New Xbox controller charger port becoming loose and not working

Discus and support New Xbox controller charger port becoming loose and not working in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; By loose I mean you have to push the usb c cable in for it to work or at an angle. Just bought and tried a new cable with the same issue so the... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/mattmoo567, Jan 14, 2021.

1. New Xbox controller charger port becoming loose and not working

By loose I mean you have to push the usb c cable in for it to work or at an angle. Just bought and tried a new cable with the same issue so the controller is definitely at fault. Anyone else having this issue?

submitted by /u/mattmoo567
    [link] [comments]

/u/mattmoo567, Jan 14, 2021
  2. SplattedPumpkin Win User

2 controllers broke after update!

Found a fix for this, the things in the link above didn't work, from doing a bit of googling a few people recommended using a phone charger wire connected to the USB port of the xbox that fits the controller instead of the xbox charger wire. In my case it
    was a blackberry charger but theres a few that work.

I held down the power button and the 2 buttons next to it for about 10 seconds and then the controller started working again! No idea why but now both the 'broken' controllers are working fine!
  3. FaMeBlOoD69 Win User

controller won't sync with console (already tried new batteries) all lights flashing

there is a button to the left of where you plug in the charger press that and the button by the usb port on your xbox at the same time and it should sync if not the new control would be the second option
  4. DHG Grandma Win User

Play & Charge Kit won't charge properly?

Try charging your xbox controller with a pc since the charger uses a usb port to connect to the xbox. If that doesn't fix it that means there's a short in the cable and you have to buy another cable. I'm pretty sure you will have to buy a new charger cable,
    but who knows. It is worth a try.
  5. Buy A Xbox One Win User

Xbox One Standard Headset

mine does the same thing. i get it to work sometimes by blowing into the controller port, restarting my xbox or just plugging in my charger. i have had this problem for a while now
  6. AridLizard Win User

How did your steaks on the controller keep moving on their own?

is this a wired controller?

if it is wired it will do that if the cores or interior insulation of the cable has become damaged or the USB socket on the controller has become loose.
Thema:

New Xbox controller charger port becoming loose and not working

1. New Xbox controller charger port becoming loose and not working - Similar Threads - controller charger port

2. Xbox Core Controller Won't charger im on PC

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Core Controller Won't charger im on PC: hey i bought the controllers days ago and it came with that pen battery's that chargerable it worked for few days to recharger than it got dumped not working anymore i thought its problem with...
  3. Does anyone know what type of charger cable should be used for a Xbox Series X controller...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does anyone know what type of charger cable should be used for a Xbox Series X controller...: Hey everyone, I noticed that the XBSX does not come with a charger cable for the new controller. I personally need a 10 foot cable as my couch is about 8 feet away from where my console is. I...
  4. controller charger Kit.

in XBoX Accessibility
    controller charger Kit.: Hi I have very strange problem, with my xbox one controller. And the problem is my xbox one charger kit. when i am charging it, it says on the screen of the xbox its charging, but i leave to...
  5. Using my portable charger with my xbox controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Using my portable charger with my xbox controller: Hi, my AA batteries died in my xbox one controller and I didn't have anymore batteries. I went on YouTube and I tried and a video told me that I can plug my controller into an outlet with a phone...
  6. Xbox series x controller charger

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x controller charger: I just recently purchased a xbox one elite series 2 controller and it comes with a usb type c cable for charging. will the xbox series x controller be charged by batteries, usb type c, or micro...
  7. charger for the controllers...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    charger for the controllers...: Hello again, I love asking questions this way. Thank you for the prompt and helpful answers. Once the green light is on for the xbox controllers do you leave the charger on or turn off? Thank...
  8. Is it safe to charge my Elite 2 controller by plugging phone charger to official dock that...

in XBoX on Windows
    Is it safe to charge my Elite 2 controller by plugging phone charger to official dock that...: I have a wall charger I use for my Xiaomi Mi 8 phone which outputs 2.4A at 5V and I have the official Elite 2 Charging Dock that came with the controller (see picture below). Can I safely plug my...
  9. Is there a standalone Microsoft XB1 controller battery charger?

in XBoX on Windows
    Is there a standalone Microsoft XB1 controller battery charger?: I purchased 2 Microsoft XB1 plug and play gets so that I have an extra battery. I use the Controller Wireless adapter to connect the controller to my PC. Unfortunately my PC's USB ports are fully,...
  10. Xbox one controller usb plug/charger plug not connecting and falls right oit

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox one controller usb plug/charger plug not connecting and falls right oit: I need help or any solutions when I try to put the usb/charger in the controller it kinda goes in we’re it just kinda falls out and it dose not connect I was getting up and I kinda tripped on the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox one controller charger loose