Need to buy a game i already own

Discus and support Need to buy a game i already own in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I bought Sea of thieves in august then didn't play for like 6 month. but now when i'm trying to play it again it say i need to pay for it again on... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by xdkasss, May 13, 2022.

1. xdkasss
    xdkasss Guest

I bought Sea of thieves in august then didn't play for like 6 month. but now when i'm trying to play it again it say i need to pay for it again on microsoft store

I already own it so why do i have to buy it again?

:)

xdkasss, May 13, 2022
  2. Lucas Lauer Win User

Hello, xdkasss. Thanks for reaching out! My name is Lucas, and I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user just like you. I'll be happy to assist you today.

If you go to your account purchase history, can you see your Sea of Thieves purchase there showing as completed? See if it's there and let me know:

https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders

Make sure you select the period to more than 6 months to see your order.
  3. CrazY1985 Win User

Buying games that I already own

Please make sure that you are using the account that bought the digital game.
  4. DominumStige Win User

Buying games that I already own

Hi!

Each game purchased both X360 and X1 is associated with the account. Check to use the same account. You can find the list of games purchased on the console in the "Ready
    to Install
    " section.
  5. Mister Cizl Win User

Have A Game That I Own Already But It Says I need to buy it again.

Hey ElCaBo02! Is there another gamertag on the console that may own GTA instead? Check
    here and see if you see GTA listed on your account. Post back and let me know!

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines for the Do's and Don'ts as well as the Xbox
    Insider Program Forums
    for help with Xbox Insider Program troubleshooting. Achievement issues? Check our sticky

HERE
    for the best info.
  6. Smwutches Win User

Cannot buy a game as a gift if I already own it?

Once the game releases, you should be able to buy it as a gift. They just don't allow the gift option on pre-orders.
Thema:

1. Need to buy a game i already own - Similar Threads - Need buy game

2. Why do you need to add a profile address when buying some in the game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why do you need to add a profile address when buying some in the game: When you are playing game but planning to buy something in the game like an example Glory of Generals 2 that cost $1.99 why do need do add a profile address when you are purchasing it?...
  3. Will I need to buy my disk games again with the Xbox series S?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Will I need to buy my disk games again with the Xbox series S?: I have a bunch of disk games and I want to buy the Xbox series S but I don’t really want to spend 100s of dollars on the digital copies. Will I have too buy them or do they transfer over or...
  4. New Minecraft launcher tells me I need to buy Game Pass for PC in order to play Minecraft,...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    New Minecraft launcher tells me I need to buy Game Pass for PC in order to play Minecraft,...: It's all in the title. I wanted to play Minecraft Java now that the launcher app is out, and upon booting it up I was met with a screen telling me either to buy Minecraft or subscribe to Game...
  5. need help buying xbox game pass ultimate

in XBoX on Consoles
    need help buying xbox game pass ultimate: I just bought a 5$ gift card and put money on my microsoft account. and when i tried to buy the xbox game pass ultimate that is $1 for first purchase, it asked for another way to pay the rest. and...
  6. “To play this game you’ll need to buy it”

in XboX Insiders
    “To play this game you’ll need to buy it”: I tried to load into black ops Cold War, but got the message the title reads. I’ve tried to re install but it says I don’t have the game. Is there any fixes? I’d love to not have to spend 60 bucks...
  7. Black ops Cold War not showing up in my games and apps + says I need to buy it

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Black ops Cold War not showing up in my games and apps + says I need to buy it: As the title says Black Ops Cold War is not in my games and apps and the xbox store is saying i do not own the game. I pre ordered the game and played it up till around a month ago when i...
  8. Game says I need to buy when it was preordered.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game says I need to buy when it was preordered.: I'm having a problem with marvel's avengers. I have tried multiple times to launch the game and have it tell me I need to buy it before playing. Here's the thing. My boyfriend preordered me the...
  9. Xbox app says I have a game and after launching, says I need to buy it again

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app says I have a game and after launching, says I need to buy it again: I bought Gears 5 when I got the offer to get it for free through the xbox app with the game pass. After finishing the xbox pass, the xbox app says that I already have the game, but when I try to...
  10. I own Xbox game pass ultimate but still i cant buy jump force it says I need to pay it....

in XBoX on Consoles
    I own Xbox game pass ultimate but still i cant buy jump force it says I need to pay it....: I went to Xbox website it still said u have you have to pay. Is Jump force not a Xbox game pass ultimate e48b3689-34e8-4568-9ea8-29d0437fc1e8