New features!

Discus and support New features! in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; It would be nice to have an Xbox One screen related feature, for example pin screen, or something else! submitted by /u/xRenanferraz [link] [comments] Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/xRenanferraz, Sep 17, 2019.

1. New features!

It would be nice to have an Xbox One screen related feature, for example pin screen, or something else!

submitted by /u/xRenanferraz
    [link] [comments]

/u/xRenanferraz, Sep 17, 2019
  2. Jagriff-02937283-F24 Win User

New Features?

[quote user="Mister Chompski"]

[quote user="Jagriff"]

I want K/D removed as a stat because it shows nothing by the way of skill. It encourages anti-team play and the public obsession of that stat makes the game less fun. An emphasis should be put on stats like SPM, where teamwork is the main point.

KDR is an unhealthy obsession but SPM also has its flaws. Lone-wolf mentalities are born of selfishness but also imcompetance on behalf of teammates and also design choices. Why take a point in Dom when it takes an enemy 5 seconds
    to traverse the map to reach you (and they know your location)? For what? I get more XP if I slaughter enemies and lose than to win by objective suiciding. It's an unbalanced point system and small maps that encourage it.

[/quote]

[/quote]

It does have it's flaws but it is the most effective showcase of individual skill that I've found. If everyone played with SPM in mind rather than K/D, the game would be so much more fun in objective gamemodes. Yeah, it's easier to win by two-capping and
    spawn killing...but it's a ton more fun to go for the 3 cap.

In a competitive playlist where you go in with a party, win/loss (or better yet TrueSkill) is much better suited. But for regular matches with join in progress and all of the other variables, I can't think of anything better than SPM.
  3. IsaacClarkeSNL Win User

New Features?

Anyone else think the prestige feature is stupid anyways? I prestige once to unlock challenges, and thats it.
  4. Hanzo Storm Bow Win User

New Features?

[quote user="Jagriff"]

Their goal isn't to make a balanced game...it is to make a game very attractive to new gamers. This is essentially the opposite of a balanced game, since most new gamers don't want to climb the skill ladder just to get a single kill. This is how the whole
    idea of perks and kill streaks came about. I still contend that the mere presence of those things in the game make it uncompetitive - thus unbalanced.

Agree with most of that. I'm sure perks and KSR's can be incorporated with skill, it's just that COD doesn't wish to do that.

I want K/D removed as a stat because it shows nothing by the way of skill. It encourages anti-team play and the public obsession of that stat makes the game less fun. An emphasis should be put on stats like SPM, where teamwork is the main point.

KDR is an unhealthy obsession but SPM also has its flaws. Lone-wolf mentalities are born of selfishness but also imcompetance on behalf of teammates and also design choices. Why take a point in Dom when it takes an enemy 5 seconds
    to traverse the map to reach you (and they know your location)? For what? I get more XP if I slaughter enemies and lose than to win by objective suiciding. It's an unbalanced point system and small maps that encourage it.

Halo 3's TrueSkill was good. The system showed a level of performance (CoD3 had the same thing). However, in comparison, the rankings and unlocks in COD are merely time-based and are really just ways to keep people interested on the surface, but no matter
    how long no real depth is achieved.

I was a huge fan of Halo 3 TruSkill. Best system I've experienced.

[/quote]
  5. Hanzo Storm Bow Win User

New Features?

[quote user="IsaacClarkeSNL"]

You want my honest opinion? Don't buy Black Ops 2. If you are playing Black Ops or Modern Warfare 3 and are enjoying them, who says you have to move on to the next game because it's the latest?

[/quote]

Except, with many, Blops has been played to its limit, MW3 was crappy or got boring, so now Blops2 is the definate COD that most will be playing. Unless you're a dedicated fan, COD's are not intended to be played longer than 1
    year. Otherwise, they would not break records every year. They could make a quality and long lasting game but that goes against their money making strategy.
  6. Austin Rossi Win User

New Features?

I just wish Call of Duty wasn't all about the money, because then they could make a game every OTHER year and have more time to make it worth my $60.
Thema:

New features!

1. New features! - Similar Threads - features

2. Game clip trim feature fails, for years now, still.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game clip trim feature fails, for years now, still.: I can't even find the specific category to report this on the console. I've reported this at least half a dozen times on the console directly. I make clips to report problems with games. If I...
  3. Accessibility Feature

in XBoX Accessibility
    Accessibility Feature: Microsoft is an AMAZING company and is always evolving, and with that their is always learning to do. Over the last year or so I have watched Microsoft implement many features that aid individuals...
  4. Accessibility Features that would help w/Language and Articulation Barriers.

in XboX Insiders
    Accessibility Features that would help w/Language and Articulation Barriers.: Microsoft is an AMAZING company and is always evolving, and with that their is always learning to do. Over the last year or so I have watched Microsoft implement many features that aid individuals...
  5. Abusing the "follow player" feature

in XBoX on Consoles
    Abusing the "follow player" feature: I have been having this issue for almost a years time. The "follow player" feature needs to be optional. I am being harassed by a player who continues to make fake profiles to follow me and try to...
  6. Possible Ideas for Features in the Future

in XBoX Accessibility
    Possible Ideas for Features in the Future: I was chatting with some agents from Microsoft and they instructed me to ask some questions on here. To any design team workers/Microsoft helpers. Will the new Xbox Series X be able to play...
  7. A feature I'd like to see come back.

in XboX Insiders
    A feature I'd like to see come back.: Back in the xbox 360 era, you could download your gamertag/profile onto a thumbdrive and play on different xboxes. This seems to be a feature eluded or unevolved with the xbox one. I know there is...
  8. Xbox 360 won’t load games “feature temporarily unavailable”

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 won’t load games “feature temporarily unavailable”: Hi- havent turned the xbox on in a year or so. Turned on, did all the updates, signed in with app-specific password to my account. But i cant load anynof my games on the hdd. Status code error...
  9. New Xbox Live Feature

in XBoX on Consoles
    New Xbox Live Feature: The recent update on xbox im not keen on just the overall layout is different 0077e907-98d9-4c1c-8a5c-f5e3d7e00d00
  10. Two questions 'Xbox One X Enhanced' game features on Xbox One S

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Two questions 'Xbox One X Enhanced' game features on Xbox One S: Hello, I have an Xbox One S that is currently running at 120hz at 1080p with a compatible freesync Monitor. Is it possible to play 'Xbox One X Enhanced' games on Xbox one S with limited...