New multiple network router requires restart of router for Xbox 360 media center to PC...

Discus and support New multiple network router requires restart of router for Xbox 360 media center to PC... in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; New multiple network router requires restart of router for Xbox 360 media center to PC Media Center Setup. PC connected to XBox 360 using wired... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by RTOates, Jul 20, 2020.

1. RTOates
    RTOates Guest

New multiple network router requires restart of router for Xbox 360 media center to PC...

New multiple network router requires restart of router for Xbox 360 media center to PC Media Center
    Setup. PC connected to XBox 360 using wired connection with Netgear AC 1900, using a Netgear 4 port switch. This connection worked fine until I upgraded to the router. Now when I try to connect the Xbox using Media Center, receive error message the
    PC cannot be found. The solution I have found is to restart the router and the connection is made. (Resetting the switch does not solve the issue.

:)

RTOates, Jul 20, 2020
  2. e-Musty Win User

Only every second mp3 is played from albums in WMC

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I have restarted the router, the XBox and the computer. Actually I can access all media using the built in video and audio player, but I could not start Media Center. Do I have to start the Media Center application on my PC to get this
    to work? I thought the numerous processes of Media Center work as a kind of server, but the console can not connect to the computer, although the Windows Media Center test passes on the XBox.
  3. Mister Parks Win User

Only every second mp3 is played from albums in WMC

Hello krank 6079,

First, have a look at the setup steps from Kiesey's very helpful forum post titled

Streaming Media from your PC to your Xbox 360
    . Go through and confirm those settings.

Once you've done that, turn off your computer and Xbox 360, and do a proper network restart by unplugging your modem and router, leave them unplugged for a couple of minutes, then plug in modem, wait ~1 minute, plug in router, wait ~1 minute.

Then turn on your computer, let it boot to desktop, then fire up your Xbox 360 and try the Media Center connection again.

Let us know if that helps. Thanks!
  4. SmellierPilot58 Win User

connecting to computer using ethernet cable.

Yes I get an Error. The console give me this xxxx-xxxx number I type into computer media center but media center can't find the extender.

If I go to settings network on console, choose wired network and try see connected PC no PCs are found. The console displays the it can reach the network but it can't reach the computer. The same with media center network check.

If I switch to wireless everything runs smoothly.

I also thought that there has to be some firewall activated in the router but, if I connect my laptop on the same cable as console was connected to, I can reach the computer, go through the shared directories and so on. All the devieces are connected to
    the LAN part of the router.

I have tried to ping the console while it was wire connected but no success. Is it possible at all to ping the console? Are there any tests that I could go trough?
  5. Samuel3201 Win User

I can't read my PC through the XBox

Hello user,

This is a hunch, but try this:

1.) Uninstall McAfee

2.) Reinstall McAfee

3.) Restart PC.

4.) Press WIN KEY + R

5.) On the Run dialog box, type services.msc

6.) Scroll down and find the following services:

-Windows Windows Media Center Extender Service

-Windows Media Center Receiver Service

-Windows Media Center Scheduler Service

-Windows Media Center Service Launcher

*make sure all these services are "enabled"

If they are not enabled, right-click each of them and select "Start service"

7.) If you still have trouble connecting, turn off the Xbox, turn off your pc. Unplug your router for 15 minutes, and plug it back in. Turn on PC, then turn on Xbox. Try running Windows Media Center.

I can almost guarantee if you finish these steps, it will work again.
  6. OCRyzen Win User

Streaming Question

The USB port or WIFi Dongle on/for a router is for PC Connection only & you will need Windows Media Center to stream etc...
Thema:

1. New multiple network router requires restart of router for Xbox 360 media center to PC... - Similar Threads - multiple network router

2. Xbox networking windows 10 high latency and multiple different errors.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox networking windows 10 high latency and multiple different errors.: My Ping is extremely high as well as my packet loss. It only occurs on games that run on xbox servers and the main page of answers for this I've already tried. It works fine on the occasion but...
  3. "Multiple networks with the same name have been found" after name change.

in XBoX on Consoles
    "Multiple networks with the same name have been found" after name change.: I have an old Xbox 360 that was connected to my apartments wifi connection. We recently changed the wifi name to something else, and now when I try to connect to it through the 360, a message...
  4. How to open Ports for multiple XBOXs in a single network.

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to open Ports for multiple XBOXs in a single network.: Having problems with several games now.... Anthem, Apex, etc. Multiplayer games where connections issues are suddenly a problem. The suggested solutions are to use Port Forwarding and open the...
  5. Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: Multiple Xbox Consoles on One Network

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: Multiple Xbox Consoles on One Network: Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: Multiple Xbox Consoles on One Network I’ve actually been having a similar issue, although I do have more devices connected. I’m gonna run through...
  6. Save Multiple Wireless Networks (Xbox One S)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Save Multiple Wireless Networks (Xbox One S): Hello Community! In the last few days I've decided to join the Xbox crowd by buying a Xbox One S. So far I haven't regret my decision :). But there is one thing that hits my setup pretty badly:...
  7. Duplicate Network - Multiple networks with the same SSID found

in XBoX on Consoles
    Duplicate Network - Multiple networks with the same SSID found: Hi, I recently changed my netgear router as the old one was faulty. I now get a message multiple SSID found when I try to connect to the internet. I presume the old cache is still in the system?...
  8. System Updates and Content Downloads - Multiple Devices on the same network

in XBoX on Consoles
    System Updates and Content Downloads - Multiple Devices on the same network: I have multiple Xbox One consoles on the same local network. It's a little frustrating to see that ALL console have to download HUGE updates across my broadband rather than being able to pull...
  9. Best modem/router or router for multiple Xbox One consoles on same network

in XBoX on Consoles
    Best modem/router or router for multiple Xbox One consoles on same network: Hey guys, I've got multiple Xbox One consoles as well as Playstation 4 and I'm unable to obtain multiple OPEN NAT with the modem/router combo provided by Comcast. It's an **** TG1682G and I've...
  10. Router for multiple xboxs on one network

in XBoX on Consoles
    Router for multiple xboxs on one network: I'm getting ready to buy a new router and wanted to get feedback on routers that would support two xboxs on one network. I'm looking at the netgear nighthawk 6 ac3200. But would buy a cheaper...