Netflix Streaming Issues

Discus and support Netflix Streaming Issues in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have an XBox One, and I'm attempting to play Netflix but I'm having troubles. My download speed is 50 MB/s download, 10 MB/s upload. No matter what... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by FourWhisper3899, Feb 13, 2014.

1. Netflix Streaming Issues

I have an XBox One, and I'm attempting to play Netflix but I'm having troubles. My download speed is 50 MB/s download, 10 MB/s upload. No matter what the content is grainy, I can literally see little squares around some of the shapes. EXTREMELY LOW resolution
    at playback. Sometimes it does actually stream a nice clean HQ image but that is extremely rare. No matter what, it lags. I get the little loading circle every 3 minutes or so, grainy or not.

If I play Amazon Video, I don't have this problem. It comes in at HD quality, almost totally free of lag. It might lag once or twice out of a two hour movie, but it shouldn't considering my internet speed. Lastly, if I play a movie over X Box video, it
    comes in very clean, no lag.

Finally, I prefer VUDU movies. It takes forever to "authenticate." Literally, I let it run for a day, never finished loading. I'm thinking Microsoft is handicapping the competitors video rental app to force users to their own. Not cool, let customers
    make their own choice. If/when VUDU does load, the interface is terrible. I have a PS3, and will actually shut down my X Box One to watch videos over VUDU on the PS3. Its no point in promoting an "open" app universe when you're going to hobble the competition.
    X Box Video has a decent layout, and I would've tried it anyway, regardless of whether or not VUDU worked. But I just don't like it because I feel like I'm being forced to use it. I also don't like that its more expensive than VUDU.

Just so you know, I only have a single laptop and cell phone. Neither is pulling down that much bandwith at any given moment to cause video playback to lag... and even if it were, my internet performance prioritizes media streaming, so it would give higher
    priority to Netflix than a Facebook status update coming into my phone.

If I might add here, because its all video related issues... the OneGuide is terrible. For some reason it defaults to the HD channels, which I'm not subscribed to, and it doesn't pull in all the channels--anything less than channel 100.

:)

FourWhisper3899, Feb 13, 2014
  2. JasonPOV
    JasonPOV Guest
    Netflix Streaming Quality Issues

One interesting tidbit - the one way I can see an HD feed is by using my VPN router behind my regular router - that changes my IP. Is it possible that Netflix is preventing HD feeds to Time Warner customers?

JasonPOV, Feb 13, 2014
  3. JasonPOV
    JasonPOV Guest
    Netflix Streaming Quality Issues

I've been running videos with the debugger and I'm getting max 720x480 resolution. I am watching videos that should be HD, like Parenthood. I have 30megs down and 5 up. I've run the connection test and everything is green. I've deleted the cache and reinstalled
    the app. Any ideas? I believe this is a Netflix CDN issue but would like confirmation.

JasonPOV, Feb 13, 2014
  4. Raolo Tomasi
    Raolo Tomasi Guest

Netflix Streaming Issues

Hey FourWhisper:

The Netflix streaming issue has been a well-documented problem on this site and others since early December -- a problem for which Microsoft has offered zero response on.

Below is a link to a post on this problem I started in mid-December at this very fourm. It has responses with a few solutions that have worked for some. None have worked for me. Good luck.

forums.xbox.com/.../1644737.aspx

Raolo Tomasi, Feb 14, 2014
  5. ScubaCrush Win User

Problems with Netflix on Xbox One

I was having the same problem and decided to drop my streaming netflix. Has this issue been resolved? Will I be able to stream Netflix if I pay for it?
  6. Randy Steveson Win User

Netflix confuses me for someone else on used Xbox

All of that content is streamed into the xbox from Netflix. This is an issue you're going to have to talk to netflix about.
  7. Raolo Tomasi Win User

Netflix Streaming Issues

Hey FourWhisper:

The Netflix streaming issue has been a well-documented problem on this site and others since early December -- a problem for which Microsoft has offered zero response on.

Below is a link to a post on this problem I started in mid-December at this very fourm. It has responses with a few solutions that have worked for some. None have worked for me. Good luck.

forums.xbox.com/.../1644737.aspx
  8. DSaddy Win User

Netflix issues

Q: Can you go to the NetFlix website and stream from there?

If yes then you might have a legitimate issue, otherwise your issue is with Netflix.
  9. Miss Kleo Win User

Netflix problems, connectivity problems, all the above?

Hey there ChubbierGibbon6! Sorry to hear about the streaming issues, I know I'd have a rough time without Netflix! To be clear, are the other apps you've attempted to use also streaming apps such as Crackle, YouTube or HBOGO? And they have no issues streaming?

To troubleshoot, would you be able to try a wired connection to your modem just to confirm that there isn't a setting preventing only Netflix from streaming properly?

Also, is this the account you're currently trying to use Netflix with? As it looks like you do have a Silver account. If you're using another account or you're on a free trail definitely let me know!
Thema:

Netflix Streaming Issues

1. Netflix Streaming Issues - Similar Threads - Netflix Streaming Issues

2. Bug on Netflix and maybe other streaming apps

in XboX Insiders
    Bug on Netflix and maybe other streaming apps: Yesterday I was watching Netflix and saw that every 3-5 minutes the screen reduce the light like when you are not using the Xbox Have anyone else this issue? submitted by /u/LAMBORGHINI_GOK...
  3. Netflix won't work after streaming.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Netflix won't work after streaming.: I am a Mixer steamer and if I try to watch Netflix via console after stream is over it won't work. I have HDMI have directly to TV not through capture card (already switched it), I have rebooted...
  4. Prime Video and Netflix not streaming

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Prime Video and Netflix not streaming: From past one week, both Netflix and Prime video are not streaming on my xbox one. I am able to login to both the apps but when i click on play..they load for a second and issue a problem The...
  5. Streaming Amazon and Netflix issues?! Someone help!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Streaming Amazon and Netflix issues?! Someone help!: Ive been streaming content on my xbox 360 for years now. And starting a few weeks ago i started having issues when i was playing shows or movies. They would stop and say cannot play video at this...
  6. Netflix app streaming issue

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Netflix app streaming issue: So up until 3 or 4 days ago i was using my windows 10 laptop to watch netflix on the xbox apps streaming feature. I tried to watch netflix again through the xbox streaming feature so i can watch...
  7. Xbox app Netflix streaming issue.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox app Netflix streaming issue.: So up until 3 or 4 days ago i was using my windows 10 laptop to watch netflix on the xbox apps streaming feature. I tried to watch netflix again through the xbox streaming feature so i can watch...
  8. XBOX ONE Streaming Issues for Netflix & Amazon Prime (but not on XBOX 360)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBOX ONE Streaming Issues for Netflix & Amazon Prime (but not on XBOX 360): Hello Forum. I've Googled and search this issue, found lots of people with the same issue but couldn't find 1 resolution to it! I recently bought and XBOX ONE. Both Netflix and Amazon Prime are...
  9. Possible Fix for the Netflix Streaming Issues

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Possible Fix for the Netflix Streaming Issues: Like many others here, I was having problems with the Netflix app on the Xbox One. It was basically unwatchable. I moved my modem and started using a wired connection, as opposed to wireless, but...
  10. Streaming issue - Netflix, Youtube, even commercials

in XBoX on Consoles
    Streaming issue - Netflix, Youtube, even commercials: Ever since I got my Xbox One (Day One), it's been freezing and powering down every 30% of the time I watch a streaming video service, even if it's just a commercial from the home page. If it...