New 3.5mm jack controller is pointless!

Discus and support New 3.5mm jack controller is pointless! in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So I have the new controller. Been told by microsoft that it won't work with a headset which has seperate cables for mic + audio, even if you use a... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Wolverine 1091, Nov 5, 2015.

1. New 3.5mm jack controller is pointless!

So I have the new controller.

Been told by microsoft that it won't work with a headset which has seperate cables for mic + audio, even if you use a jack adapter. Which is bizzare as that works with the the stereo headset adapter! Only found this out after I bought the controller!!!

So, try and find a decent gaming headset with game and chat volume controls either on the headset or inline with the 3.5mm jack cable with no usb power cable. May as well have a wired controller if your headset is going to be plugged into the console or a socket
    adapter.

I've found the HUHD optical wireless gaming headset but the reviews are mixed and apparently the battery isn't great.

So currently I'm using some mobile phone earphones to play online. ( no audio controls, cutscenes make my ears bleed! )

The controller seems pointless, you basically need the stereo headset adapter for the volume controls, but I feel I shouldn't have to have one because the controller has the jack point if you get my drift. annoyed!

:)

Wolverine 1091, Nov 5, 2015
  2. cool and hip
    cool and hip Guest
    xbox one

will the Xbox one new controller have a 3.5mm head phone jack

cool and hip, Nov 5, 2015
  3. EthanC0807
    EthanC0807 Guest
    Volume on Xbox one

I have no receiver but thanks. Good job there is a 3.5mm headphone jack in the new controller.

EthanC0807, Nov 5, 2015
  4. Satoshi Fudo
    Satoshi Fudo Guest

Would someone be kind enough to highlight to me the differences between the old Xbox 1 controller and the new one? I get that it has a new 3.5mm jack but you could plug your headset into the previous xbox controller so how is it different exactly?

Tried to find some reviews of it online but haven't found anything yet. Thanks.

Satoshi Fudo, Nov 8, 2015
  5. Old controller required the stereo headset adapter to work with my headset. ( was a friends stereo headset adapter) so I thought i'd buy the new type of controller so as to not also buy the stereo headset adapter.

The new controller differences

3.5mm jack which is pointless

and the bumpers feel slightly different, but that just may be because i'm now used to worn bumpers on my old controller.

that's it

Wolverine 1091, Nov 12, 2015
  6. I have one of the triton headsets, and it doesn't require the mic cable to be plugged in to function. I just plug the audio cable in the controller and the mic works like a charm. I'm not sure if there's some specific compatibility issue with the one you
    bought or if I'm just lucky though.

As for audio control, you can adjust it in the settings tab of the new dashboard's guide function. Not completely user friendly when you quickly want to mute yourself but it's better than nothing and works fine.

JamieThornton, Nov 12, 2015
  7. Just noticed the new chat control, and this changes the ball game completely.

Now the controller makes sense, where as before it was a nightmare changing volume mid-game on headphones with no control.

I might just get a ps4 suitable headset then. They are really well rated.

Wolverine 1091, Nov 12, 2015
  8. New 3.5mm jack controller is pointless!

So after some research it appears that the hyper X cloud 2 headset doesn't work with the new controller 3.5mm port

This headset is arguably the best vs cost headset available.

Wolverine 1091, Oct 31, 2018
  9. JamieThornton Win User

I have one of the triton headsets, and it doesn't require the mic cable to be plugged in to function. I just plug the audio cable in the controller and the mic works like a charm. I'm not sure if there's some specific compatibility issue with the one you
    bought or if I'm just lucky though.

As for audio control, you can adjust it in the settings tab of the new dashboard's guide function. Not completely user friendly when you quickly want to mute yourself but it's better than nothing and works fine.
  10. Wolverine 1091 Win User

So after some research it appears that the hyper X cloud 2 headset doesn't work with the new controller 3.5mm port

This headset is arguably the best vs cost headset available.
  11. Wolverine 1091 Win User

Just noticed the new chat control, and this changes the ball game completely.

Now the controller makes sense, where as before it was a nightmare changing volume mid-game on headphones with no control.

I might just get a ps4 suitable headset then. They are really well rated.
  12. Wolverine 1091 Win User

Old controller required the stereo headset adapter to work with my headset. ( was a friends stereo headset adapter) so I thought i'd buy the new type of controller so as to not also buy the stereo headset adapter.

The new controller differences

3.5mm jack which is pointless

and the bumpers feel slightly different, but that just may be because i'm now used to worn bumpers on my old controller.

that's it
  13. Satoshi Fudo Win User

Would someone be kind enough to highlight to me the differences between the old Xbox 1 controller and the new one? I get that it has a new 3.5mm jack but you could plug your headset into the previous xbox controller so how is it different exactly?

Tried to find some reviews of it online but haven't found anything yet. Thanks.
Thema:

1. New 3.5mm jack controller is pointless! - Similar Threads - 5mm jack controller

2. Gears 5 Jack Flash Freeze still lock

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gears 5 Jack Flash Freeze still lock: I re did Act 2 chapter 4 old Derrick site again and it still did not unlock 08d29c06-015d-4eac-91a5-07de85a27de6
  3. Controller input Jack not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller input Jack not working: I need to send my controller back for repair under warrenty as the input Jack is not working and muted on the screen.Tried all remedies on here. Tried it on different x box still the same. There...
  4. Gears 5 Discussion: Jack in Horde mode

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gears 5 Discussion: Jack in Horde mode: Olá, ainda nao esperimentei o modo horda... dizem que está bacana mais com alguns bug... houve uma atualização hoje, espero que tenham corrigido. só pretendo voltar no gears 5 quando tiver melhor...
  5. Mobile Phone Adapter 2 em 1 Tipo C Para 3.5mm Jack Conversor De Carregamento USB-Tipo C Adaptador de

in XboX Insiders
    Mobile Phone Adapter 2 em 1 Tipo C Para 3.5mm Jack Conversor De Carregamento USB-Tipo C Adaptador de: 1:to Germany customers please tell us your EORI number if you want to ship by FedEx or TNT . Without them, we could only by DHL, Hong Kong post or China Post ! 2:to Russian customers please leave...
  6. Headphone jack not working properly?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headphone jack not working properly?: Hey so yesterday the controller audio jack stoped working. I tried everything, reset the controller, the default settings, etc. Today I tried to plug in my headset that I use only for thus...
  7. Controller headset jack broke

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller headset jack broke: Ive bought 3 controllers, all 3 have had broken headset jacks within the first couple months, its a waste of money i’m switching to ps4 72a25f61-2a47-4c49-80b5-fdf28b15a457
  8. 3.5mm headphone Jack

in XBoX on Consoles
    3.5mm headphone Jack: I have the purple fortnite special edition xbox one s console and controller and recently the 3.5mm headphone jack stopped working, we have tried various headsets to no luck, but if you use one of...
  9. [Bug report] after wake up gamepad is no sound in headset connected to audio jack of gamepad

in XBoX on Consoles
    [Bug report] after wake up gamepad is no sound in headset connected to audio jack of gamepad: Hi, I am always listening music and playing games in my headset. It is very annoying for me when after wake up gamepad is no sound in the headset. For restoring sound in the headset I should...
  10. Cant connect xbox headset to xbox new controller 3.5m jack

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cant connect xbox headset to xbox new controller 3.5m jack: Hi I need help I cant connect my sons turtle beach headphones and chat to xbox he canr hear or speak to players we have tried starting a chat but audio function is not highlighted on screen so we...