New Xbox One Console: unable to update - unknown error 0x8b050037 0x00000000 0x00000200

Discus and support New Xbox One Console: unable to update - unknown error 0x8b050037 0x00000000 0x00000200 in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I've just plugged in my new xbox One X and it requires an update before progressing further. The update however is unsuccessful and returns an error... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Fragbait Dax, Sep 12, 2019 at 9:43 AM.

1. Fragbait Dax
    Fragbait Dax Guest

New Xbox One Console: unable to update - unknown error 0x8b050037 0x00000000 0x00000200

I've just plugged in my new xbox One X and it requires an update before progressing further. The update however is unsuccessful and returns an error code: 0x8b050037 0x00000000 0x00000200

I've searched for this code on the Xbox site and it cannot find a matching result.

I've verified that the Xbox has an active Internet connection (cabled, no chance of wi-fi drop out or interference) and have attempted to engage the update several times now, always with the same result.

I'm not sure why the console can deliver an error code that the xbox site can't locate a match for. That seems like a major oversight.

So, any ideas on what the problem is and how I overcome it? All help is greatly appreciated!

:)

Fragbait Dax, Sep 12, 2019 at 9:43 AM
  2. Fragbait Dax Win User

Xbox support couldn't resolve the issue because the code isn't listed in their system. That's an oversight that should be addressed.

I ran through all the troubleshooter guides without success.

I powered down the console, waited 10 minutes, powered up again, and still stuck.

Ultimately I turned the thing off for the night and it had self resolved by the morning.

In the morning though I had the new problem, no content loading in the store area and continually stuck at trying to add a new profile. Selecting this just caused a spinning white circle to activate for about 10 minutes till the console eventually gave up.
    Tried this numerous times without success.

LB + RB + Y eventually forced the store area to load items but didn't fix the profile problem.

Final course of action was to reset the console through the settings functionality. Even this hung for about 10 minutes before it would properly load and allow me to select reset.

This finally did the trick. I now have a functioning Xbox One X but wow, what an ordeal! I can imagine that some people less tenacious, or with less technical ability, might have just given up and taken the console back to the store. It really shouldn't
    have been this hard!

Thanks for everyone for their assistance, I really appreciate it!
  3. Exodus Scalpel Win User

Try a hard reset by holding down the power button for 10 seconds until the console shuts off.

Unplug the power cable and wait for 5 min before plugging in back in.

That might fix the problem
  4. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

5. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

Thanks for letting us know you have a working console again.
  6. CrunkMunk Win User

Thema:

1. New Xbox One Console: unable to update - unknown error 0x8b050037 0x00000000 0x00000200 - Similar Threads - Console unable update

2. Unable to sign in to the Xbox Beta or Console companion apps. Errors while downloading from...

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to sign in to the Xbox Beta or Console companion apps. Errors while downloading from...: The error code i receive is "0x80048888". But when I click it to get a solution, the site says that the code doesn't exist. As stated in the subject line, I'm unable to sign in to those apps, but...
  3. Xbox one keeps showing “applying update” every time I reset or turn on console, unable to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one keeps showing “applying update” every time I reset or turn on console, unable to...: So i have an original xboxone model and havent played it or even had it plugged in since maybe september. I went to boot it up today knowing there would probably be an update. So it appeared to...
  4. Console unable to access internet via wire after 01/02/19 console update and hard reboot

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Console unable to access internet via wire after 01/02/19 console update and hard reboot: Console unable to access internet via wire after 01/02/19 console update and hard reboot Thank you everyone for assistance. As it turns out my Verizon Fios router blocked the Xbox after it ran an...
  5. Known Issue: Users Unable To Launch Some Apps on New Xbox One Consoles After 1811 Update

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Known Issue: Users Unable To Launch Some Apps on New Xbox One Consoles After 1811 Update: Hello Gamers, We wanted to make sure you were aware of a workaround we have identified for an issue that a small set of users may be hitting with various apps like the Avatar Editor or Microsoft...
  6. Since insider update I have been unable to use my console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Since insider update I have been unable to use my console: I downloaded an update for the insider programme earlier in the year. I had not problems at the time of the update, but I have been unable to use my console since. Whenever I power up the...
  7. my xbox 360 console is unable to update from its hard drive how can i fix it.

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox 360 console is unable to update from its hard drive how can i fix it.: i keep getting status code 3080 3cd6 2800 0f00 c000 0034 on my xbox 360 console it is updating from the hard drive but it is not reading the disk what are my options please....
  8. Unable to wake Xbox One from Windows streaming app, also console does not update games in ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to wake Xbox One from Windows streaming app, also console does not update games in ...: Guys, I would really appreciate your help. I have an Xbox One day one edition hardwired to my router and I have the following two problems: 1) My Xbox One is set to always on but has never...
  9. Unable to Update Console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to Update Console: Is anyone else not able to complete the system update? 3.5gig one. Just want to play halo on my only day off but have come home to it not wanting to complete. Says there is an error. Ive checked...
  10. Unable to download profile on Xbox 360 console after email update.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to download profile on Xbox 360 console after email update.: I deleted my profile and attempted to download it again as instructed by customer support. Xbox freezes after choosing where to save the profile. Spent an hour with customer support on the phone...