New Xbox One controller keeps disconnecting from console

Discus and support New Xbox One controller keeps disconnecting from console in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi All, I bought a new xbox one controller (wireless) to use with my xbox one S roughly two months ago. The controller worked perfectly for a couple... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ConscriptMender, Oct 20, 2019.

1. New Xbox One controller keeps disconnecting from console

Hi All,

I bought a new xbox one controller (wireless) to use with my xbox one S roughly two months ago. The controller worked perfectly for a couple of weeks and then began disconnecting mid use every 30 seconds to 30 minutes, with power still being supplied by
    the battery pack. My other controller (also wireless) that came with the console is not experiencing any issues so i doubt its a problem with the console or surrounding devices. I have checked for controller and console updates at least twice a day, re-synched
    both controllers, and have also power cycled my console daily after use. Any recommendations on the next step, whether there's a method i haven't tried or if i should trade it in for a new one as its still under warranty.

Many thanks in advance.

:)

ConscriptMender, Oct 20, 2019
  2. NW EXPRESS Win User

Controller keeps disconnecting from Xbox One

My controller keeps disconnecting from my xbox. I have bought new controllers and it still disconnects even with the new controller. I have the Day one xbox. Any help will be nice.
  3. skylaar Win User

If you are not able to return the controller to a store, you can use the Online repair order request. Log in to your microsoft account and locate your Xbox under devices. Start the process to schedule a repair on the system and after a screen or two you
    will be able to select an Accessory and the Controller instead of the system. I used this process and had a new controller in about a week.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/my-account/warranty-and-service/getting-your-product-serviced
  4. WUIJIBOBO Win User

If the controller still works wired, and the only issues are using it wirelessly then it's possible that there might be some sort of wifi interference causing issues. I had something similar with the day one Xbox One controllers, I had to cycle through
    different channels on my router until eventually one sorted out the disconnect issue. It may be worth trying that out and seeing if that helps with the disconnecting controller.
  5. BakyOsijekHr Win User

With all being said and you doing everything you can, I'm afraid it is a hardware failure. Best option is to return it and get another one. You can register your device for repair here.
    Or you can return it to the seller if it is not Microsoft. Have you tried all of these solutions?
  6. MembreCoq5 Win User

[Solved] Xbox controllers disconnecting

Thanks, CristofKaiser, indeed with a brand new controller it keeps disconnecting, so it's not the controller. [Update:] now the controllers work on my PC, but still no news on the Xbox One.

I'll keep you posted if I find a solution.

Anyone else ?
Thema:

1. New Xbox One controller keeps disconnecting from console - Similar Threads - controller keeps disconnecting

2. Xbox one controller keeps disconnecting

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox one controller keeps disconnecting: I have an Xbox one purchased in the UK OS Version: 10.0.18363.7196 I have 2 xbox one wireless controllers. Both experience the problem I am about to describe. This problem occurs across all...
  3. Controller keeps disconnecting and reconnecting

in XboX Insiders
    Controller keeps disconnecting and reconnecting: I'm using a Series 2 elite with the latest firmware update connected to a OnePlus 7t on the latest update for it as well. The first time I connected I did not have this issue, but every time after...
  4. Xbox One X controller keeps disconnecting?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One X controller keeps disconnecting?: Every time that I fully shutdown my Xbox I have to turn on/off my controller 10-20 times until the controller pair properly with the console. Or I have to use the cable. I saw a lot of people with...
  5. Xbox One Controller Keeps Disconnecting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Controller Keeps Disconnecting: My xbox one controllers all keep disconnecting since the latest update. Ive followed every step on tech support including replacing my controller. The new controller still has the same issue....
  6. Xbox Controller for Windows 10 keeps disconnecting every 10 minutes

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Controller for Windows 10 keeps disconnecting every 10 minutes: Hello everybody, I recently bought a new Xbox Controller + Wireless Adapter for Windows 10. While playing some games I dicovered that my controller seems to disconnect very regulary every 10...
  7. Xbox One controller keeps disconnecting

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox One controller keeps disconnecting: Hello! So, people, got second (new one) controller for Xbox One S console (using on PC with micro USB cable too) today. I thought my first one was faulty, it kept disconnecting in some...
  8. Brand new controller keeps disconnecting every ten seconds

in XBoX on Consoles
    Brand new controller keeps disconnecting every ten seconds: Okay I have an Xbox one S battlefield 1 edition and as of recently my controller started to lose its connection continuously every ten seconds, so I tried 5 different brands of batteries, tried...
  9. Controller keeps disconnecting after latest update

in XboX Insiders
    Controller keeps disconnecting after latest update: I installed the latest update this morning (in Brazil, btw). Since then, my controller keeps disconnecting from the console every now and then, but it is still on. The only way to fix is by taking...
  10. Mr wireless controllers keep disconnecting from Xbox One console

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mr wireless controllers keep disconnecting from Xbox One console: I have been through all the steps to rectify (rebooting, battery, updates etc) but it is still happening to all controllers. Works fine for 30 to 40 mins then starts disconnecting, even with the...