Need to link parent account to connect to live

Discus and support Need to link parent account to connect to live in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hey Xbox community, so I made a mistake by unlinking my account to my parents account as we continuously forgot the parental password, now I am stuck... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by xxTBONE97xx, Jun 15, 2014.

1. xxTBONE97xx
    xxTBONE97xx Guest

Hey Xbox community, so I made a mistake by unlinking my account to my parents account as we continuously forgot the parental password, now I am stuck as when i sign in it says i need to change parental account or continue playing offline, so when I go to
    change the parental email to link myself back in, it goes through the whole process and then it says that "Xbox live signup is currently unavailable. Please try again later." Now I thought ok I will try again in a day or two, and here I am a week or two later
    with me not able to play, so now I am asking for assistance, does anyone know what I can do to link my account back? Thanks for your time reading this and your help.

:)

xxTBONE97xx, Jun 15, 2014
  2. Batterang
    Batterang Guest
    Stuck In Parent Account Loop

So i can't accept the october licence agreement thats prompted when trying the connect to xbox live because i need my parent account's password . I can't get the parent account's password because my old friend made my account using his email and he has
    since forgotten his email and password . I'm 19 now which should allow me to remove the parent account from my account but to do this i need to connect to xbox live and remove it through the security tab . Due the aforementioned problem with the license agreement
    i can't connect to xbox live . What can i do ?

Batterang, Jun 15, 2014
  3. finleyor
    finleyor Guest
    Change link to parent microsoft account

I want to cancel my sons xbox link to my Mircorsoft account and set up Live for me only to my Microsoft account, how do I do this?

finleyor, Jun 15, 2014
  4. xxTBONE97xx
    xxTBONE97xx Guest

I would really really like some help please, thank you.

xxTBONE97xx, Jun 15, 2014
  5. xxTBONE97xx Win User

I would really really like some help please, thank you.
  6. Gillette 73 Win User

Online playing problem

support.xbox.com/.../xbox-live-parental-control sounds like your under parental controls or on a child account . You'll need
    the main account holders permission to change it if your not the main account holder . If you are the main account holder the link will help.
  7. KrisFarrell Win User

Xbox Live has a faulty parental account system. It will not let me log into my Gold account even though the password I'm putting in is correct.

When you use an email address on an Xbox account as your login email, wether it be Yahoo, Gmail, AOL etc, it becomes a Windows Live ID.

This Windows Live ID is used to sign into your Xbox account and can be used on various Windows Live services.

So, when its asking for Windows Live ID, or Parental Windows Live ID it means the login email for the account or parental account.

Child accounts can not accept the TOU so you need the correct Parental information. If there is a chance you have forgotten the password for the Parental WLID then you will need to go to account.live.com and click the "Cant access account" link and follow
    the instructions for resetting the password. More than likely you will be able to send a reset link to the actual Yahoo account which will allow you to reset the password for the Windows Live side of things, i.e the parental Xbox Account.

Good luck!
  8. WPAK Win User

Family Game Sharing Issues

Hi there,

if the codes were redeemed on the parental account and that same account has set the console as Home console, then any other profile/account on that console should be able to use the games that are owned digitally by the parental account, they should also
    be able to use Gold features like online gameplay.

The console needs to be connected to Xbox Live though for this to work.

Please see this link for more information regarding the Home console setting and how to check if it's set as Home console for the parental account:

https://support.xbox.com/games/game-setup/my-home-xbox

and for some more info this link too:
    https://support.xbox.com/xbox-one/xbox-live/xbox-live-gold-sharing-features

So if the console is connected to Xbox Live and the account that was used to redeem the codes has the console set as Home console, then the kids should be able to use those games. Same for Gold/Game pass subscription if present on Parental account

Regarding disc based games, the disc need to be inserted to play the game for any account.

Let us know the results
  9. WPAK Win User

How do i remove my parental email address from my childs xbox 360 account?

Hi there,

you can't really remove the parental account untill his account has reached the legal age limit. This based on the birthdate on his account, which can not be changed.

But you can change the parental settings which should allow him to add friends and play games etc without the need of the approval from the parental account.

See this link for the how to:
    support.xbox.com/.../xbox-live-parental-control
Thema:

1. Need to link parent account to connect to live - Similar Threads - Need link parent

2. Made a new email address need linking to old gamer tag

in XBoX Accessibility
    Made a new email address need linking to old gamer tag: Hi I deleted a previous email address due to hackers and i made a new one but i need to link my old gamer tag to new email address. I made a new microsoft account but cant transfer older gamer tag...
  3. I need to link my Xbox One account to a different Xbox 360 account.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need to link my Xbox One account to a different Xbox 360 account.: Hello. My problem is that I have an xbox 360 account, but it was made with someone else’s email and password at that time. That made me have to make another account for my Xbox One. I would like...
  4. need chat to support n real agent anyone got a link plse srry but i been here for 4 hours ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    need chat to support n real agent anyone got a link plse srry but i been here for 4 hours ...: need link get to chat to real agent tbh anyone plse 2b33e710-b1a7-4295-ba6f-e27a3baa7cc6
  5. Xbox One needs system link

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Xbox One needs system link: Xbox One needs system link Why can't I system link multiple Xbox Ones like the original Xboxes and Xbox 360? I'm I missing something here? I'm unable to system link two Xbox Ones playing Halo...
  6. Need Info link doesn‘t work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need Info link doesn‘t work: Dear Microsoft Team, i got banned from any Xbox Live Services. After that Information, i started a case review and explained my side. After that the Status changed to „under review“. After that...
  7. Need Info link doesn‘t work

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need Info link doesn‘t work: Dear Microsoft Team, i got banned from any Xbox Live Services. After that Information, i started a case review and explained my side. After that the Status changed to „under review“. After that...
  8. I need to change the account linked to An Xbox account. (Please help if i can)

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need to change the account linked to An Xbox account. (Please help if i can): First i need you to understand my situation. My Xbox account is linked to my fathers. Last April he passed. What i'm trying to do is to remove the Xbox account off of his account and put it on...
  9. Need to link different Xbox account to Microsoft account.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need to link different Xbox account to Microsoft account.: Hi, I recently realized that my Xbox account that I use has a different email than my Microsoft account. As I'm trying to gain enough rewards for a Gold membership, it's important that I can use...
  10. NEED TO DELETE XBOX PROFILE TO LINK MY OTHER ACCOUNT.

in XBoX on Consoles
    NEED TO DELETE XBOX PROFILE TO LINK MY OTHER ACCOUNT.: My Microsoft account automatically created an Xbox profile for me instead of giving me the option to link my account under a different email. Can someone please help so I don't haven't to use two...