Need help with Microsoft Store / Xbox App on Windows 10 - not downloading games - Xbox App...

Discus and support Need help with Microsoft Store / Xbox App on Windows 10 - not downloading games - Xbox App... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; This is my first post, but I feel like I've been here for a while. I have a new Win10 pc. I'm a long-time subscriber to Game Pass on console, but... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by NBM4343, Sep 18, 2021.

1. NBM4343
    NBM4343 Guest

Need help with Microsoft Store / Xbox App on Windows 10 - not downloading games - Xbox App...

This is my first post, but I feel like I've been here for a while.

I have a new Win10 pc. I'm a long-time subscriber to Game Pass on console, but recently decided to try it on PC to enjoy Flight Sim and some other MS exclusives.

I subscribed to Game Pass for PC, and downloaded the Xbox App. The app opens fine, links right up to my account, but when I browse the catalog and select a game to Install, the Xbox App does not list my hard drives. I have 2 drives. Instead, it says " () Available Unknown". In the Xbox App, when I click my profile, then general, I see the area where I can direct the app to install games, but it also has a dropdown menu with no options.

I called support. They had me try to go through the Microsoft Store. Sweet, I can see all the gamepass games. I click on download there, it shows my drives! I select my drive, click install, and, it does nothing. No errors, it just doesn't add the game to my queue or begin installing.

Things I've done to fix:

- At first, my Microsoft Store App was unable to download anything due to error code 0x00000000. That seemed to clear up as I took some of the steps below, yet here I am still unable to use the subscription.

- Repaired Xbox App and Store app.

- Ran all associated troubleshooters.

- Reset store app cache using wsreset.exe command

- Deleted and reinstalled game services numerous times

- Deleted and reinstalled Xbox app numerous times.

- Deleted and reinstalled Microsoft Store numerous times.

- Checked for updates via Update and Security feature, I'm all up to date.

- Followed the Xbox App banner to try to download KB5004476. I found the correct update for my OS x64 but can't apply to system as I get error message that it isn't applicable.

- followed other MS Community posts about deleting registry entries for gamingservices and gamingservicesnet. Followed all those steps exactly with no luck.

- Downloaded a whole fresh install of Windows 10.

- Spoke to Windows Support and Xbox Support. Both recommended repeating steps I've already taken many times over.

So, where do I go from here? The Xbox agent was suggesting it's a HDD issue but I refused that notion. I have Steam, and Epic, and Ubisoft apps that have no problems seeing my HDD's and downloading games.

Any advice is appreciated. It's late so I'll likely reply tomorrow with any updates.

:)

NBM4343, Sep 18, 2021
  2. gamingdu33 Win User

PC xbox beta Bug

try either reinstalling the xbox beta app, or try to download the game using the Windows 10 Microsoft Store App
  3. XBF Leo G Win User

Where do I download my copy of Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition for my new pc?

Hello Ava,

Thanks for posting on the Xbox forums. We understand that you need assistance with downloading Minecraft for Windows 10 on your new computer. You can choose to download your games on the Microsoft Store or Xbox App. We have a support article that explains

how to install games on Windows 10
    . Be sure to let us know there results Ava!
  4. CIDkidzPILLZ Win User

xbox problem

If you're referring to the 'Xbox App' on your Windows 10 PC. You would need to go to the Microsoft Store app and download from there. Here's the link threw the Xbox website to download it if need be.

Xbox App
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

Ultimate Game Pass How to begin on PC ????

Hi,

First you need to download the PC Xbox App to your Windows 10 PC. You can get the download

here

Next you need to sign on the App with the same account you use on your console. Plus, if you haven't done so already, you need to make sure you are logged in with the same account on the Windows Store.

The Xbox App doesn't actually do any downloading, everything downloads via the Windows Store for Windows 10, but you need the Xbox App to initiate the download, and this is why your account needs to be on both. If you already sign in on Windows 10 with the
    same account, you shouldn't need to change anything on the Windows Store.
  6. A Skilled Shot Win User

Game Pass on PC not working.

So on your PC you need to make sure the
    game pass ultimate account is signed into the
    Microsoft store app, You might want to try installing the
    xbox(beta) app
    on windows as well and try downloading from there.

Not all of the game pass games between Xbox and PC are the same, the xbox(beta) app will show you all the available and installed windows game pass games

US xbox(beta)

CAN xbox(beta)
Thema:

1. Need help with Microsoft Store / Xbox App on Windows 10 - not downloading games - Xbox App... - Similar Threads - Need help Microsoft

2. Need help on Microsoft Mahjong - Mobile | Lightning Tiles - Expert December 15 2020

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Need help on Microsoft Mahjong - Mobile | Lightning Tiles - Expert December 15 2020: This is really tough. I couldn't finish it or solve the puzzle, so I need lots of help. Much help is appreciated. 7d56fdae-4ede-4a4a-8aca-7b9913f5a3d5
  3. Microsoft Call Center workers keeps hanging up on me when i need help

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Call Center workers keeps hanging up on me when i need help: ok i thought call center workers help people NOT hanging up on them this had happened way to many times to me and to be fair it's getting rude the lady workers keeps on hanging up on me this is...
  4. Need help playing Microsoft Games online on PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Need help playing Microsoft Games online on PC: When I try to play Forza online I get an error message and when I try to fix it (Xbox Networking) it just doesn't work and I need someone who knows what they're doing to guide me through and show...
  5. I've been tricked and lied to. please help, Microsoft support needed

in XboX Insiders
    I've been tricked and lied to. please help, Microsoft support needed: I am in the flight program for PC and a console, my waypoint messages are in my inbox, and they do absolutely nothing. One of them contains a link with install instructions, and it literally...
  6. I need help finding my password for my Microsoft account I need it to sign in

in XBoX on Mobile
    I need help finding my password for my Microsoft account I need it to sign in: I tried resetting my password and it didn't work. The code got sent to my mom instead of me I would ask her for the code but she doesn't want me going on Xbox live since because she deleted it on...
  7. I need help finding my password for my Microsoft account

in XBoX on Windows
    I need help finding my password for my Microsoft account: Can someone help me find my password or notify me that would be great 751d063c-5015-4e3a-90e0-15386e9abc7e
  8. Need help changing realms settings on my Microsoft accounts

in XBoX Accessibility
    Need help changing realms settings on my Microsoft accounts: I need to change settings So I can play realms on my playstation4 750b0a56-abe5-4ad3-9055-281c371dee7c
  9. Please help me this ain't a xbox or microsoft question because I need to get a group of...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Please help me this ain't a xbox or microsoft question because I need to get a group of...: They are ganging up and destroying peoples fun by destroying things they have worked hard on.I will put a list of their gametags [mod removed].Please get them banned because what they are doing is...
  10. I Need Help With Removing My Data From A Website I Don't Control That Is Using Microsoft...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I Need Help With Removing My Data From A Website I Don't Control That Is Using Microsoft...: I would like some help with keeping my Xbox account data publicly visible but I would like my stuff removed from https://www.xboxgamertag.com/search/WarrenWoodhouse which is using Microsoft API...