New Family Plan with refined parental controls

Discus and support New Family Plan with refined parental controls in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; The family plan has been discussed in this forum before, but the discussion seems to be more about the cost savings than parental control. What I miss... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Joe terhune, Feb 21, 2014.

1. Joe terhune
    Joe terhune Guest

The family plan has been discussed in this forum before, but the discussion seems to be more about the cost savings than parental control. What I miss about the family plan was the ability to send allowance and easier parental controls.

I have three children and each has an Xbox 360. I was paying for gold for myself and my children before the family plan and was happy for the savings, but I would pay full price and perhaps a premium to have the service again with some additional features.
    The allowance feature was great, and the ease of setting parental controls was wonderful, but I would like a little more refinement.

As every parent knows, most of the better games out there are rated mature. There is swearing, gore, some nudity, and sexual situations that I would prefer my younger children not to be exposed to. Yes I can set the parental controls and keep my child
    from playing mature games, but if any child has access to play mature games then the others are smart enough to sign in as the child with access.

Many game developers have settings that allow the gamer to turn off the cursing and tone down the blood spatter (Gears of War). What I would like is the ability to make those settings on my child's profile and have all games respect that. I know many parents
    are concerned about game violence, but that seems to be the only focus. Most parents wouldn't mind letting their kids watch a western or old war movie where hundred's are shot and killed, but wouldn't want them watching an episode of Dexter where one person
    is killed. There is no technical reason why this can't be accomplished and really should have been the way the Entertainment Software Rating Board approached the issue.

Family settings should not be tied to the console, they should be tied to the gamer profile. I shouldn't have to configure each of the 4 consoles at my house to control which games my children can play, movies they watch, or how long they can play.
    Let me do it once and let me have access to change it through the parents live account so that I can manage it from anywhere.

Companies have been developing software that tracks everything you do online or on your phone and then changes your experience according to your preferences for years now. All I'm asking, is that game developers do the same.

:)

Joe terhune, Feb 21, 2014
  2. TragicSkies
    TragicSkies Guest
    Cannot download BF4 Beta

Interesting, Are you on a family plan? Are Parental Controls turned on?

TragicSkies, Feb 21, 2014
  3. juan van
    juan van Guest
    juan van, Feb 21, 2014
  4. juan van Win User

I Cannot Add Another User To My Family Account

Is the new GT of the same region as the family plan?

The Parent Lock might have something to do with it, if the Parent on the family plan is not the same parent that is linked to this GT.
  5. TragicSkies Win User

Cannot download BF4 Beta

Interesting, Are you on a family plan? Are Parental Controls turned on?
  6. ngocphi Win User

Refund on purchases

You can have your child on a controlled child account or make a family plan and put parental controls on his account by adding him to the family plan

There is no refunds for digital purchases as there is no way to return the item or ensure you deleted it
  7. juan van Win User

Family/Individual timer settings

8. VibroPlex Win User

Remove me from a family account.

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/billing-and-subscriptions/parental-controls/managing-family-members#9bbb75968bc4439da8b0b887b2aeb705 shows
    how to remove yourself from the Family Plan.
Thema:

1. New Family Plan with refined parental controls - Similar Threads - Family Plan refined

2. Xbox LIve Gold family plan no longer works?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox LIve Gold family plan no longer works?: I've had it since the beginning but now it seems to have disappeared only I have it not my wife 62169401-138c-41e5-b312-5d284d3afea3
  3. Is Xbox ever going to bring back something similar to the family plan

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is Xbox ever going to bring back something similar to the family plan: I used the family plan for my kids and myself. Having to pay for 4 accounts would suck and sharing one account sucks as well. We are all under the same roof sharing the same IP network. Isn't...
  4. Keep losing Family plan family

in XBoX Accessibility
    Keep losing Family plan family: Wince making my kids part of my home xbox, it works for awhile, then stops. This has happened forever. How can it be fixed adad8734-b44f-4d4d-bc43-6763497964ed
  5. family plan need to be back so my family can play with me on game as customer quest

in XBoX Games and Apps
    family plan need to be back so my family can play with me on game as customer quest: as customer quest deal for my family sale. sec thing make more family game for everyone.... so if i want to buy a game for my family . 433814f3-cd1c-4f2e-b8cf-3cad37e7aac1
  6. family plan convenience

in XBoX Games and Apps
    family plan convenience: Well it's kind of sad i have to get rid of xbox live after having accounts for almost 9 years. Ever since about 4 or so years ago I haven't had the time to play much on live, but i kept my account...
  7. Family plan

in XBoX on Consoles
    Family plan: I have 1 son that has an Xbox one and one that has a Xbox 360. Is there a way to have both connected to My live account without having to pay for an additional live account?...
  8. Family Plan Email Issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Family Plan Email Issue: I used to be on a family plan but when those were first disbanded I was assigned the email *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. ***. This email cannot connect to any other...
  9. Xbox Live Family Sharing Plans - Ideas

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Live Family Sharing Plans - Ideas: Hello, I play Xbox all day when I'm not working and so does my family, and up until recently we shared my Xbox one console for gold and other such services, but now I bought everyone their own...
  10. Expiring family plan

in XBoX on Consoles
    Expiring family plan: Two questions- 1. My family plan is set to expire in two months. Is there a way to remove a profile and add a new one for the remainder of the term? 2, If not, how do I ensure the unwanted...