New Controller not connecting to X Box One X

Discus and support New Controller not connecting to X Box One X in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So I've just received a new standard Wireless controller direct from Microsoft that won't connect wirelessly. I've managed to get it to connect... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JemVanWin, Nov 8, 2019.

1. JemVanWin
    JemVanWin Guest

So I've just received a new standard Wireless controller direct from Microsoft that won't connect wirelessly.

I've managed to get it to connect momentarily but it disconnects almost instantly, like it hasn't got any range beyond a few centimetres.

Things I have tried based on advise found online to solve the problem.

I have tried doing hard restarts of the console which tends to allow it to connect for a brief amount of time as previously described.

Connecting via USB to check firmware, and it is fully up to date.

Connecting USB and then disconnecting the cable.

Using new batteries.

Older controllers still connect fine therefore I can confirm the issue is isolated to this one new controller.

:)

JemVanWin, Nov 8, 2019
  2. ThisGameIsSucky Win User

3. XBF Felixx P Win User

Hey JemVanWin!

Thanks for reaching out to Xbox forums support.

(One more time even though you said you've already tried it)

Go ahead and perform a hard reset and
    power cycle
    of your console. Hold down the power button on the console for about 10 seconds until it shuts down and then remove the power cable from the Xbox and the power outlet for about 5 minutes. Then re-connect and turn on the Xbox.

Next, if you haven't already done so, go ahead and try performing a Soft console Factory
    reset
    on your console by doing the following:

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    2. Select Settings.
    3. Select All Settings.
    4. Select System.
    5. Select Console info & updates.
    6. Select Reset console. [Keep my games and Apps]

Make sure you have both your email and password on hand as you will be asked to sign back in. There is an option to delete everything and to save your games and apps; choose the latter. This will reset
    the Operating system [OS] of the console and allow you a fresh start-up.

Once you've completed these 2 actions, Let us know if your new controller is able to connect.

Hope this helps!

Felix

Xbox forums support
  4. XBF Crystal P Win User

Hi there Jem,

Thanks for replying and update on the issue with the Xbox One controller syncing to the Xbox One X. I recommend to
    contact Customer Support for further assistance or visit the
    Device service and Repair
    site.

Give this a try and let us know the results.
  5. JemVanWin Win User

Followed the steps you've advised.

Still behaving the same way.

When trying to pair, the Xbox and Controller just flash and never connect.
  6. XBF Amber M Win User

Hi JemVanWin,

Thanks for updating us with your reply. Regarding the service ticket and the return label being for Germany, the Xbox Service Center for Europe is located in Germany, so this is standard. In the matter concerning the refund, it does take some time as you
    would need to ship the controller back, and once received, then a refund would be processed by Microsoft and it make take a matter of business days to reach your account based on your financial institutions process.

I understand that this can be disheartening or frustrating; however, I'm glad that you were able to be assisted in the correct manner and have received a refund for the controller so that you may replace it in your own time.

As the issue has been resolved for you in this manner, we'll be locking this thread at this time.
    If you ever require any help with any other issues, please feel free to come back to the Xbox Forums for further assistance and create a new thread. We will be more than happy to assist.

Thank you again and have a great day!
Thema:

1. New Controller not connecting to X Box One X - Similar Threads - Controller connecting Box

2. Xbox One X: Controller connects but is useless

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X: Controller connects but is useless: I dont know what the problem is. I am apart of the Xbox Insider skip ahead group. I recently turned my console to Instant-On to be able to do the project x cloud preview streaming(which never...
  3. Cant connect bluetooth controller to game streaming app

in XboX Insiders
    Cant connect bluetooth controller to game streaming app: I want to stream games from my console everything is checked off and now im at the point where i have to pair my controller and when i attempt to press the button for 3 seconds and check bluetooth...
  4. Elite v2 controller turns completely off only when connected to wireless adapter (will not...

in XBoX on Windows
    Elite v2 controller turns completely off only when connected to wireless adapter (will not...: My elite controller worked for a couple of days wireless with no issues. Today I get home from work and it disconnects from the computer and turns off all the way. I uninstalled the wireless...
  5. One X dropping controller connections

in XBoX on Consoles
    One X dropping controller connections: I have several controllers (all up to date on firmware) that my Xbox keeps dropping the connection on. I've been through all the standard troubleshooting steps online and I have a hard time...
  6. Mics not connecting to controllers multiple times.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mics not connecting to controllers multiple times.: Hi all, I've had repeated issues with mics after some time not connecting to my controllers. Putting in my mic into the controller simply does not recognise it. In party it shows "We were...
  7. How do you connect my Xbox 360 controller to the Xbox one streaming app on windows

in XBoX on Windows
    How do you connect my Xbox 360 controller to the Xbox one streaming app on windows: I have a Xbox 360 wireless adapter for my windows 10 computer. Every thing works but, when I connect to the Xbox one app the error message, "There is no controllers attached to this PC." can you...
  8. Connecting Xbox 1s controller to PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Connecting Xbox 1s controller to PC: I have connected my Xbox one S controller to my PC through a TP Link UB400 USB adapter (using CSR Bluetooth software that came with the adapter). My xbox beta, and xbox accessories apps don't seem...
  9. Controller Connection Displaying Error on phone

in XboX Insiders
    Controller Connection Displaying Error on phone: The device I am using for xcloud (actually multiple) will not pair with the controller and return an error mentioning a pin code. My controller is updated. submitted by /u/AnonymousPizzaRolls...
  10. When connecting a controller to my phone I just get this every time I tap to pair

in XboX Insiders
    When connecting a controller to my phone I just get this every time I tap to pair: [IMG] submitted by /u/sleepyvengeance [link] [comments]