Network Settings are Blocking Party Chat 0x89234020

Discus and support Network Settings are Blocking Party Chat 0x89234020 in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I am currently experiencing the above error message when trying to play and chat with ONE SPECIFIC FRIEND on xbox. If this friend is not in the party I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by RickySoccer07, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Network Settings are Blocking Party Chat 0x89234020

I am currently experiencing the above error message when trying to play and chat with ONE SPECIFIC FRIEND on xbox. If this friend is not in the party I do not get this message. If he is in the party I receive this message and am eventually disconnected
    from the party. If he is not in the party I experience no issues whatsoever with any of my other friends. I can also not connect to him in any online multiplayer games. However, if one of our other friends is the host we can connect to them without issue.
    I have tried every basic troubleshooting step associated with this issue (restarting router, modem, xbox, turning on energy saving mode, clearing persistent storage, changing privacy settings, etc.) that I can find as well as some more advanced steps (such
    as opening ports via my router settings as well as setting my xbox ip in the dmz). I have an open nat type and experience no internet connectivity issues whatsoever on any other device and I also do not experience this issue with anyone else besides one specific
    friend. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

RickySoccer07, Jun 12, 2019
  2. Ezzn Win User

I had to add a network rule to allow the traffic through my router.. Please let us know
  3. Mimori 775 Win User

NETWORK SETTINGS ARE BLOCKING PARTY CHAT. [0x89234020]

Hey there! I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing the error code: 0x89231806.
    There is actually a troubleshoot guide available for this error located here: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/networking/nat-error-solution

After each step, I would also attempt to keep trying to see if the Party Connection works.

1. [On your Xbox] Check your NAT type.

Go to Settings > All Settings > Select Network > And let us know what it says under "Nat Type" in the center column.

2. Reset your network device/modem

3. [On your Xbox] Test your NAT type. by clicking on "Test NAT Type"

4. [On your Xbox]
    Power Cycle your console

5. [On your Xbox] Attempt to join the party through another friend (Have another friend try to start a party with you)

While this is a just starting point, let me know how it works out for you and then we can try some more troubleshooting steps.
  4. ArminatorX Win User

If you were banned, you would get a specific message telling you that you're banned.

However, that error message is telling you that a network setting is preventing you from participating in the party.

Please go to the Xbox One's network settings, and check the NAT status there.

If the NAT status shows anything else but open, then you need to check your router settings, or ask your Internet Provider if they changed your connection to use CG-NAT via DS-Lite.
  5. donovan sossin Win User

no thats why im so confused, because its been two days so far that i couldnt party chat with my friends and when we went to game chat i was auto muted for some odd reason.
  6. TheHooniganTX Win User

Hi donovan!

Sorry to hear you are having issues with the party chat. Did you check here first on the error code since it doesn't exist in the error lookup?

You can also report this problem using the Xbox Insider Hub app so we can investigate it further:

1. On your console, install theXbox Insider Hubapp (if you don’t already have it).
    2. Hold down theXboxbutton on the controller.
    3. On the power menu, select Report a problem.
    4. Describe the problem in detail, including when it happened, if you saw any specific error codes or messages, and if you were using any specific games, software, hardware, or accessories when you encountered the problem.

As far as network issues, what does your detailed network settings say about your current configuration? Example your NAT

Are you seeing an error message when you run the Network Connection Test on your Xbox One console? If so, answer a few questions and we’ll try a number of solutions to fix the problem.

If you need to rerun the Network Connection Test on your console to verify the specific error message you’re getting, follow these steps:

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    2. Select Settings.
    3. Select All Settings.
    4. Select Network.
    5. Select Network settings. Any known outages will appear in the middle of the screen.
    6. On the right side of the Network settings screen, select Test network connection.
    If the connection test is successful, your console will connect to Xbox Live. If the connection test is not successful, the Network Connection Troubleshooter will try to identify the problem.

What error message are you getting?
Thema:

1. Network Settings are Blocking Party Chat 0x89234020 - Similar Threads - Network Settings are

2. Xbox on Windows 10 - your network settings are blocking party chat 0x807A1011

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox on Windows 10 - your network settings are blocking party chat 0x807A1011: This has happened to me twice in the past 24 hours, where me and my friends are playing a game and suddenly it just drops me and I can't hear them and they can't hear me. it's super frustrating....
  3. NETWORK SETTINGS ARE BLOCKING PARTY CHAT. [0x89234020]

in XBoX on Consoles
    NETWORK SETTINGS ARE BLOCKING PARTY CHAT. [0x89234020]: Why am i banned for no reason? I feel like my whole video game life is gone and will probably stop playing and sell my xbox all together if i cant find a solution. GOD PLEASE GIVE ME AN ANSWER. :[...
  4. Nothing happens when I press network settings

in XBoX on Consoles
    Nothing happens when I press network settings: I just bought an Xbox one x, and when going to network> network settings and click it nothing happens, and I can't sign in because it appears a window with an error 0x80a40019, so I'm stuck, I...
  5. BAD POOL CALLER error when accessing app network settings - APP XBOX

in XBoX on Windows
    BAD POOL CALLER error when accessing app network settings - APP XBOX: As per title, app crashes and PC reboots with bsod code: "BAD POOL CALLER" Error, as soon as i get access to the app network settings. Any help to identify and solve this issue? APp running on...
  6. Apps have very low network speed but not network settings

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Apps have very low network speed but not network settings: I have started using xbox 360 after a long gap. I connected and connections went well . In network settings, it shows the internet signal strength as around 7 mbps. However, when i open internet...
  7. "Your network settings are blocking party chat." Error code 0x8923401C

in XBoX on Consoles
    "Your network settings are blocking party chat." Error code 0x8923401C: Whenever i try to join my one specific friend's party, I either disconnect and get this message or he disconnects. Also it will not let me join him or him join me in gta 5 online. I have a good...
  8. Network settings question

in XBoX Accessibility
    Network settings question: Greetings everyone. I'm hoping someone out there can answer my question. I've been randomly getting signed out of Xbox Live lately. It'll happen maybe a few minutes after I start playing or let...
  9. NAT is open yet I could not connect to party chat due to "Network setting issues"

in XBoX on Consoles
    NAT is open yet I could not connect to party chat due to "Network setting issues": I haven't had any issues in the past and my router settings have not changed. I always get open NAT showing in the xbox network settings i've tried different ports as well. Running out of...
  10. Your network settings are blocking party chat for some people. [0x89231906]

in XBoX on Windows
    Your network settings are blocking party chat for some people. [0x89231906]: When I try to join a party (and I think that this is only when there are people in the party that aren't my friends), I get a message saying, "Your network settings are blocking party chat for...