Netflix and Disney plus causing Xbox screen to go black but can still hear sounds.

Discus and support Netflix and Disney plus causing Xbox screen to go black but can still hear sounds. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Netflix crashing to to solid black screen I had this problem on my original Xbox one starting about a year ago. When I launch Netflix it goes to the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by FLAgentMichigan, May 10, 2020.

1. Netflix and Disney plus causing Xbox screen to go black but can still hear sounds.

Netflix crashing to to solid black screen

I had this problem on my original Xbox one starting about a year ago. When I launch Netflix it goes to the white screen with red letters. The screen then changes to the black screen with red letters for about 3 seconds. The screen then cuts out to all black,
    and stays that way. Then I am still able to hold the Xbox button and shut off the system or controller, but I cannot see anything on the TV.

The only way I can restart my system is the do a hard reset and unplug the system and plug it back in but sometimes even doing that doesn't fix the main problem. It lets me start my Xbox but then as soon as I open Netflix it does the same thing and I'm back
    to restarting my Xbox.

It cannot be a problem with the hardware since this has happened using different systems, cables and TVs. It has also been happening over the course of several Xbox updates. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app as well as using different live
    accounts to access the app. None of these things are working. This problem is also not locked to Netflix but also Disney plus. Any help would be good.

:)

FLAgentMichigan, May 10, 2020
  2. FLAgentMichigan Win User

Netflix and Disney plus causing Xbox screen to go black but can still hear sounds.

This issue has been happening on and off for a few years. It's not because of this.
  3. General Ayel Win User

I know that Netflix were cutting back the quality of there streams lately to help the Internet providers since everyone is working from home. This could be the cause.
  4. ThisGameIsSucky Win User

Have you tried reaching out to Netfilx's or Disney Plus' support about potential stability issues with the console versions of their apps? That may be a good place to start in help reconcile the issues at hand here.

Here are some links: https://help.netflix.com/en & https://help.disneyplus.com/csp
  5. FLAgentMichigan Win User

If it was their problem then I would go to them but how can the SAME issue happen at the same time on two different apps made by different people. This is an Xbox issue.
  6. Dboi5885 Win User

Cant access my streaming services on xbox one

Everything was working about 4 days ago then hulu disney plus and funimation stopped but netflix still works fine and I can access everything on my other devices just not the xbox
Thema:

1. Netflix and Disney plus causing Xbox screen to go black but can still hear sounds. - Similar Threads - Netflix Disney plus

2. Netflix keeps going dim Xbox Series X

in XboX Insiders
    Netflix keeps going dim Xbox Series X: Anyone else seeing odd behavior where Netflix goes dim? submitted by /u/NewBlacksmurf [link] [comments]
  3. Xbox series x - Netflix and Disney plus issue

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox series x - Netflix and Disney plus issue: Hi, I’m sure this is now well known but I can not play any programs from Disney and I can not play certain films on Netflix, on Disney I get error code 39, and on Netflix the film plays but is...
  4. Dolby Vision not working with Disney+ or Netflix w/Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dolby Vision not working with Disney+ or Netflix w/Xbox Series X: Recently upgraded from Xbox One X to Xbox Series X, and now Disney+ and Netflix no longer have Dolby Vision enabled. HDR10 shows up, 4k shows up, but no DV. This worked previously, and in settings...
  5. Xbox Series X cannot play 24Hz movie from Netflix or Disney+

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Series X cannot play 24Hz movie from Netflix or Disney+: When you buy a top quality product, you are someone that like the quality! It's very disappoint to see how Microsoft, a company that sell the most powerful console on the market, that is not only...
  6. Xbox Series X cannot play 24Hz movie from Netflix or Disney+

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Series X cannot play 24Hz movie from Netflix or Disney+: When you buy a top quality product, you are someone that like the quality! It's very disappoint to see how Microsoft, a company that sell the most powerful console on the market, that is not only...
  7. No audio at 120hz on netflix, disney+ but games do.

in XboX Insiders
    No audio at 120hz on netflix, disney+ but games do.: So have series x, lg b9, and samsung soundbar with earc support. On my one x I ran bitstream dolby digital which worked fine. On the series x in 120hz mode there is no sound on any audio in apps...
  8. On my Xbox one, while watching Video streaming like Netflix, Disney plus or youtube, the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    On my Xbox one, while watching Video streaming like Netflix, Disney plus or youtube, the...: On my Xbox one, While watching Video streaming like Netflix, Disney plus or youtube, the Audio on TV goes mute randomly from few seconds upto a minute. It comes back by itself. It only happens...
  9. Green screen while watching streaming services i.e Hulu, Netflix, Disney +, and even Twitch

in XBoX on Consoles
    Green screen while watching streaming services i.e Hulu, Netflix, Disney +, and even Twitch: I keep having a reoccurring issue where whenever i watch any streaming services I get a green screen with subtitles and sound still playing as if I was actually being able to watch. I realize I am...
  10. Child can't watch Netflix, Disney, etc, with me (the parent) being signed in also

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Child can't watch Netflix, Disney, etc, with me (the parent) being signed in also: My daughter is in "My family" on the Xbox One. When she is not signed in, she can watch Netflix, but not Disney. If she signs in, she cannot watch either Netflix, or Disney. Of course, if I sign...