected for project x cloud but I want to play games from my console on my phone? Can someone help me set this up? Because I cannot find clear instruction on how to do this. I'm also...
  6. NEED HELP FOR THE LOVE OF GAMES

in XBoX on Consoles
    NEED HELP FOR THE LOVE OF GAMES: NEED HELP NEW TO THE XBOX WORLD!!! So I bought a xbox one off gamestop (keep this in minded it was a refurbished xbox one), got it yesterday played for an hr went to bathroom come back it turned...
  7. Moved house, no internet for a month. Need help accessing games.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Moved house, no internet for a month. Need help accessing games.: Hi, Like the title says, we have had to move during the covid problem, which we have managed okay, but we cant get the internet set up till mid june due to there not being engineers to fit it....
  8. I need help getting to games that I have claimed from xbox live gold

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I need help getting to games that I have claimed from xbox live gold: I have a couple games that aren't showing up in the "All owned Games" tab. I know of at least 5 games that I can't ges t that I had from xbox live gold. The "Xbox live Gold" tab where I assume...
  9. Game share! Need help

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game share! Need help: Hi , please help I game shared with my sister, she downloaded the new modern warfare but it says she has to buy it? Help! I have her Xbox set as my home and my xbox set as her home. We live in...
  10. HELP NEEDED previously downloaded backward compatible games are not starting

in XboX Insiders
    HELP NEEDED previously downloaded backward compatible games are not starting: I am having trouble with playing backwards compatible games. None of them will start I put them in and after a few minutes it will say "game not playable here" all games are already installed. Gta...