New Controller needed, after removal of Kinect

Discus and support New Controller needed, after removal of Kinect in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I am not sure if anyone else noticed a small problem with the Kinect being optional now. The Kinect used to be able to tell who was sitting where and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Echelon730, Jun 18, 2014.

1. Echelon730
    Echelon730 Guest

I am not sure if anyone else noticed a small problem with the Kinect being optional now. The Kinect used to be able to tell who was sitting where and make split screen play really easy.

Now that Kinect is optional, all the controllers have no indication of player 1 and player 2 and so on.

Xbox 360 had this feature, and it was great.

Hell even Sony's lightbar isn't perfect, because the color to player position isn't clear.

For games like Killer Instinct this is more than a minor annoyance when you are hosting a tournament.

Please Xbox bring back the Xbox 360 controller lights, or a way of telling who is what player.

:)

Echelon730, Jun 18, 2014
  2. What Microsoft might bring to the table at Gamescom

Hopefully the removal of Kinect.

SubZeroChief23, Jun 18, 2014
  3. cross44
    cross44 Guest
    Recently purchased X1 and have a question about headsets.

No, the new controller removes the need for any adapter that's it's purpose.

cross44, Jun 18, 2014
  4. YongzhiZhang Win User

New Experience - Gestures removed...... erm..... why????

I have same feeling.

It is very stupid to remove the kinect gestures!

When I play kinect game , the wireless controller already sleeping, I need to waste some times to switch it on without kinect gestures .
  5. pd730 Win User

What happened to full kinect calibration/setup

Yeah, gestures have been removed, but they're still coming out with new content for Xbox Fitness which to use properly needs the Kinect. If they were going to remove the whole Kinect camera setup, then that option should be removed from the Kinect settings.
    They have two "buttons" which do the same thing right now in Kinect setup. To me that seems like a bug, not an actual removal of a feature.
  6. eviltedi Win User

Dear Microsoft........... You are getting Closer.

[quote user="f00xm4n"]

I was under the impression from these forums that the kinect contained the wireless wifi direct and IR receivers for the xbox controller, so without a complete redesign of the hardware or optional reciever option the kinect would not be removed. I understand
    that people want a choice to not have the kinect but nobody is complaining that it comes with a controller and a HDMI cable without the choice not to have these. If the kinect is truly part of the system and essential for the controller to work, much like
    the wii bar is, I don't see the issue as you can turn off the camera and mic.

[/quote]

MS need to clarify a lot, there will be no Xbox One in this living room unless kinect can be removed, if what you say is correct and it's need for the controller and vice versa that brings many more problems if either one or both break.
  7. TheSpiralMatrix Win User

Question: Will the Xbox One have any 3D video games made for it?

You dont need 3D, Kinect, Kinect Glasses, Motion/voice controls to be immersed.

-

In reality those all remove the immersion.

-

Think of the the game you have been personally most immersed in..... see it uses none of that.
  8. WalkingIrish42 Win User

Kinect 2.0 question

Thema:

1. New Controller needed, after removal of Kinect - Similar Threads - Controller needed removal

2. I need help getting a controller working with xCloud on the android 11 beta (Pixel 4XL)

in XboX Insiders
    I need help getting a controller working with xCloud on the android 11 beta (Pixel 4XL): Has anyone been successful using a controller with xCloud or Console Streaming on the Android 11 beta? I can pair my controller (tried both PS4 and Xbox controllers) and they seem to work fine but...
  3. My XBOX ELITE CONTROLLER SERIES 2 is no longer working appropriately, and is in need of repair.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My XBOX ELITE CONTROLLER SERIES 2 is no longer working appropriately, and is in need of repair.: As subject states. My controller is no longer consistently accepting inputs, particularly from the "LB" button. I had started to notice over a month ago that occasionally the face buttons (ABXY)...
  4. Xbox one controller warranty needs to be 1 year not 90 days

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Xbox one controller warranty needs to be 1 year not 90 days: I feel you are robbing your customers if we pay over $100 for one controller just to only have a 90 day warranty. This is unexceptable! Any product over $100 or at the least $60 should have more...
  5. Needing to replace my control

in XBoX on Consoles
    Needing to replace my control: Tired to fill out a replacement controller form and now warranty is up what to do. bc7ded20-75a2-495f-af31-83042be28c23
  6. Do I need to replace my elite series 2 controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Do I need to replace my elite series 2 controller?: Recently I’ve been having problems with my RB button on my elite controller, Ive seen and read other comments and most people recommened that you buy a new controller. I feel like i’ve been...
  7. Preciso consertar meu controle Xbox elite[Translation-I need to fix my Xbox elite controller]

in XBoX on Consoles
    Preciso consertar meu controle Xbox elite[Translation-I need to fix my Xbox elite controller]: Preciso consertar meu controle Xbox elite, alguém pode ajudar [Translation-I need to fix my elite Xbox controller, can someone help] ee035422-6a04-44c1-8c04-472d40289c32
  8. guys, i need some help asap, my controller doesn't work

in XboX Insiders
    guys, i need some help asap, my controller doesn't work: hey guys, i tried the xbox streaming on my phone, so i connected the controller to my phone with Bluetooth and it worked fine, but after that i reconnected the controller to my xbox with a USB...
  9. need help removing the family settings/parental controls!!!

in XBoX on Consoles
    need help removing the family settings/parental controls!!!: can anyone please help me on how to completley remove the parental an family settings on my xbox 360. it was my brothers old one i factory reset it an ended up deleting all his stuff created my...
  10. need help removing the family settings/parental controls!!!

in XBoX on Consoles
    need help removing the family settings/parental controls!!!: can anyone please help me on how to completley remove the parental an family settings on my xbox 360. it was my brothers old one i factory reset it an ended up deleting all his stuff created my...