New Controller not connecting to X Box One X

Discus and support New Controller not connecting to X Box One X in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So I've just received a new standard Wireless controller direct from Microsoft that won't connect wirelessly. I've managed to get it to connect... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JemVanWin, Nov 8, 2019.

1. JemVanWin
    JemVanWin Guest

So I've just received a new standard Wireless controller direct from Microsoft that won't connect wirelessly.

I've managed to get it to connect momentarily but it disconnects almost instantly, like it hasn't got any range beyond a few centimetres.

Things I have tried based on advise found online to solve the problem.

I have tried doing hard restarts of the console which tends to allow it to connect for a brief amount of time as previously described.

Connecting via USB to check firmware, and it is fully up to date.

Connecting USB and then disconnecting the cable.

Using new batteries.

Older controllers still connect fine therefore I can confirm the issue is isolated to this one new controller.

:)

JemVanWin, Nov 8, 2019
  2. ThisGameIsSucky Win User

3. XBF Felixx P Win User

Hey JemVanWin!

Thanks for reaching out to Xbox forums support.

(One more time even though you said you've already tried it)

Go ahead and perform a hard reset and
    power cycle
    of your console. Hold down the power button on the console for about 10 seconds until it shuts down and then remove the power cable from the Xbox and the power outlet for about 5 minutes. Then re-connect and turn on the Xbox.

Next, if you haven't already done so, go ahead and try performing a Soft console Factory
    reset
    on your console by doing the following:

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    2. Select Settings.
    3. Select All Settings.
    4. Select System.
    5. Select Console info & updates.
    6. Select Reset console. [Keep my games and Apps]

Make sure you have both your email and password on hand as you will be asked to sign back in. There is an option to delete everything and to save your games and apps; choose the latter. This will reset
    the Operating system [OS] of the console and allow you a fresh start-up.

Once you've completed these 2 actions, Let us know if your new controller is able to connect.

Hope this helps!

Felix

Xbox forums support
  4. XBF Crystal P Win User

Hi there Jem,

Thanks for replying and update on the issue with the Xbox One controller syncing to the Xbox One X. I recommend to
    contact Customer Support for further assistance or visit the
    Device service and Repair
    site.

Give this a try and let us know the results.
  5. JemVanWin Win User

Followed the steps you've advised.

Still behaving the same way.

When trying to pair, the Xbox and Controller just flash and never connect.
  6. XBF Amber M Win User

Hi JemVanWin,

Thanks for updating us with your reply. Regarding the service ticket and the return label being for Germany, the Xbox Service Center for Europe is located in Germany, so this is standard. In the matter concerning the refund, it does take some time as you
    would need to ship the controller back, and once received, then a refund would be processed by Microsoft and it make take a matter of business days to reach your account based on your financial institutions process.

I understand that this can be disheartening or frustrating; however, I'm glad that you were able to be assisted in the correct manner and have received a refund for the controller so that you may replace it in your own time.

As the issue has been resolved for you in this manner, we'll be locking this thread at this time.
    If you ever require any help with any other issues, please feel free to come back to the Xbox Forums for further assistance and create a new thread. We will be more than happy to assist.

Thank you again and have a great day!
Thema:

1. New Controller not connecting to X Box One X - Similar Threads - Controller connecting Box

2. My xbox headset adaptor wont connect to the controller.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox headset adaptor wont connect to the controller.: It was working fine up until a few minutes ago, then I took the batteries out and placed new ones. When I turned on the controller again, the headset didn't connect so I tried clicking on the mute...
  3. Xbox won’t connect to TV and controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox won’t connect to TV and controller: My xbox one wont connect to my tv and controller yet when i turn it on, the xbox will turn on. Its connect to the wall and the tv. Does anyone have answers that coild help me?...
  4. Controller won't stay connected

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller won't stay connected: On my xbox one my controllers won't stay connected. I've tried every single trick; restart, unplug then turn on, try to sync, soft factory reset, different controllers. They will either initially...
  5. Controllers connecting but not responding on Xbox1

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controllers connecting but not responding on Xbox1: Hello - I'm hoping someone can help advise as I'm running out of options. I have an Xbox1 and the controllers are connecting to the console but they then simply stop responding after a short...
  6. Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 Bluetooth connectivity issues on Windows 10

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 Bluetooth connectivity issues on Windows 10: I have the infamous problem where my brand new Elite controller randomly disconnects while playing games. This causes the game to lag for a few seconds until it's completely disconnected. It stays...
  7. My Xbox 360 controller can't connect on my PC when it update to latest version of Windows 10

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox 360 controller can't connect on my PC when it update to latest version of Windows 10: My Xbox 360 wireless controller can't connect on my PC when it update to latest version of Windows 10 . How can I fix this problem ? [img] [img] 5da8bb59-d8e7-4832-b1c9-b970e3e34125
  8. How to disable XBOX ONE Wireless controller bluetooth/RF connection?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to disable XBOX ONE Wireless controller bluetooth/RF connection?: Hi everyone, I have connected the XBOX ONE wirelless controller to my XBOX using a USB cable and works fine. Now I want to disable/deactivate the Bluetooth/RF for the XBOX ONE wireless...
  9. Xbox one controller only works when PC not connected to TV

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox one controller only works when PC not connected to TV: So this is a strange one. I'd been having some issues with my xbox one controllers recently having issues like delayed inputs, buttons not responding, continued drift after releasing a joystick,...
  10. playing while the controller is connected via wire

in XBoX Games and Apps
    playing while the controller is connected via wire: Hi guys, I have bought an Xbox one x recently. somebody told me don't play while connecting the controller with wire to the device. It is going to damage your device ... is it true?..... Dose...