Netflix App Crashing Xbox One Video Output

Discus and support Netflix App Crashing Xbox One Video Output in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Scenario: 1. Select Neflix 2. Black screen with red Netflix letters appear. 3. ALL video ceases from the Xbox One X console and I'm forced to... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by JDWildcat2003, Apr 11, 2019.

1. Netflix App Crashing Xbox One Video Output

Scenario:

1. Select Neflix

2. Black screen with red Netflix letters appear.

3. ALL video ceases from the Xbox One X console and I'm forced to restart the console.

Solutions tried:

1. Soft restart.

2. Console restart

3. Power Cycle (including 30 second wait to clear cache)

4. Uninstall/Reinstall Netflix App

All other apps and games work fine. Amazon Prime, Youtube, Games etc.

Multiple Xboxs in home - Netflix works on the others.

Xbox is connected to a Pioneer receiver via HDMI cable for output to TV. Receiver indicates video signal is lost from the source.

:)

JDWildcat2003, Apr 11, 2019
  2. DerVaddi Win User

3. XBF Chris J Win User

Hello JD,

Thank you for posting here on the Xbox forums. Have you tested out the Xbox while its plugged directly into the TV instead of through the Pioneer receiver? You can also try setting up a different Xbox through the receiver to see if you can recreate the issue
    on a different device.

Test this out and let us know the results.
  4. ShinyMcBrah Win User

Surround Sound issues using XBOX ONE (games work in 5.1, apps only in stereo)

First off, I love my Xbox One. I'm a Day One owner. But I'm having similar sound issues using the optical out.

My Netflix app won't output surround sound correctly. All my games output surround flawlessly and have since day one. Also, last weekend I installed the Amazon Instant Video app and the surround sound works flawlessly with 5.1 programs in that app. So it
    appears to be a problem with the Netflix app itself.

My sound is outputting through the optical out to my Marantz AVR. My usual audio setting on the Xbox One is set to Optical >> Bitstream out >> DTS Digital Surround. Using this setting, I get only the left/right channels in Netflix—no center channel or surround
    at all. If I change the setting to Optical >> Stereo Uncompressed, I get only the center channel and no left/right channels in Netflix—and still no surround at all.

I've seen a few other people with this problem, but no solutions. Any ideas? (I've tried hard-resetting my Xbox, etc.) Like I said, my games and the Amazon Instant Video app all output 5.1 sound perfectly. But not Netflix.

Thanks in advance for any assistance!
  5. Watch7ower Win User

I need help/ advice with sound issues on xbox one.

As far as I can remember, Netflix on Xbox 360 had the option to change sound output (stereo or surround) once you had begun playing a video that supported both? Pick a recent movie to test this with; play it and then bring up the controls for subtitles,
    etc and check if there is the option to switch sound output.

It may or may not be the same for the other apps you're having this problem with.
  6. napalm37 Win User

Dolby Vision from 4K Bluray not being passed, but Dolby vision works with other apps.

Yes I have been all through the document, I think the issue is with the bluray app as the the netflix app on the Xbox output dolbyvision without issue.
Thema:

1. Netflix App Crashing Xbox One Video Output - Similar Threads - Netflix App Crashing

2. Netflix app crash, Store launch only works

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Netflix app crash, Store launch only works: When I lauch the only app the Netflix on Xbox One S home screen Netflix won't open and lose a signal. But, when I open the app from the store it works fine. I have tried uninstalling the Netflix...
  3. Dolby ATMOS Crash issue with Netflix app. Specific to 4K + ATMOS badges titles when in...

in XboX Insiders
    Dolby ATMOS Crash issue with Netflix app. Specific to 4K + ATMOS badges titles when in...: Dolby Atmos Netflix Crash Issue So this has happened a lot on the Netflix app if you use Dolby atmos. Sometimes it works but 90% of the time it doesn’t. If you look for a Netflix title that has...
  4. Netflix app crashing when playing Dolby Atmos content

in XboX Insiders
    Netflix app crashing when playing Dolby Atmos content: Seems to have started to happen with the latest changes that Microsoft did with the Dolby Atmos setup. Every content I try to play that is Dolby Atmos enabled on Netflix (has the label), it...
  5. Netflix issue vids not loading and crashing app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Netflix issue vids not loading and crashing app: Has any one else been getting cant play video and loading stops at 20% and even the app crashing? I'm on xbox one s alpha skip ahead program on a vizio 4k uhd dolby vision hdr10 tv...
  6. Xbox one crashes when trying to watch movies on the Film & TV app or Netflix

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox one crashes when trying to watch movies on the Film & TV app or Netflix: I hope someone can help, but basically the issue is on both apps and probably others too.. Whenever I try to launch Netflix on my xbox it loads for approximately 10 seconds and then begins a...
  7. XBox One X crashes/loses video signal upon launch of Netflix app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBox One X crashes/loses video signal upon launch of Netflix app: A few months ago my Xbox One X started having an issue launching the Netflix app. Upon launch is brings up the Netflix name screen, then goes black then my tv loses signal from the Xbox. I have to...
  8. Netflix app crashing Xbox 360

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Netflix app crashing Xbox 360: Hi, I have started the xbox today (December 23rd 2018) and Netflix. It prompted me to install an update. I did. Now launching the app brings a black screen and crashes/freezes the console....
  9. XB1: Netflix App Broken/Crashes When Attempting To Launch

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XB1: Netflix App Broken/Crashes When Attempting To Launch: Hi. Ever since the March update I've been unable to use Netflix on my Xbox One. I click on the tile and then it just dumps me back to the home screen, after about 10 seconds of displaying the...
  10. Netflix App Crashing...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Netflix App Crashing...: Seems to be a problem on my brother's Xbox. The Netflix app keeps on crashing when he starts it up -- can't even get to the app's main menu since it takes him back to the dashboard. Have there...