Need to Reset My Console

Discus and support Need to Reset My Console in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; In order to troubleshoot a router performance issue, I plan to reset my console using the 'Reset and Keep My Games & Apps' option. I'm currently in the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ConsolGamr, Mar 26, 2020.

1. ConsolGamr
    ConsolGamr Guest

Need to Reset My Console

In order to troubleshoot a router performance issue, I plan to reset my console using the 'Reset and Keep My Games & Apps' option. I'm currently in the first month of my most recent XBOX Live Gold 3-month subscription. My questions are:

1. Will I lose the remaining balance on my 3-month subscription?
    2. Will I lose skins I've purchased within my games?
    3. Will I have to re-input all aspects of the gamer profile I've created for myself (gamer tag, icon ,etc.)? Or is all that saved to my account, and all I have to do is just re-input my account details?
    4. Do I have to set up my security configurations all over again? I've input these over time with considerable guidance from friends and family, so unless I specifically document these now, I won't be able to recall them once I reset the console.
    Thank you in advance for any guidance anyone can provide me on these questions.

:)

ConsolGamr, Mar 26, 2020
  2. D4vid 360 Win User

Need to Reset My Console

If you reset your console, will only lose your configuration for that console. What’s cool is that once you log in with you mail and password linked to your gamertag (which will have your datas, achievements, purchases and so on), the console will tell uou
    that your old configuration has heen saved on the cloud and you can easily download it.

So no, you will not lose quite anything.
  3. SepiaMX Win User

Need to Reset My Console

I was going to ask the same, anyways. According to the info here on How to reset your console to factory defaults on
    Xbox One

Reset and keep my games & apps. Use this option as your primary choice when troubleshooting. It will reset the OS and delete all potentially corrupted data without deleting your games
    or apps. In some cases, if a corrupt game file is causing the issue you're troubleshooting, you may have to choose Reset and remove everything, but you should always start with Reset
    and keep my games & apps

1. You will keep your Xbox Live Gold 3-month subscription.

2. You will also keep the skins you've purchased within your games.

3. You just have to re-input my account details again.

4. Not sure about this one, but you might have to set up my security configurations all over again. Just take a note on your actual configurations in case.

Good luck!
  4. CyTeK1978 Win User

Need to Reset My Console

When you have a Problem with your Router, why you want to Reset your Console?
  5. crazydude1965 Win User

Need to Reset My Console

Hi ive had router issues you shouldnt loose anything i suggest try changing primary dns to 1.1.1.1 and secondary to 1.0.0.1 this helped me
  6. Jeremy2085 Win User

Need to Reset My Console

I would suggest reseting your router if that is where the problem is.
Thema:

Need to Reset My Console

1. Need to Reset My Console - Similar Threads - Need Reset Console

2. Need hard reset if I want to play games.

in XboX Insiders
    Need hard reset if I want to play games.: Hi so recently after the update I need to reset my xbox one x every time I want to play a game. Error come up saying the game took to long to start. A normal restart from the dashboard does...
  3. My Xbox need to put the factory reset

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox need to put the factory reset: Well, a few days ago my xbox one( fat model), starts to do strange things. At the begininnig, the led with the symbol of the xbox starts to blink for some seconds. As you know, normally the led is...
  4. I was given an xbox 360 and need to reset parental controls. How do I do that?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I was given an xbox 360 and need to reset parental controls. How do I do that?: How do I reset parental controls? I was given this xbox 360 but it won't let me watch anything above pg rating... 0957cef2-45b1-4d55-9bca-bcc767b9e3b0
  5. Your console is slow? It might need a factory reset

in XboX Insiders
    Your console is slow? It might need a factory reset: As background I had installed around 1300 games across 2 HDD and one SSD, I own a Xbox One X. I been experiencing in the last few weeks how the overall performance of the console was decreasing,...
  6. Need to reset PIN of microsoft account that is NOT logged in a working computer.

in XBoX on Windows
    Need to reset PIN of microsoft account that is NOT logged in a working computer.: I need to reset my pin. I am trying to use the Xbox (beta) app on my pc, as I recently started an Ultimate game pass subscription. After I log in, it tells me I need to set up Windows Hello, and...
  7. Xbox wont turn on (need to factory reset)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wont turn on (need to factory reset): Hello all, So, my xbox one (1st gen) is having a few issues. I'm trying to factory reset it to sell it and since ive unplugged it it wont even start up. It will start up for about 1 minute and...
  8. need to reset passcode on family settings

in XBoX Accessibility
    need to reset passcode on family settings: my son was given an xbox 360 and tried to play a new game today but the family settings are on and our friend can't remember the passcode or the answer to the passcode. we have tried resetting...
  9. Need expert help. None of the usual fixes have worked. Tried hard reset, factory reset,...

in XboX Insiders
    Need expert help. None of the usual fixes have worked. Tried hard reset, factory reset,...: [IMG] submitted by /u/a_swift_kick_in_the [link] [comments]
  10. Parental reset code needed, not available in microsoft.com/devices

in XBoX on Consoles
    Parental reset code needed, not available in microsoft.com/devices: I simply need a reset code sent to my xbox 360. It's already registered to my account, I've got all the details I need to get into that part in the website. The problem here is I'm going to this...