Netflix app crashing when playing Dolby Atmos content

Discus and support Netflix app crashing when playing Dolby Atmos content in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Seems to have started to happen with the latest changes that Microsoft did with the Dolby Atmos setup. Every content I try to play that is Dolby Atmos... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/esmori, Jan 3, 2020.

1. /u/esmori
    /u/esmori Guest

Seems to have started to happen with the latest changes that Microsoft did with the Dolby Atmos setup.

Every content I try to play that is Dolby Atmos enabled on Netflix (has the label), it crashes the app and goes back to the dashboard.

Anyone happen to suffer this issue? Any suggestions?

submitted by /u/esmori
    [link] [comments]

/u/esmori, Jan 3, 2020
  2. RomiDumitru Win User

Dolby Atmos on Xbox One X = issue !

Hi Napalm

Because my tv set Samsung is not so new and doesn't decode Dolby Atmos that is the reason for which I bought the XBOX ONE X to install the Netflix app in Xbox and to take out the Dolby Atmos from Xbox in Onkyo amplituner.

Now, when I open the Netflix app on Xbox I can see which movie has or not the sound in Dolby Atmos. This feature can't see directly on Netflix app on Samsung because tv set Samsung is an old version and doesn't have eARC.

Now, like I said ALL the GAMES and ALL the movie (Netflix) played on XBOX are in Dolby Atmos , no matter that they are or not in that sound format. THIS IS THE "PROBLEM".

Thanks

Romeo
  3. silwenae99 Win User

BUG: With Dolby Atmos activated, all apps used Fallback to PCM 2.0

I can confirm this bug with the Dolby Atmos app.

My setup: Denon X4200W receiver with Xbox One S.

Atmos works fine in the Dolby Atmos app, Blu-Ray and Netflix (the movie Okja is the only Atmos movie on Netflix). All other Netflix videos and Xbox apps default back to 2.0 down mix as posted above.
  4. RomiDumitru Win User

Dolby Atmos audio from Xbox One is delayed

Hi

I have the same problem like you. I have an Xbox One X connected through HDMI cable to an Onkyo amplituner 7.1 which is capable to decode Dolby Atmos & DTS X.

I have installed Dolby app on my Xbox to get Dolby atmos sound and the result was that I have on all the games no matter if these are with sound in Dolby Atmos or not only in Dolby Atmos.

Is very strange to get that. I have supposed that when I buy a game with sound in Dolby Digital 5.1 to have Dolby Digital 5.1 and when I buy games in Dolby Atmos to get Dolby Atmos in my amplituner Onkyo.

The same problem I have with all the movies from Netflix. I installed the Netflix app on my Xbox One X and now all the movies I see have sound in Dolby Atmos, even if in the name of the movie on Netflix it is said the sound is recorded only in Dolby Digital

What to do in that situation ?......I have tried every settings on my Xbox without any result.......When I put settings on output sound in Xbox everything I played is all in Atmos.

Like you said: "We don't need everything to be upscaled to Atmos, we just want Atmos to work on stuff that is Atmos as it should!"

Thanks in advance for everybody give me every piece of advice

Romeo.
  5. napalm 31337 Win User

Dolby Atmos on Xbox One X = issue !

Hi RomiDumitru,

*maybe* this "problem" is exactly how the Dolby Atmos App on Xbox One X works.

Dolby Atmos native content? perfect! Dolby Atmos playback.

No Dolby Atmos? the App upmix current audio track to Dolby Atmos (the headphones features works in this way).

I don't know if is intentional.
  6. NeedABeer2Play Win User

Atmos only outputs Multichannel

So after following up with the Dolby Access support team, apparently games aren't supported on home theater, only on headphones:

"Unfortunately, Games encoded with Dolby Atmos audio are not compatible with Dolby Atmos for Home Theater, as they are specifically configured for Dolby Atmos for Headphones. If the content you are experiencing is not compatible with the app you are
    using, then audio will cease, or will simply output as regular stereo output.

To clarify, Dolby Atmos for Home Theater is included at no charge with any Dolby Atmos supported hardware, such as a receiver or Xbox One X, and is used to activate Dolby Atmos features via HDMI connection for a Dolby Atmos certified AVR, soundbar,
    or TV."

"Unfortunately, the version of Dolby Atmos included with your Xbox is Dolby Atmos for Home Theater, which is not compliant with any gaming content."

It kind of strikes me as hard to believe, or that this won't be addressed, but that's what they're saying for now. That said, it still isn't working for me for Netflix content either, so I'm going continue troubleshooting with them and see what's doable
    and what's not. Fingers crossed.
Thema:

1. Netflix app crashing when playing Dolby Atmos content - Similar Threads - Netflix app crashing

2. Netflix app crash, Store launch only works

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Netflix app crash, Store launch only works: When I lauch the only app the Netflix on Xbox One S home screen Netflix won't open and lose a signal. But, when I open the app from the store it works fine. I have tried uninstalling the Netflix...
  3. Dolby ATMOS Crash issue with Netflix app. Specific to 4K + ATMOS badges titles when in...

in XboX Insiders
    Dolby ATMOS Crash issue with Netflix app. Specific to 4K + ATMOS badges titles when in...: Dolby Atmos Netflix Crash Issue So this has happened a lot on the Netflix app if you use Dolby atmos. Sometimes it works but 90% of the time it doesn’t. If you look for a Netflix title that has...
  4. Netflix issue vids not loading and crashing app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Netflix issue vids not loading and crashing app: Has any one else been getting cant play video and loading stops at 20% and even the app crashing? I'm on xbox one s alpha skip ahead program on a vizio 4k uhd dolby vision hdr10 tv...
  5. Xbox one crashes when trying to watch movies on the Film & TV app or Netflix

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox one crashes when trying to watch movies on the Film & TV app or Netflix: I hope someone can help, but basically the issue is on both apps and probably others too.. Whenever I try to launch Netflix on my xbox it loads for approximately 10 seconds and then begins a...
  6. XBox One X crashes/loses video signal upon launch of Netflix app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBox One X crashes/loses video signal upon launch of Netflix app: A few months ago my Xbox One X started having an issue launching the Netflix app. Upon launch is brings up the Netflix name screen, then goes black then my tv loses signal from the Xbox. I have to...
  7. Netflix App Crashing Xbox One Video Output

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Netflix App Crashing Xbox One Video Output: Scenario: 1. Select Neflix 2. Black screen with red Netflix letters appear. 3. ALL video ceases from the Xbox One X console and I'm forced to restart the console. Solutions tried: 1. Soft...
  8. Netflix app crashing Xbox 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Netflix app crashing Xbox 360: Hi, I have started the xbox today (December 23rd 2018) and Netflix. It prompted me to install an update. I did. Now launching the app brings a black screen and crashes/freezes the console....
  9. XB1: Netflix App Broken/Crashes When Attempting To Launch

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XB1: Netflix App Broken/Crashes When Attempting To Launch: Hi. Ever since the March update I've been unable to use Netflix on my Xbox One. I click on the tile and then it just dumps me back to the home screen, after about 10 seconds of displaying the...
  10. Netflix App Crashing...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Netflix App Crashing...: Seems to be a problem on my brother's Xbox. The Netflix app keeps on crashing when he starts it up -- can't even get to the app's main menu since it takes him back to the dashboard. Have there...