Network connection issues

Discus and support Network connection issues in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I am getting a poor network connection through my Xbox, I receive an average download speed of about 10 Mbps, 5 Mbps upload speed, 0/1% packet loss,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Horton1595, Aug 8, 2018.

1. Horton1595
    Horton1595 Guest

I am getting a poor network connection through my Xbox, I receive an average download speed of about 10 Mbps, 5 Mbps upload speed, 0/1% packet loss, 1480 MTU, around 50ms latency and 95-100% wireless strength, however through my phone/other devices I receive
    in excess of 150 Mbps download and 10 Mbps upload speed. Sometimes I can achieve higher numbers if I disconnect and reconnect the wifi numerous times through the xbox dashboard. I have checked the xbox at a friends house using their wifi and receive the same
    reported network statistics through their xbox so it doesn't seem to be the Xbox that is the issue. Can anyone help?

:)

Horton1595, Aug 8, 2018
  2. Network Connection Issues

Been trying to connect my xbox wirelessly for the first time with my new adapter and having a hard time.It keeps failing at the network connection stage

I have one of the first launch 20gb Xbox 360 white consoles from 2007

What Country/State/Province do you live in?
    Phoenix, AZ USA

Modem brand & model number: Motorola SURFboard model
    SB5101

Router brand & model number: Linksys Wireless G model E1000

We also have a network extender as well. Linksys Wireless G Network Range Expander model
    WRE546

Network Connection Type: Wireless/Wired: Wireless

If Wireless, what type of encryption are you using? WPA2 or WPA

If Wireless, are you using a white or black external adapter, or an internal (Xbox 360S) adapter?
    White external (Brand new)

Things you have tried: I've gone through the xbox troubleshooting so I've rebooted the network, checked that the wireless adapter has a red light showing ready to connect, checked my wireless password at least five
    times, checked that my DHCP settings are currently turned on, used a manual ip address withing the range/parameters of my router, and checked that MAC filtering is turned off.

Is UPnP Enabled? Yes/no/Unknown: Unknown

Is NAT Type Open? Unknown

Any Error Codes you encounter: No specific codes

What type of internet do you have? Cable/DSL/T1/3G?
    Cable

Who is your ISP(Internet Service Provider)?
    Cox High speed

When you run "Test Xbox LIVE connection" what is the exact message shown on screen?
    "There's a problem with your connection"

I'm currently using my parents network so I'm not going to be able to make any changes to the network settings as they are. I know proximity isn't an issue because I've had it right next to the router and still had the same error message. If anyone has a
    solution to this I'd really appreciate it.

sniperhunter05, Aug 8, 2018
  3. GMAN990
    GMAN990 Guest
    Network Connection issues

Hi,

Try changing the wireless channel on your router, try a few different channels to see which work the best for you

GMAN990, Aug 8, 2018
  4. {Parity}
    {Parity} Guest

Try performing a hard reset EXACTLY like this.

Hold the power button on the console for 8 seconds or until the power shuts down completely. Unplug the power cord from the back of the console for 5 minutes. Plug the power cord back in and restart the console.

{Parity}, Aug 8, 2018
  5. GMAN990 Win User

Network Connection issues

Hi,

Try changing the wireless channel on your router, try a few different channels to see which work the best for you
  6. {Parity} Win User

Try performing a hard reset EXACTLY like this.

Hold the power button on the console for 8 seconds or until the power shuts down completely. Unplug the power cord from the back of the console for 5 minutes. Plug the power cord back in and restart the console.
  7. InfernoWolfNLD Win User

Hey again UnseamedElk, You mentioned earlier that you're using the WiFi Adapter of your PC. In what way is your Xbox connected to your PC? Regards, SamxBroski
  8. InfernoWolfNLD Win User

Hey again UnseamedElk, It indeed sounds a lot like an IP issue. I suggest that you check out the troubleshooting page for this issue. This page can be found

Here
    . Regards, SamxBroski
  9. InfernoWolfNLD Win User

Hey there UnseamedElk, If the given solutions by FullM3ta1Jack3t aren't working out for you, I suggest that you do the following: Please fill out the
    bold below and post back. This will give us a better understanding of your network setup =)
    What Country/State/Province do you live in?

Modem brand & model number:

Router brand & model number:

If Wireless, are you using a white or black external adapter, or an internal (Xbox 360S) adapter?

Things you have tried:

Is UPnP Enabled? Yes/no/Unknown

Do you have a NAT error? If so, what is your NAT type?

Any Error Codes you encounter:

Who is your ISP(Internet Service Provider)?

After you run "Test Xbox LIVE connection" press “Y” for "More Info”. In the pop-up that appears, what are the following values, if shown? (If a value below does not appear for you, just leave it blank.)

W:

X:

Y:

Z:

ID:

L:

Q:

T:

D:

S:

C:
    Regards, SamxBroski
Thema:

1. Network connection issues - Similar Threads - Network connection issues

2. Network Connection Issue.

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Network Connection Issue.: Network Connection Issue. Hi joe, Thanks for your post. If your console is not connecting to your router's DHCP server, you may want to set a Static IP address to your console. To do so, you must...
  3. NETWORK CONNECTION ISSUE

NETWORK CONNECTION ISSUE: NETWORK CONNECTION ISSUE Hi Jethro, Thanks for updating us with your reply. If you are not familiar with how to configure your router settings, etc. then we recommend that you reach out to your...
  4. : Connection issues to games when two people play in the same group and one the same network

: Connection issues to games when two people play in the same group and one the same network: : Connection issues to games when two people play in the same group and one the same network If you get a router that supports UPnP, this generally solves the issue. I use a Netgear router that...
  5. NAT is open yet I could not connect to party chat due to "Network setting issues"

in XBoX on Consoles
    NAT is open yet I could not connect to party chat due to "Network setting issues": I haven't had any issues in the past and my router settings have not changed. I always get open NAT showing in the xbox network settings i've tried different ports as well. Running out of...
  6. : Live and network connection issues

: Live and network connection issues: : Live and network connection issues When my xbox does that I just delete the mac address and then its all good!! 9624577a-95f2-4798-ac0c-b7125942f65e
  7. XBOX One S: Network connectivity issues - Ethernet Packet Loss

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX One S: Network connectivity issues - Ethernet Packet Loss: For history, please refer to New Xbox One S drops network connection when in Instant On mode The above thread is locked for further additions, demonstrates a far reaching issue affecting many...
  8. Network connection issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Network connection issue: It keeps saying that we arent able to connect to wifi but all other electronics in our home works just fine on the wifi but the xbox one will not connect today! Is there a network issue of some...
  9. Wireless Network Connection Issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wireless Network Connection Issues: Is anyone else having this issue? When I occasionally turn my Xbox on, none of the wireless networks are appearing? It’s clearly not a fault with our WiFi as it is literally not picking up any...
  10. Network connection issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Network connection issue: my network connection began becoming temperamental with me losing my connection every now and then. Now I can’t even get a connection with my controller light flashing intermittently. I checked my...