New Xbox 360 controller constantly disconnects

Discus and support New Xbox 360 controller constantly disconnects in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; i have had my xbox 360 for a little over a year and just now decided to get a second wireless controller. But when me and my wife play together, both... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Darth Lunchbox8, Feb 15, 2014.

1. New Xbox 360 controller constantly disconnects

i have had my xbox 360 for a little over a year and just now decided to get a second wireless controller. But when me and my wife play together, both controllers disconnect randomly. But when only one of them is on we don't have this problem. Is there anyway
    to fix this issue?

:)

Darth Lunchbox8, Feb 15, 2014
  2. Controller keeps disconnecting

I bought a new controller the other day, and at first it was working fine but now it disconnects constantly. 5 to 10 times every hour or so. Whenever it disconnects, we get disconnected from xbox live and our other controller disconnects too. I've hard
    reset, and resynced the controller, but nothing helps.

Despised Archon, Feb 15, 2014
  3. Controller disconnects constantly

Thanks for linking them up. There's also this thread, which I posted on back in June:

forums.xbox.com/.../4789666.aspx

(I created a new thread because I read the mods asked people to create new threads to get individual support...we'll see.)

FattyMoBookyBut, Feb 15, 2014
  4. New Xbox 360 controller constantly disconnects

And i just found out that when im playing a game by myself with the new controller ot will randomly disconnect as well

Darth Lunchbox8, Feb 15, 2014
  5. Darth Lunchbox8 Win User

And i just found out that when im playing a game by myself with the new controller ot will randomly disconnect as well
  6. NITRO 187 Win User

Controller constantly disconnects...

No "Profit" on this answer as I have tried that solution,I've looked all over these forums and tried every possible suggestion.It has to be a software issue.It would not be horrible if I could play wired but that causes the controllers to act like they have
    a mind of their own,and yes I said controllers,plural because I've tested 3 separate controllers.Im not sending in my XboxOne for repair because others with the same problem got it back with the same problem.Its not interference because nothing has changed
    prior to the last update.
  7. NewBlacksmurf Win User

Controller disconnects constantly

8. dearjenna Win User

Hey everyone affected,

To be clear, are you seeing this with multiple controllers on the same console? If so, this could be something w/the console's ability to connect rather than the controllers'. I have a few steps I recommend:

1. Test any of these disconnecting controllers on a friend's console.

-- If they connect and work fine on another console, this definitely points to your console.

2. Another similar test is to test these controllers wired via a microUSB cable and see if they connect and work fine.

3. If everything checks out wired and with another console, a repair may be necessary for your console. You can find out more about that here:

support.xbox.com/.../getting-your-product-serviced
  9. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Thema:

1. New Xbox 360 controller constantly disconnects - Similar Threads - 360 controller constantly

2. Where’s the spring in the 360 controller’s trigger?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Where’s the spring in the 360 controller’s trigger?: The spring in my 360 controller’s right trigger seems to have been disconnected somehow. The button still sends a signal, but it doesn’t spring back up when I depress it; I have to pull it back...
  3. extension cable for xbox 360 controller

in XBoX on Windows
    extension cable for xbox 360 controller: Hi Can anyone point me in the direction as to where I can obtain an extension cable for xbox360 controller ? I need it so I can use it from one end of my flat to the other. Thanks Habib...
  4. 360 controller won't sync

in XBoX on Consoles
    360 controller won't sync: I have an xbox 360 Elite. I use wireless form and wife and wired for my kids. Oneday when i was at work my kids started using the wireless controllers and lost them. When i finally found them i...
  5. x-360 controller

in XBoX on Windows
    x-360 controller: i bought a x360 controller to play games on my PC, when i try installing it say compatibility issue . please help guys ,what should i do 7d05a0b4-8b35-4d6a-be2b-4ac535b13932
  6. xbox 360 controller frequently disconnects on PC

in XBoX Accessibility
    xbox 360 controller frequently disconnects on PC: Hello, I have windows 10 with a microsoft xbox 360 wireless receiver and xbox 360 controller. The usb ports on my desktop works fine and the controller has over half battery left yet it has been...
  7. joy.cpl dont see xbox 360 controller in Win10

in XBoX on Windows
    joy.cpl dont see xbox 360 controller in Win10: I connect my controller Win10. But it see in device manager like this but joy.cpl dont see it. I dont know what i do wrong (i do last driver update and windows update.) [img]...
  8. Control Parental Xbox 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    Control Parental Xbox 360: Hola, hace 1 dia compre una xbox 360 E de segunda mano, y cuando voy a jugar los multijugador o a descargar juegos, me pide la contraseña de control parental, La Interfaz del Xbox 360 es la...
  9. Xbox 360 controller disconnecting frequently

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 controller disconnecting frequently: I have an official Xbox 360 controller and a controller charger that may be off brand. It turns the controller on I can use it but certain actions in certain games cause it to disconnect. For...
  10. Wired 360 controller is causing constant beeping and seems to shut down other usb devices

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wired 360 controller is causing constant beeping and seems to shut down other usb devices: It started a few days ago, playing dark souls 2 on steam, and the few fixes I found online don't seem to do anything. Anyone get this/get it fixed? 708186e0-c3c2-4335-bd9f-5fcd7c1a96e4