Netflix ignores global system kinect settings

Discus and support Netflix ignores global system kinect settings in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Someone PLEASE figure out how to turn off Netflix voice recognition through Kinect. Seriously. My System Settings->Kinect Settings->Speech Regonition... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by jenleis, Mar 17, 2014.

1. jenleis
    jenleis Guest

Someone PLEASE figure out how to turn off Netflix voice recognition through Kinect. Seriously. My System Settings->Kinect Settings->Speech Regonition is GLOBALLY SET TO OFF. There is no reason why Netflix should be able to access my Kinect and respond to
    the voices coming out of my speakers and randomly start fast forwarding/rewinding without my consent.

Searched this problem and it turns out the ONLY WAY TO FIX IT is to UNPLUG THE KINECT.

Are you serious? If my settings say "hey, don't use this part of the hardware", NO APP should be able to work AROUND my user settings and have permission to access features that I've turned off. It seems like a huge privacy oversight.

:)

jenleis, Mar 17, 2014
  2. jenleis
    jenleis Guest
    Kinect: Apps ignore global kinect system settings

Someone PLEASE figure out how to turn off Netflix voice recognition through Kinect. Seriously. My System Settings->Kinect Settings->Speech Regonition is GLOBALLY SET TO OFF. There is no reason why Netflix should be able to access my Kinect and respond
    to the voices coming out of my speakers and randomly start fast forwarding/rewinding without my consent.

Searched this problem and it turns out the ONLY WAY TO FIX IT is to UNPLUG THE KINECT.

Are you serious? If my settings say "hey, don't use this part of the hardware",
    NO APP should be able to work AROUND my user settings and have permission to access features that I've turned off.
    This seems like a HUGE security/privacy issue.

jenleis, Mar 17, 2014
  3. OG Pooh
    OG Pooh Guest
    Xbox 360 steering wheels

[quote user="ThriLL KapsuLE"]

Microsoft does not care about your peripheral gaming needs because the 360 is not a game system anymore, it's an entertainment system. Quality devices such as steering wheels and arcade quality joysticks
    and buttons are no longer on the official MS radar, only KINECT! KINECT! KINECT! and KINECT!!

[/quote]

I couldn't have said it better myself.

Along with Kinect, Kinect, Kinect, you need to add Netflix, Netflix, Netflix; Facebook, Facebook, Facebook; Hulu, Hulu, Hulu, etc, etc, etc. MS is the game console manufacturer who's sight is focused the least on gaming.

OG Pooh, Mar 17, 2014
  4. OG Pooh Win User

Xbox 360 steering wheels

[quote user="ThriLL KapsuLE"]

Microsoft does not care about your peripheral gaming needs because the 360 is not a game system anymore, it's an entertainment system. Quality devices such as steering wheels and arcade quality joysticks
    and buttons are no longer on the official MS radar, only KINECT! KINECT! KINECT! and KINECT!!

[/quote]

I couldn't have said it better myself.

Along with Kinect, Kinect, Kinect, you need to add Netflix, Netflix, Netflix; Facebook, Facebook, Facebook; Hulu, Hulu, Hulu, etc, etc, etc. MS is the game console manufacturer who's sight is focused the least on gaming.
  5. Upinya Slayin Win User

ignorant kinect

i think it might be broken. do the 3 red lights come on?
  6. KTINTZ Win User

ignorant kinect

All the lights were on. My accent isn't strong at all. Although it would turn on by voice but nothing else. Held my finger on the button until it powered down. Started it back up and is fine now.

Thanks everyone
  7. Dynamic Sausage Win User

ignorant kinect

Do you have a strong accent? I presume you already have but try speaking a bit clearer and raise your voice
  8. PorQ 201 Win User

ignorant kinect

It happens to me sometimes. Just take a break and keep trying.
Thema:

1. Netflix ignores global system kinect settings - Similar Threads - Netflix ignores global

2. Netflix application not works

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Netflix application not works: Hello, In recent weeks, when I launch the Netflix application, the application loads for several minutes before having the error code...
  3. Netflix not working because I'm banned?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Netflix not working because I'm banned?: Hi all i have recently banned because of some stupid behaviour of mine. However i have a question. On the day after i got banned my netflix was working fine but now all of a sudden its not working...
  4. Netflix STILL doesn't handle HDR properly. Details inside, spoke w/ Netflix support.

in XboX Insiders
    Netflix STILL doesn't handle HDR properly. Details inside, spoke w/ Netflix support.: Long-running issue with the Netflix app on xbox making it pretty unusable if you're using HDR. Basically if you have HDR enabled on the xbox, the entirety of the Netflix library plays with HDR on...
  5. Bug on Netflix and maybe other streaming apps

in XboX Insiders
    Bug on Netflix and maybe other streaming apps: Yesterday I was watching Netflix and saw that every 3-5 minutes the screen reduce the light like when you are not using the Xbox Have anyone else this issue? submitted by /u/LAMBORGHINI_GOK...
  6. Xboxone not responding to access Netflix.......

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xboxone not responding to access Netflix.......: Hi, HELP PLEASE - cat sitting at my son's house. TV access through xboxone with Epsom Projector. Son left instructions to access netflix but nothing is happening when xbox switched on. Stranger...
  7. Netflix won't work after streaming.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Netflix won't work after streaming.: I am a Mixer steamer and if I try to watch Netflix via console after stream is over it won't work. I have HDMI have directly to TV not through capture card (already switched it), I have rebooted...
  8. xbox one connects to router, but wont allow internet access (netflix shows stop at 25% buffer)

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox one connects to router, but wont allow internet access (netflix shows stop at 25% buffer): Hi all, this only started 2 days ago, cannot explain why. We have not changed any settings. Netflix shows stop buffering at 25%, games will not load. Cannot connect to Xbox live. I connect...
  9. Hulu and Netflix Constantly Crash

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hulu and Netflix Constantly Crash: Hey do any of you guys have the issue where Netflix and Hulu will constantly crash or not open. I've reinstalled the apps multiple times, and i have to hard reset a dozen times some times to get...
  10. Netflix & Screen time limits

in XBoX on Consoles
    Netflix & Screen time limits: Hi was wondering if its possible to set screen time limits on Netflix /YouTube on the xbox one S. I have screen time set up o. My sons console but it doesn't seem to affect apps such as Netflix...