New Controller - D-Pad broken out of the box

Discus and support New Controller - D-Pad broken out of the box in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hey Guys, Today i got my Brand New Xbox 360 E which i bought from ebay. Everything was sealed but the D-Pad "right" only works by pressing very... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by viohlenze, Jan 24, 2014.

1. viohlenze
    viohlenze Guest

Hey Guys,

Today i got my Brand New Xbox 360 E which i bought from ebay.

Everything was sealed but the D-Pad "right" only works by pressing very strong.

Can i change this Controller against a new one?

If yes... How do i do that.

Btw... I am from germany

:)

viohlenze, Jan 24, 2014
  2. CRUZZifer
    CRUZZifer Guest
    Killer Instinct breaking your controller down fast

Long time man! But I've been playing TONS of KI and my controller is just fine (just like out the box). It's funny because when I bought MK9 on the 360, the special D-Pad 360 controller they came out with broke within two/ three weeks but this X1 controller....
    NO ISSUE New Controller - D-Pad broken out of the box :)

CRUZZifer, Jan 24, 2014
  3. Sword Style
    Sword Style Guest
    The Gears of war 3 controller

I have the silver controller. Had it since it first came out. I've never once ever rotated the D-pad, other than the first experimental twist when I first pulled it out of the package. But no, my D-pad isn't broken

Sword Style, Jan 24, 2014
  4. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest

You could either contact the seller on ebay or set up the warranty for the console and the arrange to get a warranty replacement from the support pages.

myservice.xbox.com/.../Welcome.aspx

onyxishere, Jan 24, 2014
  5. onyxishere Win User

You could either contact the seller on ebay or set up the warranty for the console and the arrange to get a warranty replacement from the support pages.

myservice.xbox.com/.../Welcome.aspx
  6. Sword Style Win User

The Gears of war 3 controller

I have the silver controller. Had it since it first came out. I've never once ever rotated the D-pad, other than the first experimental twist when I first pulled it out of the package. But no, my D-pad isn't broken
  7. Obsessive Power Win User

New Controller

The OP must be referring to this type of pad
    Xbox 360 Official Silver Wireless Controller.
    These controllers have a new elevated D-Pad for more precision. This D-Pad is very useful for games like Street Fighter and Tekken.

I'm pretty sure only the special edition 360 Slims have the new D-Pad controllers in the box. My recent 250GB Slim came with a normal black wireless pad. My nephews Gears of War 3 edition came with the new controller.
  8. ElectroFlying Win User

The Xbox One controllers are poorly built

Only problem I have had with my X1 controller is the D pad.

Right out of the box, I updated it, and began using Edge and Youtube and noticed that 1 click down on the D pad often moved the navigation down 3 or more spaces.

It does the same with games as well, which makes using the D pad annoying. So I hooked up the New spare X1 controller I had bought the day I bought the console. (black friday 2015) And it's D pad does it as well.

Wasn't the D Pad redesigned this generation? I'm sure it was, but if this is what some would call 'a quality redesign.' Then someone in the design team should have gotten fired.

Thankfully, I don't use the D pad much.
  9. NinjaM0nkey8 Win User

Controller D-Pad Broken

never mind about this post I tried to fix my controller and I broke it. I feel like a idiot right now
Thema:

1. New Controller - D-Pad broken out of the box - Similar Threads - Controller Pad broken

2. Xbox One Controller: D-PAD - 4 or 8 position?

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox One Controller: D-PAD - 4 or 8 position?: Hello. I’ve been interested for several months, and everyone answers differently, who speaks 4 positions, who speaks 8 positions. Please tell me, at the cross (D-PAD) 4 or 8 positions? -----...
  3. Xbox controller spamming down on D-pad

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox controller spamming down on D-pad: I just bought an Xbox-licensed One controller from Walmart. I unbox it, plug it in, and I can’t even use it cause the controller keeps spamming down on the d-pad as if I were pressing it, but I’m...
  4. Xbox one controller D Pad sticking and double clicking issue, FIXED easy way

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox one controller D Pad sticking and double clicking issue, FIXED easy way: so after looking through the internet trying to find a way to stop my d pad double clicking to no real avail, having downloaded the game controller tester from the store it became obvious my left...
  5. Problem with 4x controllers(Microsoft pad Xbox One S 6CL-00002)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problem with 4x controllers(Microsoft pad Xbox One S 6CL-00002): Hello, I have a problem with 4x Xbox controllers. All gamepads have a faulty left analog stick. In neutral position cursor is moving. I tried to fix controllers according to microsoft support...
  6. Controller elite d-pad issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller elite d-pad issue: When i connect my controller elite either wirelessly or with a cable to my xbox the d-pad does not work. i have checked button mapping and found no issue and tried a different controller that...
  7. Elite controller no longer works with chat pad unless power cable is inserted.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite controller no longer works with chat pad unless power cable is inserted.: As above. I have tried the chatpad on another controller and it works fine on battery only. I have tried updating the controller with the chatpad attached but no update is needed. I've tried...
  8. how do i get my 4 xbox control pads fixed?

in XBoX on Consoles
    how do i get my 4 xbox control pads fixed?: I've got 2 pads about a year old rb broke off 1 and the direction sticks on the other and the older 2 is lb broke and direction sticks. £50 each what a waste had xbox 360 pads for 10 years and...
  9. Controller D-Pad Broken

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller D-Pad Broken: The little metal thing on the circuit bored is broken it won't pop up and I can't click, is there a way to fix the D-Pad, do I have to buy a new one, I hope I don't have to buy a new controller...
  10. Any idea on how to fix a broken d-pad on an xbox one controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Any idea on how to fix a broken d-pad on an xbox one controller?: So I have a controller that has a problem with the d-pad, it isn't entirely broken, it doesn't even seem broken upon first glance. The up button on the d-pad as well as the left have some...