Netgear: What is the IP Address that xbox one uses to download updates and from the store?

Discus and support Netgear: What is the IP Address that xbox one uses to download updates and from the store? in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; Netgear (Routers): What is the IP Address that xbox one uses to download updates and from the store? I"m getting the whole "system needs an update..."... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by admiral1701, Dec 15, 2016.

1. admiral1701
    admiral1701 Guest

Netgear: What is the IP Address that xbox one uses to download updates and from the store?

Netgear (Routers): What is the IP Address that xbox one uses to download updates and from the store?
    I"m getting the whole "system needs an update..." thing and it won't do it. Come to find out, it cannot download ANYTHING from MS/xbox.

What is the IP Address or Packet Filter that MS is using to connect to it's download servers? I can watch the traffic on my firewall, but I don't even see anything being denied?!

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

ps. unplugging everything and plugging it all back in and doing a complete system restore is NOT the solution.

:)

admiral1701, Dec 15, 2016
  2. dikkik
    dikkik Guest
    Error 0x8007000e

I found a solution. Since i am located in africa, i have to use a VPN connection so i get a US ip address. after that, i was able to download and update games

dikkik, Dec 15, 2016
  3. CosRush
    CosRush Guest
    Connecting multplie Xbox's to live over same connection

Are you suggesting therefore that I remove the cables from the Sky hub for the 2x consoles and instead plug them into the netgear router, then set the netgear router to have a static IP address and then enter the netgears static IP into the Sky hubs DMZ
    IP address?

CosRush, Dec 15, 2016
  4. CosRush Win User

Connecting multplie Xbox's to live over same connection

Are you suggesting therefore that I remove the cables from the Sky hub for the 2x consoles and instead plug them into the netgear router, then set the netgear router to have a static IP address and then enter the netgears static IP into the Sky hubs DMZ
    IP address?
  5. GMAN990 Win User

Random disconnects from live on 1 of 2 Xbox 360 Slims

Hi,

What version of firmware are you using on the Netgear?

Also turn off your forwarding and DMZ and set your Xbox ip addresses back to auto.

Just use UPnP, xbox ip address auto, no DMZ no forwarding and reboot everything. Let us know about the firmware though
  6. TylerH090 Win User

Problems achieving 'OPEN' NAT on Xbox One with WNDR3700 v.1

Alright I downloaded/updated to the latest firmware (the one you posted) and I am connecting via direct connection (with cat5 cable).

My modem is a Netgear CGD24G... I assume I have to forward the ports to my router as well but I'm not sure what my routers IP address is and if it's going to change next time I connect or what.
  7. GMAN990 Win User

NAT KEEPS CHANGING FROM OPEN TO MODERATE

Hi

Please ensure the Netgear is using the very latest firmware

Ensure the DMZ is turned off on the Netgear and any port forwarding of Xbox live ports

Ensure UPnP is enabled on the router and that the Xbox ip address is set to auto
  8. catigerman72 Win User

Need help using a "bridged" router to connect to Xbox Live

Hello CrystalBlueCook, It may work better if you set a static ip in the XBOX. The DGN 2200 uses 192.168.0.1 as its main ip or gateway. In the XB1 you will need to set this address as you DNS address as well. You can assign any address to the XB1 from
    192.168.0.2 - 192.168.0.255. I believe this will help your issues. I use a newer Netgear and back at launch I was having all sorts of strict nat issues and ever since I set a static address in the One my issues all went away.
Thema:

1. Netgear: What is the IP Address that xbox one uses to download updates and from the store? - Similar Threads - Netgear Address uses

2. Netgear DGN3500: Netgear LB2120 UPnP Unavailable

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Netgear DGN3500: Netgear LB2120 UPnP Unavailable: Netgear DGN3500: Netgear LB2120 UPnP Unavailable I'm a bit confused about what you mean by "this device is linked to an actual router". From the specifications, the LB2120 takes a wired WAN...
  3. Netgear DGND3700: Netgear C3700-N600 Disconnecting from Xbox 360 Live

Netgear DGND3700: Netgear C3700-N600 Disconnecting from Xbox 360 Live: Netgear DGND3700: Netgear C3700-N600 Disconnecting from Xbox 360 Live XBF Leo G, It kicks me off of Xbox 360 Live, NOT the network. I am still connected to the network, but have to reconnect to...
  4. : My XBox can't connect to Netgear Orbi WIFI

: My XBox can't connect to Netgear Orbi WIFI: : My XBox can't connect to Netgear Orbi WIFI Hi Sluzze, Thanks for keeping us updated with your replies. Sorry to hear you're still experiencing the same issue. Since you received the error...
  5. Netgear D7000v2 24/7 Strict Nat

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Netgear D7000v2 24/7 Strict Nat: I have never had an open nat. I've tried numerous thungs .UPNP, Port Forwarding, Static IP, Port Triggering, Updating router and the list extends 99% of the time it says UPNP failed .Other times...
  6. Netgear 6200: Upload speed suddenly slowed

Netgear 6200: Upload speed suddenly slowed: Netgear 6200: Upload speed suddenly slowed This is sounding like a limit sent via the ISP if none of these testers are working Please check your ports on your router/modem and try getting in touch...
  7. Netgear: Can't connect to wireless router or open network settings on Xbox to connect.

Netgear: Can't connect to wireless router or open network settings on Xbox to connect.: Netgear (Modems/Gateways): Can't connect to wireless router or open network settings on Xbox to connect. Also take a look at this one if the first link does not help: Xbox Live Wireless Network...
  8. Netgear Netgear HR314: MAC addresses

Netgear Netgear HR314: MAC addresses: Netgear (Routers) Netgear HR314: MAC addresses all you have to do is go to advanced settings and go to the MAC address catagory and press clear d49a2960-87eb-4117-a5ba-8b10be33d229
  9. Netgear Netgear WNDRMAC: How do filter Mac addresses

Netgear Netgear WNDRMAC: How do filter Mac addresses: Netgear (Routers) Netgear WNDRMAC: How do filter Mac addresses how do I filter Mac addresses?? afae9f88-974a-4289-9185-05ee7d3734dd
  10. Netgear Netgear WNR1000: How do I check if the router is filtering out MAC address

Netgear Netgear WNR1000: How do I check if the router is filtering out MAC address: Netgear (Routers) Netgear WNR1000: How do I check if the router is filtering out MAC address how did you do it because I’m having some issues it isn’t connecting my controller to my WiFi...