new update ruined the 4k display

Discus and support new update ruined the 4k display in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; i’m an alpha skip ahead, i’m about to unenroll because this is getting ridiculous. i’ve spent hours today trying to fix the 4k settings on my xbox one... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Charbooble, Dec 6, 2019.

1. new update ruined the 4k display

i’m an alpha skip ahead, i’m about to unenroll because this is getting ridiculous. i’ve spent hours today trying to fix the 4k settings on my xbox one x after the update.

when on 4k uhd, the background, guide, and dashboard icons should be pure BLACK... not a nasty washed out grey. all my games are washed out grey, not showing vivid colors and it’s disgusting.

normally washed out games happen when my hdr is on for games that support hdr, that’s why i have hdr always turned off. it’s still off and now all my games are washed out.

my 4k tv details says my tv doesn’t support all features except 4k uhd at 60 hz. which is wrong because just before this update, they were all green check marked. not to mention, the green check marks appear when i turn on hdr. which has nothing to do with half the games i play.

so what’s going on, is it time i opt out of alpha? is anyone else having this nasty problem?

submitted by /u/Charbooble
    [link] [comments]

/u/Charbooble, Dec 6, 2019
  2. XBF Brad A Win User

Xbox One X Problem with Hdr on LG E9

Hi Bonney,

Thanks for the update on the issue. When you go into your 4K settings, is everything checked green? This is under Display and sound on far right says 4k details if 4k and HDR is running correctly all will be green.

Thanks,

Brad
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

Do I need a new TV? (Skyrim Special Edition and the new Xbox One S)

Skyrim won't be 4K, it's basically running an updated engine with new graphical effects at 1080p - Think Skyrim with Fallout 4 visuals. So will Skyrim look nice? Absolutely yes, no question. If Skyrim supports HDR, which it most likely will, then yes,
    it would look better on a HDR supported TV. As far as I've seen HDR is only on 4K TV's, I have not seen it on 1080p displays. HDR is a hardware display technology, to see HDR, you'll need an HDR TV and the content you are watching or playing needs to be
    HDR.

The Xbox One S's 4K abilities are only confined to video playback via from UHD Blu-ray or 4K capable streaming.
  4. Neoprime Win User

PROBLEM WITH PATCH OF XBOX ONE X

I too am having issues that makes the game unplayable on Xbox one X. This 4k upgrade has ruined the game and it needs fixing asap, especially since this game is one MS has used to promote the 4k aspects of the new system.
  5. T3chnlgydude Win User

4K content

The Xbox One will only output at 1080p

The Xbox One S features 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray, 4K video streaming and High Dynamic Range (HDR) for games and video. In addition to supporting 4K video content when used in conjunction with a 4K TV, Xbox One S will also upscale non-4K content
    to display at 4K when paired with a 4K TV. When you set your console resolution to 4K UHD, everything on the console — Home, games, and apps—will display at 4K. 4K content is displayed in its native 4K resolution, and other content (like 1080p content) is
    upscaled to 4K.

The Xbox One X - 4K content is displayed in its native 4K resolution, and other content (like games encoded for 1080p) is upscaled to 4K

More info:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/4k-on-xbox-one
  6. MattyMidway Win User

Somethings wrong with my Xbox One S

Hey...were you trying to display in 4k on a 4k compatible tv by chance?
Thema:

new update ruined the 4k display

1. new update ruined the 4k display - Similar Threads - update ruined display

2. Another update ruined my game... Any reasonable way to prevent this?

in XboX Insiders
    Another update ruined my game... Any reasonable way to prevent this?: [IMG] submitted by /u/its_kuarters [link] [comments]
  3. Lastest insider update ruined Sonic sound option

in XboX Insiders
    Lastest insider update ruined Sonic sound option: After the recent 430 mb update I got last night. Whenever I plugged in my headset every noise sounded robotic, switched to normal stereo and the issue is gone. Anyone else experiencing this?...
  4. New Aquatic Update for Minecraft Ruined my Save

in XBoX Games and Apps
    New Aquatic Update for Minecraft Ruined my Save: Hello, A save that I've had since the original 360 release and upgraded it to the XBOX One edition, then to the Bedrock edition, added to realms so I can play it on Windows 10, downloaded the...
  5. Last Update has Ruined The Game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Last Update has Ruined The Game: Ever since the last update the game is ruined, as it keeps locking up and will not play. the only way that I can unfreeze it is to reboot. I used to enjoy playing this game but now that pleasure...
  6. Creators Update ruining PC games!!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Creators Update ruining PC games!!: Note: I'm using BF1 as a primary example, as it suffers the most from this issue, but unfortunately this issue is affecting all of my other games across the board. Ever since I have updated my PC...
  7. Update from Microsoft ruined My Xbox One

in XBoX on Consoles
    Update from Microsoft ruined My Xbox One: Hello There, I was a happy and loyal Microsoft Customer but for the past couple of days I sincerely regret choosing Xbox One over PS4. I was happily playing Kinect Sports Rivals with my Daughter...
  8. Updated homepage ruined the

in XBoX on Consoles
    Updated homepage ruined the: Ever since the update to the dashboard, I can't start or join parties. I can't install or update games. I've done hard resets and nothing happens. What do I need to do?...
  9. Update ruined my box

in XBoX on Consoles
    Update ruined my box: the update completely ruined my Xbox. I called Xbox support spoke to somebody for an hour doing the troubleshooting steps going through them after they took my phone number down in case we get...
  10. LAtest UPDATE RUINING XBOX !!!

in XBoX on Consoles
    LAtest UPDATE RUINING XBOX !!!: THe latest update, I already complained and got ridiculed by a staff member ... But it doesn't allow the xbox to turn off by any means, except unplugging. It goes into a sleep mode, which means...