Netgear: My xbox connects to wifi but not ethernet until router is restarted

Discus and support Netgear: My xbox connects to wifi but not ethernet until router is restarted in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; Netgear (Modems/Gateways): My xbox connects to wifi but not ethernet until router is restarted My xbox can connect to a wifi signal but our router is... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by TREX 017, Mar 23, 2017.

1. TREX 017
    TREX 017 Guest

Netgear (Modems/Gateways): My xbox connects to wifi but not ethernet until router is restarted
    My xbox can connect to a wifi signal but our router is to far away to get a decent signal. We have ethernet ports in walls around our house and every time I plug an ethernet cord into my xbox I immediately lose all connection until I restart my router. I've
    gone through the troubleshooting but it still makes me restart everything to connect via cord. When this happens any device connected by ethernet cable lose connection too but the wifi still works. Like I said the toubleshooting tells me to just unplug my
    router/modem and plug it back in but it seems like I shouldn't have to do that every time. Any help/suggestions would be appreciated, Thanks!

:)

TREX 017, Mar 23, 2017
  2. kujo13eab
    kujo13eab Guest
    Netgear Netgear HR314: Ethernet doesn’t work but WiFi will

Netgear (Routers) Netgear HR314: Ethernet doesn’t work but WiFi will
    I have opened ports on the combo modem/router that is provided by my crappy DSL internet provider Frontier. If we connect the Xbox one via Ethernet cable then after about 20 minutes it’s kicks Xbox one offline and internet quits on router. If use it via
    WiFi, works a little better. Doesn’t usually kick him off but speeds are worse yet. Suggestions other than just use WiFi? The router modem we use is Netgear ADSL2

kujo13eab, Mar 23, 2017
  3. Silen7
    Silen7 Guest
    How to Connect Internet Cable directly to Xbox 360

Hi everybody.

So recently I've been experiencing a lot of lag on CoD, i.e, whenever I join a game I get 2-bar and 3-bar connections. So I decided to search for some solutions. I read somewhere that I can fix this problem by directly connecting my Xbox to the router using an Ethernet cable. Now the problem arises as I do not possess an Ethernet cable.
    Currently, I have a cable through which Internet is supplied (It's a Fibrenet connection, which uses Optical Fibres for transmitting the Internet) and this cable is connected to a router which provides me WiFi.
    I was wondering if I can connect my Internet Cable directly to the Xbox 360 without Ethernet cables.
    (The cable looks exactly like an Ethernet cable so it can fit into the Ethernet jack of the Xbox, so that problem is covered.)

EDIT : I connected the Internet Cable to the Xbox but when I tested connection, It does not connect to Internet. Help

Silen7, Mar 23, 2017
  4. Warhawk-FC64623E-2B1 Win User

Randomly Getting Disconnected from Xbox Live

Let me guess, you are connected to WiFi.... The problem with wifi is that there will always be an interference with the connection. As a result, you will disconnect from Xbox live. The only way to solve this issue is to use an ethernet cable. This will guarantee
    that you will not disconnect from xbox live. I know this for a fact because Everyone who has this issue are those who uses wifi to connect to xbox live. I strongly suggest using a ethernet cable because you will not disconnect. P.S: AVOID NETGEAR!! LoL, Worst
    WiFi router ever!
  5. Cloud Gear 13 Win User

Problems with Internet on my xbox one

I what mean is connect an ethernet cable from the router to the xbox one to make a stable connection and then test it out if doesn't work I suggest restart the main router and then test the wifi or the cable connection again.
  6. ArminatorX Win User

: Xbox to PC game streaming and router

Your router is capable of up to 300Mbit/s via WiFi in the N standard.

However, due to the router being "only" a 2.4GHz WiFi, surrounding 2.4GHz wireless devices can impair your WiFi performance.

Even with an AC enabled router, you might not get the necessary performance if you have a lot of WiFi devices, unless it's a

MuMiMo
    capable WiFi Accesspoint.

So if possible, try to connect your console and PC to your router via ethernet cable.

If it has to be a Netgear, check the
    Netgear MuMiMo page
    for some recommended MuMiMo capable routers.
  7. Erickr1991 Win User

Getting kick from Xbox live

I have wireless. My router is a Motorola with xfinity internet. That I have connected thru a netgear for wifi
  8. STUPID LION Win User

Having trouble connecting wirelessly to live

Hi Supermann3324! I had the same problem once.I couldnt connect my Xbox thru my WiFi,but it would connect when I used the ethernet cable.What I did was uninstall my Wifi router reinstalled,set a password and I was able to connect my Xbox thru my WiFi router
    after that.hope this helps! Happy gaming!!
Thema:

1. Netgear: My xbox connects to wifi but not ethernet until router is restarted - Similar Threads - Netgear connects wifi

2. Netgear DGND3700: Xbox One not connecting wireless, yet connecting wired.

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Netgear DGND3700: Xbox One not connecting wireless, yet connecting wired.: Netgear DGND3700: Xbox One not connecting wireless, yet connecting wired. You may want to try clearing the MAC address. To do that just go to your network settings, click advanced network...
  3. : My XBox can't connect to Netgear Orbi WIFI

: My XBox can't connect to Netgear Orbi WIFI: : My XBox can't connect to Netgear Orbi WIFI Hi Sluzze, Thanks for keeping us updated with your replies. Sorry to hear you're still experiencing the same issue. Since you received the error...
  4. Netgear: Can't connect to wireless router or open network settings on Xbox to connect.

Netgear: Can't connect to wireless router or open network settings on Xbox to connect.: Netgear (Modems/Gateways): Can't connect to wireless router or open network settings on Xbox to connect. Also take a look at this one if the first link does not help: Xbox Live Wireless Network...
  5. Netgear: Netgear 6110 extender doesn't connect to Multiplayer on Xbox one s

Netgear: Netgear 6110 extender doesn't connect to Multiplayer on Xbox one s: Netgear (Modems/Gateways): Netgear 6110 extender doesn't connect to Multiplayer on Xbox one s Hi , The extender is pretty basic. Plug it into the power and turn it on essentially.. I have set a...
  6. Netgear Netgear R7000: Ethernet connection

Netgear Netgear R7000: Ethernet connection: Netgear (Routers) Netgear R7000: Ethernet connection Tried everything sent it in to repair thanks for the reply 3885a159-ae0a-46d0-ad3f-9e608b566c93
  7. Netgear Netgear DGN1000/DGN1000SP: Microsoft store says check your connection looks your ...

Netgear Netgear DGN1000/DGN1000SP: Microsoft store says check your connection looks your ...: Netgear (Modems/Gateways) Netgear DGN1000/DGN1000SP: Microsoft store says check your connection looks your offline microsoft store needs comnection Hello Rfbgdgg! Thank you very much for bringing...
  8. Netgear Netgear DGN2200: Xbox one can not connect to wifi network

Netgear Netgear DGN2200: Xbox one can not connect to wifi network: Netgear (Modems/Gateways) Netgear DGN2200: Xbox one can not connect to wifi network This may help with your issue. Xbox One Network Connection Help | Troubleshoot Xbox Live Connection...
  9. Netgear: Failed to connect to XBOX live but have full wifi signal

Netgear: Failed to connect to XBOX live but have full wifi signal: Netgear (Routers): Failed to connect to XBOX live but have full wifi signal I recently started having problems keeping a connection to XBOX Live on my 360 slim. I have replaced my router with a...
  10. Xbox One wireless internet connection problem with Netgear router

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One wireless internet connection problem with Netgear router: About one week ago my Xbox One stopped "talking" to my wireless router. It will not work even if wired to the router. It did work when I used a mobile hotspot on my phone. There have been no...