new controller/headset and usb not working

Discus and support new controller/headset and usb not working in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; i have a very annoying problem yesterday i bought a new controller and my controller is working fine however my headset didn't work every time i talk... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Me1648, Mar 29, 2015.

1. Me1648
    Me1648 Guest

i have a very annoying problem yesterday i bought a new controller and my controller is working fine however my headset didn't work every time i talk it docent pick up so today i though i buy a new headset So i did. I got back and it is the same problem
    and well i don't ant to spend 80 or something pounds on rubbish that docent work so i thought i try to update it however the new usb i got with that controller docent even pick up that its in and well i am very very angry i want a replacement or my money back
    as this is stupid really is and now its saying there is an error trying to send this post REALLY.

:)

Me1648, Mar 29, 2015
  2. Amandabeggs
    Amandabeggs Guest
    X-box One Controller NOT UPDATING

I have tried to update my controller to use my new Afterglow Headset. The problem is that my xbox is not detecting my controller.

I have plugged it in without batteries and my controller will power on, with the microphone hooked up, I still get the message that there is NO CONTROLLER USB DETECTED.

Im going to try a new mini USB... the one provided im assuming is not working correctly.

any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Amandabeggs, Mar 29, 2015
  3. Controller mic

got this brand new controller yesterday and have been using a headset and out of nowhere my headset just stops working and it’s not the headset it’s the controller because the headset works perfectly fine on my old controller and now whenever I plug in my
    headset on my new controller it makes a loud staticky noice and won’t work

DerptasticNinja, Mar 29, 2015
  4. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest

Sorry to hear that you're having issues. If the USB port on the side of the console does not recognize the controller (both the controller and headset should be connected when updating) then try one of the rear USB ports to see if that will work.

onyxishere, Mar 30, 2015
  5. onyxishere Win User

Sorry to hear that you're having issues. If the USB port on the side of the console does not recognize the controller (both the controller and headset should be connected when updating) then try one of the rear USB ports to see if that will work.
  6. MurderTramp17 Win User

xbox one

Also, no, previous headsets will not work with he new xbox. the controller input looks like its a mini usb pot instead of the previous jack input
  7. BuffaloBuns Win User

Xbox One Chat Headset not turning on

BOught a stereo headset as well as a new controller. wouldn't you know- the old headset works fine with the new controller and the new headset doesn't work with old controller.

Problem- DEAD controller headset port.
  8. medium bloke Win User

Can I use a USB headset with XBOX ONE?

Hi, as far as I'm aware, the headsets need to go directly into the controller. The controller does not support an actual USB port, but instead a USB-type port that is compatible with the official Microsoft headset, and those who use the Xbox One Stereo Headset
    adaptor.

I can't seem to find any adaptors that allow actual USB headsets to plug into the controller. I would say that your headset may not work with your Xbox One.
  9. DARTH DINOBOT Win User

Xbox One Mic Stuck on mute?

My headset's mute button light was permanently on and the headset would not work at all. I then checked the update controller option within system settings (headset was attached) and a new update was found which I installed. However the headset still dose
    not work and mute light is stuck to flashing / blinking all the time.

The light even flashes when the console and controller are off and and is connected via the USB cable.
Thema:

1. new controller/headset and usb not working - Similar Threads - controller headset usb

2. Fusion pro controller conflict with headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Fusion pro controller conflict with headset: Hi all, I bought a new controller/pad powerA fusion pro. this works great no issues at all. I bought a wireless headset (PDP LVL50 xbox official) to because I had issues with static feed when...
  3. Controller and Wireless Headset conflict

in XboX Insiders
    Controller and Wireless Headset conflict: Is anyone else have a conflicting issue with there controller and wireless headset? It seems to be in the evenings. My headset will disconnect and when I go to reconnect it my controller will...
  4. USB headset to Xbox controller with 3.5mm jack.

in XBoX on Consoles
    USB headset to Xbox controller with 3.5mm jack.: Hello! Can I connect USB headset to Xbox controller with 3.5mm jack? If yes, where can I purchase an adapter? Thank you. bbb2353b-664b-4a2f-bd43-9e62f256d486
  5. Headset Audio and mic cutting out issue through a USB wireless and 3.5mm controller headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset Audio and mic cutting out issue through a USB wireless and 3.5mm controller headset: headset connections cuts out and makes skipping noises every 18 seconds (cannot hear sound and mic cuts out also), only while playing games, same issue with different headset and through a USB...
  6. Can a controller and headset both connect to a single Xbox USB stick on a Windows 10 PC?

in XBoX on Windows
    Can a controller and headset both connect to a single Xbox USB stick on a Windows 10 PC?: So I use my Xbox controller for a lot of games that I play on my PC. The controller in connected to a xbox usb stick. Now I want to buy a headset (Turtle Beach Stealth 600) but it requires a...
  7. Headset only working with USB connection to controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset only working with USB connection to controller?: Been driving me mad, using a 3.5mm Turtle Beach headset and it was working fine up until 3 weeks ago. Now the headset will only work when the controller is connected to the Xbox with a USB cable....
  8. Xbox One Controller and Wired Headset Multi-pin USB Damage

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Controller and Wired Headset Multi-pin USB Damage: I have a white Sunset Overdrive bundle controller and stock wired headset both displaying damage to the gold multi-pin connectors inside the USB port. The fourth pin counting from the left in the...
  9. Xbox One Controller on a Windows 8.1 PC via USB - Does the Headset/Headset-Adapter work?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Controller on a Windows 8.1 PC via USB - Does the Headset/Headset-Adapter work?: Hi everyone, as the title says i'm trying to find out if a Headset connected to the Xbox One Controller works on a Windows 8.1 based PC. The only information I could find on the Internet so far...
  10. Headset only working when the controller is connected to the console via usb cable.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset only working when the controller is connected to the console via usb cable.: Hi guys, i'm having this problem: I can't seem to hear anyone while using the headset with AA batteries or the Play and Charge battery kit, it only seems to work properly when i'm recharging the...