Networking issues with cable. Slow internet speed

Discus and support Networking issues with cable. Slow internet speed in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I bought an 8.2 rated networking cable and my ethernet speeds are slower than WiFi. I have a 480/23mbps (overhead) speed and I get 160-180mbps on WiFi... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/kjemiker, May 14, 2021.

1. /u/kjemiker
    /u/kjemiker Guest

I bought an 8.2 rated networking cable and my ethernet speeds are slower than WiFi. I have a 480/23mbps (overhead) speed and I get 160-180mbps on WiFi and 90-150mbps on ethernet. Is there an issue I'm not aware of? Can someone help me please? Thank you.

submitted by /u/kjemiker
    [link] [comments]

/u/kjemiker, May 14, 2021
  2. SailormoonGirl6 Win User

Upload Speed

Hi Buddy..

Let try this. Turn off your XBox.

It happen to my many time the internet get unstable an throw me off my game or slow down my internet.

Reboot Cable modem & router;

sometimes internet provider slow down internet speeds during overloads.

Rebooting modem tells them to return your internet speed.

Check internet speed online.. Make sure it at where it should be.

If not call up your ISP.

Click the big XBox logo button..

Go to Settings

Go to General

Network Connection

Test Network Speed

Then go to Test Network Speed

XBox Support:

https://beta.support.xbox.com/xbox-live-status

If internet speed to slow contact your ISP to reboot you modem... It could be an old internet cable outside your home.. It happen to me buddy. Old outside cable line had to be fixed with a ne line after that fix my internet was faster.
  3. Zdubleu Win User

Game Pass download speed

A lot of times it ca just be a slow internet issue. But if the problem persists try unplugging your ethernet cable and plugging it back in. That can sometimes fix slow speeds.
  4. BusGod Win User

Epic Fail

I'm sure you have networking issues, internet issues or an Ethernet port issue. It doesn't take that long.

So many of these issues in regards to slow updates are because of your internet/network.

Do you have ports open for XBL? What is your speed?
  5. SailormoonGirl6 Win User

Xbox One X Slow Wired Internet Download Speed

It slowed down on me too, alot. too many ppl on internet. During game play and after; I found my internet speed reduce badly. It was too slow to update the games.

It's best to re-boot the cable modem & re-boot the router. Turn on the XBox. Rebooting, tells the internet provider to restore you internet speed or call your ISP to check to see if the internet is having issues. Tell
    them to test you modem and router. Do a speed test on computer.

Be Safe..
  6. SailormoonGirl6 Win User

Downloads not working

It slowed down on me too, alot. too many ppl on internet. During game play and after; I found my internet speed reduce badly. It was too slow to update the games. It's best to re-boot the cable modem & re-boot the router. Turn on the XBox. Rebooting, tells
    the internet provider to restore you internet speed or call your ISP to check to see if the internet is having issues. Tell them to test you modem and router. Do a speed test on computer.
Thema:

1. Networking issues with cable. Slow internet speed - Similar Threads - Networking issues cable

2. Trying network issue post again for possible explanation or help

in XboX Insiders
    Trying network issue post again for possible explanation or help: I posted before about this and it continues. I have 2 Xbox One Xs. I am on Xfinity 1200/40 using their newest WIFI 6 router. Both are connected via ethernet cable. 1 Xbox on Alpha and 1 on SA. I...
  3. Xbox network issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox network issues: I've been having trouble with my xbox. Every time I try to play an online game, it immediately disconnects from the WiFi. I've tried all possible solutions, such as restarting the router,...
  4. Xbox network connection issues.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox network connection issues.: Hey everybody, I am in need of some assistance with a peculiar problem. Long story short is that my Xbox Series X is having an issue where it will randomly disconnect from the Xbox network for...
  5. Xbox 360 Backwards Compatibility Having Network Issues

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox 360 Backwards Compatibility Having Network Issues: To simply put it Whenever I try to load up a 360 game it won't connect to the internet, when I'm using my home wifi, however when I tried my hotspot it worked just fine, and again when I switched...
  6. Network issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Network issues: HI i got recently a high latency i went to one of my games { fortnite } and saw i have got 164 ms on my server but before that i just changed my wired network slot in my router but i placed it...
  7. Networking issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Networking issues: Hi, whenever I go to clear my MAC address, it won’t let me restart my console. The restart console button shows as being pressed but the console never restarts ? What is the issue?...
  8. Xbox one network connectivity issues.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one network connectivity issues.: So, i'm using an original Xbox one. I have a wired internet connection. I have multiple devices using the same internet connection, some through Wifi and some direct through cable, all with no...
  9. Network issues with Xbox.com/Play beta

in XboX Insiders
    Network issues with Xbox.com/Play beta: Hi all, I have the invite for xbox.com/play game streaming beta and have tried it. However its basically not useable. Its very laggy as if my internet isn't fast enough (stream is transcoding...
  10. Remote Play Network Issues “your network may be experiencing problems” icon

in XboX Insiders
    Remote Play Network Issues “your network may be experiencing problems” icon: When I use remote play I almost constant get the “your network my be experiencing problems” icon in the top left. I am using and orbi ac3000 mesh net work and my Xbox series x is hardwired into...