new console old hard drive and live account

Discus and support new console old hard drive and live account in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Haven’t played in over a year and bought a new console for my boys but am using my old 60GB hard drive and Kinetic. I am also attempting to reactivate... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by trojansak47, Jan 23, 2014.

1. trojansak47
    trojansak47 Guest

Haven’t played in over a year and bought a new console for my boys but am using my old 60GB hard drive and Kinetic. I am also attempting to reactivate a dated live account (activated no problem through computer but now struggling on console).

That said, I cannot access internet or live with direct plug in. Also, Kinetic is requiring an update which I can’t do because I can’t log into LIVE from the new counsel. AND I can’t play any games until all of the above is refigured…. Help! And thanks in
    advance for the advice.

:)

trojansak47, Jan 23, 2014
  2. DoubleD005
    DoubleD005 Guest
    Buying new Xbox console, questions about moving saved info to new one

My old console died a week ago, was the older version console w/20 gig hard drive. It came with a memory card that I have all my saved game data on; however all purchased games and gamertag/Xbox Live account is on the hard drive. I prefer *not* to buy
    a transfer cable if I can prevent it, which leads me to the following questions-

1. Can I load up my gamertag/Xbox Live account on the new console without needing the old hard drive?

2. Can I re-download the games I purchased that are currently on the old hard drive?

3. Is there any way I can view what is left on the old hard drive to determine if it is worth it to move to the new console?

Thanks in advance for your replies, suggestions, links, etc new console old hard drive and live account :)

DoubleD005, Jan 23, 2014
  3. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest
    New Slim, old hard drive?

In order to use your old games you must purchase either the 250 or 320 gb hard drive for the 360 slim console. Any attempt to fit your old hard drive would be considered modding and could result in your brand new console being banned from live.

onyxishere, Jan 23, 2014
  4. new console old hard drive and live account

Hey there, when plugging in an old HDD to a new consoles the profiles that are previously on there can sometimes have issues signing-in to Xbox Live. I would suggest deleting the profile from the console (profile only), clearing the system cache, restart
    the console and re-download your profile. Hopefully after your profile downloads it should automatically sign you into live.

-

Delete and re-download profile:
    support.xbox.com/.../profile-move-delete

-

Clear cache:
    support.xbox.com/.../clear-system-cache

DigitalAssassin, Jan 23, 2014
  5. DigitalAssassin Win User

Hey there, when plugging in an old HDD to a new consoles the profiles that are previously on there can sometimes have issues signing-in to Xbox Live. I would suggest deleting the profile from the console (profile only), clearing the system cache, restart
    the console and re-download your profile. Hopefully after your profile downloads it should automatically sign you into live.

-

Delete and re-download profile:
    support.xbox.com/.../profile-move-delete

-

Clear cache:
    support.xbox.com/.../clear-system-cache
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

Buying new Xbox console, questions about moving saved info to new one

[quote user="DoubleD005"]

1. Can I load up my gamertag/Xbox Live account on the new console without needing the old hard drive?

Yes. All you need to do is retrieve your Gamertag from Xbox Live:

http://support.xbox.com/en-gb/xbox-live/how-to/xbox-live-account-management/gamer-profile#tab-1-section7

2. Can I re-download the games I purchased that are currently on the old hard drive?

Yes. All of your content is available to download again via your download history
    https://live.xbox.com/Download/History

3. Is there any way I can view what is left on the old hard drive to determine if it is worth it to move to the new console?

Unfortunately no. To get all the content off the hard drive you will need a transfer cable. The only other way of seeing what is on the hard drive is to attach it to another compatible 360 console. You could then use a configured
    USB flash drive to copy or move data, such as save games.[/quote]
  7. Continue using my Co Win User

New console old hard drive

Hello. Sorry to hear about your problems playing your content on your NEW Xbox 360. The problems you are experiencing may be the result of NOT being connected to Xbox LIVE and/or using a different Gamer Profile (gamertag) than that which was used to purchase
    the content you want to play/use.

Since you are using a NEW console you have to do a license transfer and then redownload the content you want to use in order for it to work when your are disconnected from Xbox LIVE. If you are connected to Xbox LIVE using the same Gamer Profile (gamertag)
    that purchased/redeemed the content then you shouldn't have any problems playing the game/dlc.

You can transfer content licenses from one console to another once every four months.If your console was recently repaired, or if you’ve purchased a new console, use the license transfer option on your console to transfer content licenses.

Here’s how:

1.On your console, sign in to Xbox LIVE using the gamertag that you used to purchase the content.

2.Go to the Settings, and then select Account.

3.Go to Your Billing Options, and then select License Transfer.

4.Follow the on-screen instructions to transfer the content licenses.

After the licenses are transferred, you need to download the content again to update the local licenses. This way the content can be used by other profiles on your console and when you’re not connected to Xbox LIVE.

More information can be found here:
    http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live/marketplace-and-purchasing/download-content
  8. davemcfly85 Win User

old 360 died..yesterday. Franchise to date saved Y/??

well your achievements will be there when you log into your account on the new console but any saves would be on the storage of the older console, but if you new one has a hard drive you can connect the drive from the old one to the new system and do a data
    transfer even if the old console is DOA, good luck!
  9. onyxishere Win User

New Slim, old hard drive?

In order to use your old games you must purchase either the 250 or 320 gb hard drive for the 360 slim console. Any attempt to fit your old hard drive would be considered modding and could result in your brand new console being banned from live.
Thema:

1. new console old hard drive and live account - Similar Threads - console old hard

2. New Preview Alpha Skip Ahead Ring 1910 Update not on my Current console only on my old one

in XboX Insiders
    New Preview Alpha Skip Ahead Ring 1910 Update not on my Current console only on my old one: August 14th : New Preview Alpha Skip Ahead Ring 1910 Update (1910.190812-1924) this update to the new dashboard was made to my old xbox one S 2TB console. but not on my xbox one X I got a xbox...
  3. Why does the Xbox One S heat up like a BBQ when they are Brand New or Old Consoles?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does the Xbox One S heat up like a BBQ when they are Brand New or Old Consoles?: Why is every brand new Xbox One I buy really really warm when I touch it just after a few moments that it was turned on? I mean you can cook Burgers on this console if you wanted to....
  4. 360-Can I add old profile info to new profile on new console?

in XBoX Accessibility
    360-Can I add old profile info to new profile on new console?: Years ago I had a 360 and it met an untimely demise thanks to my son. I bought a new (used) 360 for my truck about a year ago. Since it was on my truck it didn't go online, I mostly used it for...
  5. Forza Horizon 4 crashes to dashboard on new Xbox One X after hardware death of old console

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Forza Horizon 4 crashes to dashboard on new Xbox One X after hardware death of old console: Hello guys, this ist driving me crazy: 7 days ago my Xbox One X died while playing Forza Horizon 4 which was run from an external HDD. The console was unrecoverable, so I got a new one. I...
  6. sold my old console but neglected to remove my profile...how do i do that now?

in XBoX on Consoles
    sold my old console but neglected to remove my profile...how do i do that now?: sold my old console but neglected to remove my profile...how do i do that now? 75f2a038-ed38-4763-933e-3762e68be64c
  7. Old Xbox One games on new Xbox One X console, buy again?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Old Xbox One games on new Xbox One X console, buy again?: I have Forza 7 bought digitally to my Xbox One. I´m am gonna buy a Xbox One X, can I just download the game again no charge? Or do I have to pay for a 4k HDR version? Same for other games I own,...
  8. Old Xbox One games on new Xbox One X console, buy again?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Old Xbox One games on new Xbox One X console, buy again?: I have Forza 7 bought digitally to my Xbox One. I´m am gonna buy a Xbox One X, can I just download the game again no charge? Or do I have to pay for a 4k HDR version? Same for other games I own,...
  9. They sent the replacement console, without power and HDMI cords, sent mine back with the old ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    They sent the replacement console, without power and HDMI cords, sent mine back with the old ...: I returned my Xbox One S under warranty and I sent the whole system back for a replacement console. They did not send power or HDMI cords with the console, but I sent mine back with the broken...
  10. Old External hard drive and a new xbox console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Old External hard drive and a new xbox console: We had added an external hard drive to our XOne (Because internal was filling up.) had no problems. Our XOne died and we replaced the console. Can we just plug that external drive into the new...