Network card broken???

Discus and support Network card broken??? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So, I bought a new pc which is able to run games such as COD and RDR2. I have had this computer for about 2 weeks now and it was fine up until... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Alex Benz, Sep 17, 2022.

1. Alex Benz
    Alex Benz Guest

Network card broken???

So, I bought a new pc which is able to run games such as COD and RDR2. I have had this computer for about 2 weeks now and it was fine up until yesterday. I realised that whilst I was playing I would get huge lag spikes and my game would stutter and when it stopped lagging I would just be dead. I knew this was something to do with WI-FI/Network and so I checked task manager.(The games had been running fine with no lag when I got my new pc) See, before my network performance was receiving 50mbps and sending 30mbps which was fine however this time it was constantly changing from 0kbps-16kbps. So I was getting either no packets or I was getting 16kilobytes worth which is nothing. I have reset drivers, taken out the network card, done commands but nothing has helped. I was wondering if someone had any other ideas? Even though it says I was getting 0 kbps I could still talk on discord and watch youtube, It was almost as if it was only on games. In fact it says 0kbps right now XD! If anyone has any ideas, please let me know. (Oh and occasionally it will spike to 3.2 mbps for about 1 milisecond and then drop back)

Network card broken??? [​IMG]

:)

Alex Benz, Sep 17, 2022
  2. StrigonOne Win User

Network Card

Okay, I tried a new Ethernet Cat6 cable, tried a different port from my switch, used the ethernet that the PS4 was using and no changes, still teleporting everywhere. I changed to Wireless (Although I don't prefer it as my house has a weak signal) and
    it works perfectly fine. My ethernet port is somehow faulty? I don't even use my Xbox up until now.
  3. StrigonOne Win User

Network Card

Hi thanks for the reply

Guess what, i did both resets and im still teleporting everywhere. I downloaded the patches at full speed at decent pace (9gb worth of patch in 15 minutes or so). I even pulled out the power for 5-10 minutes which i did not do previously but dont see a reason
    to as i barely turn on this console. My NAT type is open on the xbox as well. This is becoming increasingly frustrating. Doing a full reset helped a little bit but i am still teleporting out of the map and barely moving.
  4. {Parity} Win User

Network Card

You could have done the factory reset keeping your games and apps and you would not have to download the game again.

Next time before anything else try performing a hard reset EXACTLY like this. Hold the power button on the console for 8 seconds or until the power shuts down completely. Unplug the power cord from the back of the console for 5 minutes. Plug the power
    cord back in and restart the console.
  5. dcomley Win User

Network card dead?

So you are having the same issue regardless if you try wired OR wireless? Are the other Xbox devices on your network using wired or wireless? Are you able to try a different LAN cable (in case there's a problem with your current LAN cable)?

When you run your Xbox Live Connection Test, you mentioned that it failed connecting to Xbox LIVE. It should give you some troubleshooting steps to try (you may have to press Y on your controller). It may be as simple a matter as restarting your router/modem.
    The test may also give some indication as to what the error is: e.g. NAT error, MTU error, DNS error, etc.

If you are still having issues, could you reply with responses to the below:

What Country/State/Province do you live in?

Modem brand & model number:

Router brand & model number:

If Wireless, are you using a white or black external adapter, or an internal (Xbox 360S) adapter?

Things you have tried:

Is UPnP Enabled? Yes/no/Unknown

Do you have a NAT error? If so, what is your NAT?

Any Error Codes you encounter:

Who is your ISP(Internet Service Provider)?

After you run "Test Xbox LIVE connection" press “Y” for "More Info”. In the pop-up that appears, what are the following values, if shown? (If a value below does not appear for you, just leave it blank.)

W:

X:

Y:

Z:

ID:

L:

Q:

T:

D:

S:

C:
  6. Lenmo Win User

Network card dead?

When the console is turned on all functions are slow, first it takes to load the main profile screen (where you sign in) like 5 minutes before the busy indicator stops and my profiles load. I then can try to log in, go to the marketplace, or any other menu
    choice and it does the same thing. When I do try to sign in to a profile it tells me I have no connection. The test reveals an internet connection but no LIVE connection. No I have not tried this xbox on another network but I have 2 other xboxs on my home
    network and they run and load just fine. This has recently developed on this xbox and it was intermittent but lately I cannot get a normal start at all (I used to be able to get it to work normally after a few restarts). I have a kinect. I unplugged everything
    except what was needed and its still the same. Only when I unplug the LAN cable do I get normal behavior (obviously minus the internet connection). Yes I tried a brand new hard drive = same behavior. I tried a wireless connection and a wired connection on
    this machine it will no longer recognize my network so I cannot do any more trouble shooting of the wireless/wired connection effectively. I think I will try it at a friends house..
Thema:

Network card broken???

1. Network card broken??? - Similar Threads - Network card broken

2. Forza horizon 5 disables / compleatly turns off network adapter?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Forza horizon 5 disables / compleatly turns off network adapter?: this problem started happening in the last week, i tried everything the internet has to offer... i think it may be the problem with fh5 / xbox or my network adapter... other games / apps seem fine...
  3. Xbox remote play only working on home network

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox remote play only working on home network: I have an Xbox Series X and an Xbox One, connected to a Google WiFi network. The Series X is wired and the One is wireless. Both are configured for remote play and I can access both reliably from...
  4. XBOX network connection

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX network connection: Issues with NAT type that I cant seem to figure out the cause or find a fix. Restarted modems and console tired both wireless and wired and ran through the advanced settings but nothing makes a...
  5. Network Problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    Network Problem: I have been trying to get into my internet for about three days now and every time I try it says check name or password when I know they are both right as I got into the internet on my phone with...
  6. Xbox series X problem with network card +ssd + hdd

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X problem with network card +ssd + hdd: Does anybody has problem with SX if you connect seagete ssd epansion pack and USB HDD ? I have problem when i do it network thru ethernet cable stop working. I checked with different ssd expansion...
  7. Xbox One X - network card failure?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X - network card failure?: I am pretty sure my xbox's network card has failed. Over the last few weeks I have noticed little issues, like taking mintues and multiple tries to sign in and downloads for games and updates...
  8. Network Card

in XBoX on Consoles
    Network Card: Hi I bought an Xbox One S console last year, barely played it, recently got Xbox ultimate game pass. However each game I try to play online is unplayable, I am constantly teleporting everywhere or...
  9. Network card problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    Network card problem: The machine keeps telling me that I need to unplug network wire from the machine but I did not connect wire into it. When I run the diagnose, they say there is a error with network card and need...
  10. Can I Use a Slim Wireless Network Card as a Wireless Adapter for a Phat Console?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I Use a Slim Wireless Network Card as a Wireless Adapter for a Phat Console?: heres a backstory, i have three consoles total. on one of them, the dvd drive stopped working so i ordered a new one from amazon and tried switching out the boards so i dont have to flash it. but...