Need help with picture size / aspect ratio on xbox

Discus and support Need help with picture size / aspect ratio on xbox in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; [TECH] I've been trying to troubleshoot my TV because the screen Is too zoomed. I've changed the aspect ratio in the TV settings and it's the same... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/JacobGgamer, Jan 13, 2022.

1. Need help with picture size / aspect ratio on xbox

[TECH] I've been trying to troubleshoot my TV because the screen Is too zoomed. I've changed the aspect ratio in the TV settings and it's the same outcome. I was wondering if anyone knows how to change picture size on an Xbox or if anyone knows a way I could fix this issue. thanks in advance

submitted by /u/JacobGgamer
    [link] [comments]

/u/JacobGgamer, Jan 13, 2022
  2. BeastBadshah Win User

Overscan

From the Xbox home screen navigate to Settings >> All Settings
    >> Display & sound >> Video output >>
    Calibrate HDTV,
    and select Next until Aspect ratio and Sharpness is displayed on the screen. If you cannot see the green line on the edge of your screen, Use your TV settings to change the Aspect Ratio or picture size to show the green
    line at the edge of the screen.
  3. gds1972 Win User

Screen edges cut off. Overscan issues.

Hi

Having a look around the internet it seems like you need to set the picture aspect ratio to wide on your television to turn off overscan. If this does not work I would also try possibly setting it to 16-9 ratio.
  4. Falkon(2) Win User

Best display settings?

[quote user="BeAr GrYlLs 619"]

I set my 360's resolution to 720p because i feel like games run smoother (my tv's native resolution is 1080p). Now though, a good portion of the screen is cut off and nothing in my tvs picture settings is able to fix that. Is this how it has to be on 720p?

[/quote]Sounds like you have some overscan issues. If that's the case you would need to adjust your picture settings on the TV accordingly. Some names manufacturers label the button that would change that are: P Size, Format, Wide Mode, Aspect, etc. Once
    you find the button that adjust aspect ratio just toggle through the different options until the picture is no longer cut off. Hope that helps.
  5. Awxafy Win User

Aspect ratio help

wow ... it is MAY of 2014 ... and this STILL HASN'T BEEN RESOLVED!? ... this must be just too much to handle
  6. Awxafy Win User

Aspect ratio help

Br,

If you get the chance, can you outline the procedure step by step once you have access to your One? I don't have it for testing purposes.

Really appreciate it, man.
Thema:

Need help with picture size / aspect ratio on xbox

1. Need help with picture size / aspect ratio on xbox - Similar Threads - Need help picture

2. I need urgent help

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need urgent help: Look, I've been playing Reimbow six for 3 years, only I stopped playing it since I used to play on my Xbox and that and now that they've switched me to PC I wanted to download it again and I...
  3. Update Not Able To Complete Need Help

in XboX Insiders
    Update Not Able To Complete Need Help: I just got off work excited to play however when i turned my xbox on it needed and update so i started updated however everytime it gets done verifying it says there was an issue and i tried...
  4. I need some help with configuration of my controller

in XboX Insiders
    I need some help with configuration of my controller: Hi everyone, I've never played on controler and now i bought my first one and it is so hard for me to aim in cod. Can u recommend me settings that u use in cod warzone that might make it a bit...
  5. I have a problem and I need help: I can't get out of the minecraft beta

in XboX Insiders
    I have a problem and I need help: I can't get out of the minecraft beta: I was from the time of the old xbox insider hub app and I was participating in the minecraft beta. I ended up stopping playing for a long time (note: still participating in the beta) and only...
  6. Need Help With Your Custom Gamer Picture Not Showing Up? Here's the Possible Solution!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need Help With Your Custom Gamer Picture Not Showing Up? Here's the Possible Solution!: Have you ever tried to have a COOL GamerPic on your Xbox Profile and when you press 'Save Changes' and Picture doesn't show up on your profile? Well, you may have found the RIGHT place for a...
  7. Need help with custom gamer pictures

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need help with custom gamer pictures: hi i need help with the custom gamer pictures im 16 and my age has been changed and my settings are on adult is there anyway else I can change this so i can get a custom gamer pic....
  8. Need help uploading custom gamer picture from the internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need help uploading custom gamer picture from the internet: When I try to upload a custom gamer picture on the Xbox (beta) app, I get an error saying that "people under the age of 18 can't upload custom images" even though I turned 18 just last month. How...
  9. i need help i dont see no picture on my cd on my xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    i need help i dont see no picture on my cd on my xbox one: i put a disc on my xbox one and i dont see nothing new on the screen. no game no cd. nothing. how do i fix? i have to replace the blu ray? thanks.... 0a217625-a691-4dd3-afa5-5bf97c77c2b0
  10. Need help finding a gamer picture

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need help finding a gamer picture: I want to have the same gamer picture as someone that I know, but I cannot find it anywhere. I think it has something to do with johnny five from short circuit, but I just don't know where to...