Netflix STILL doesn't handle HDR properly. Details inside, spoke w/ Netflix support.

Discus and support Netflix STILL doesn't handle HDR properly. Details inside, spoke w/ Netflix support. in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Long-running issue with the Netflix app on xbox making it pretty unusable if you're using HDR. Basically if you have HDR enabled on the xbox, the... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/WhyHelloFellowKids, Sep 27, 2019.

1. Netflix STILL doesn't handle HDR properly. Details inside, spoke w/ Netflix support.

Long-running issue with the Netflix app on xbox making it pretty unusable if you're using HDR. Basically if you have HDR enabled on the xbox, the entirety of the Netflix library plays with HDR on even if the content doesn't support it. This creates a gray, dull and washed-out image quality.

I spoke with Netflix support a few months back about this and troubleshot for an hour or so only for them to eventually send me to a software team member. This person then told me the Netflix app is designed to output at whatever the Xbox is set to. I've tried numerous times to complain/fix this with them - they don't care at all.

Maybe someone at MS could poke them? Would love to not have to disable HDR every time I use Netflix.

No other issues with video apps.

Thanks!

submitted by /u/WhyHelloFellowKids
    [link] [comments]

/u/WhyHelloFellowKids, Sep 27, 2019
Thema:

Netflix STILL doesn't handle HDR properly. Details inside, spoke w/ Netflix support.

1. Netflix STILL doesn't handle HDR properly. Details inside, spoke w/ Netflix support. - Similar Threads - Netflix STILL doesn't

2. error code 8015000A I did everything correct & still can't watch netflix on my xbox 360 when ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    error code 8015000A I did everything correct & still can't watch netflix on my xbox 360 when ...: So i cleared the cache, deleted everything now I can't even add netflix on it now. 2219ac4b-8453-4828-95ee-c975b418ec08
  3. Netflix App STILL BROKEN on Xbox One - HDR Problems

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Netflix App STILL BROKEN on Xbox One - HDR Problems: Xbox STILL doesn't work properly on Xbox One (X in my case) - HDR is on 100% of the time regardless of what's being viewed. It's absolutely this app and this app only. All other games/apps work...
  4. It's March 2018 and the Netflix app on Xbox One (X) is STILL forcing HDR. What Gives?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    It's March 2018 and the Netflix app on Xbox One (X) is STILL forcing HDR. What Gives?: Have been having a major issue with my X (and specifically Netflix) like many others and it's STILL not fixed. Let me first give an equipment overview: 1) Xbox One X - Killer console and...
  5. Netflix achievements still don't work.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Netflix achievements still don't work.: I have reinstalled the app, turn do you achievement tracker on and off, I even did a hard reset on the Xbox one unit itself and my Xbox one will still not do the achievements for Netflix. Why...
  6. Netflix voice commands STILL DON'T WORK

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Netflix voice commands STILL DON'T WORK: I have been struggling with selecting my netflix profile with voice commands for months now and it's getting old. It use to work just fine with "profile one" but for the last few months it hasn't...
  7. Still no voice commands with Netflix!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Still no voice commands with Netflix!: I have posted this before. I have been without voice commands for Netflix for several months. To some its no big deal. HOWEVER! I'm a Quadriplegic which means I have zero hand control. So I HAVE...
  8. Last seen Episode from series lost when shutting down xbox with Netflix still running

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Last seen Episode from series lost when shutting down xbox with Netflix still running: I've noticed that if I shutdown the xbox with Netflix open, even if it is only on the browser, it always lose the last seen episode information. Meaning that last eps that I just finished...
  9. The XboxOne S is still dimming and going dark when watching Netflix and Movies

in XBoX on Consoles
    The XboxOne S is still dimming and going dark when watching Netflix and Movies: When watching any type of movie, navigating, or watching Netflix(worst) the screen goes dark and I am unable to find anything to fix it. I have seen that there was supposed to be fixed, however,...
  10. HDCP Handshake Problem - Blank screen (no signal) when playing Blu-rays/Netflix Audio still ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    HDCP Handshake Problem - Blank screen (no signal) when playing Blu-rays/Netflix Audio still ...: I power on fine and can see the main menu except when HDCP needs to happen, my TV turns black. I cannot watch blu-rays or launch Netflix. Video is blank but sound remains. Hulu works, Live TV...