New Xbox One S fan noise - sounds like crickets

Discus and support New Xbox One S fan noise - sounds like crickets in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi there, I bought and got my new xbox one s 'star wars bundle' last week and set it up yesterday evening but after going through set-up and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by RichardChurchill, Apr 18, 2020.

1. New Xbox One S fan noise - sounds like crickets

Hi there,

I bought and got my new xbox one s 'star wars bundle' last week and set it up yesterday evening but after going through set-up and everything I've noticed its been making this almost cricket like noise. i believe its something with the fan as when i turn
    off the xbox the noise slows down and stops as the fan is slowing down and stopping. i watched some catch-up shows on the all4 app and the tv volume has kind of hidden the noise a fair bit but when theres no noise its just very annoying and a lot louder then
    i thought this new console was meant to be. i have my xbox 360 set up and when thats running you can hear the light sound of the fan running but nothing else so its very surprising that my 360 is currently quieter then my new xbox one s.

I had a look online for answers but all the posts were from a few years ago and none that recently. some suggested the noise goes after a few days of playing games and such. some suggest its a bearing or tiny piece within the fan that is a design flaw and
    thus nothing is broken. I am not sure whether to get it sent in to microsoft to repair or ask for a replacement (i bought it from the microsoft store), any ideas from anyone would be useful!!

:)

RichardChurchill, Apr 18, 2020
  2. helloxwido Win User

Hello!

I personally have the Xbox one S and i have never experienced this issue. But as a first step i would advise you to not follow any guides you might find online since it might result in tampering with the security seal which leads to avoiding your warranty
    which leads to you not getting the help you need. I would definitely consider contacting the Microsoft store where you got it from and see where it goes from there...

Hope this helps xx
  3. xbadwolfx Win User

fan noise

Hello everyone,

Like many of you, I had the same issue. It was a very low clicking noise that got increasingly louder as I played Battlefield 4. The system ran fine, but the noise (similar to the sound of a cricket) was driving me nuts. I did an advanced exchange and got
    my new system today. The sound cannot be heard on the new system. It could have been something very simple like a wire that was in the track of the fan blade.
  4. Zerutso Win User

New X1s ticking fan

You shouldn't be having a ticking sound. Is your area that the console is in free of dust? Any way you can upload a video with the sound you are hearing? Very strange to have that many consoles with the same issue.

Edit: Have a listen the the fan noise in this thread and let us know if it's the same sound you are hearing?

Listen here
    Yeah, it's a bit like the sound in that thread. However, it's more of a high pitched chirping sound (like a cricket) and it's constant. This one isn't as loud as the previous ones, but it is still there. And my original xbox One was sat right where this
    one was and that didn't ever have anything like this and i had the thing for nearly 6 years

https://youtu.be/T20qmGJxjT4

5. vllsutiger23 Win User

fan noise

My sounds more like a chirping noise, almost like a cricket, it's kind of hard to explain
  6. Az Turbolaz Win User

fan noise

I have that crackling noise kinda like crickets or something. Its the internal speaker, HD or fan. I am getting a replacement.
Thema:

1. New Xbox One S fan noise - sounds like crickets - Similar Threads - fan noise sounds

2. Series X fan noise

in XBoX on Consoles
    Series X fan noise: For the first few months of having my Series X, it ran very quiet. But now the fan spins up really loud when I’m playing any game, enhanced or not. I cleaned any dust out of the fan, but it’s...
  3. Xbox one s fan sputtering noise

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one s fan sputtering noise: So i got home today and i turned on my xbox one s, before i turned it on it felt hot and when i turned it on and signed in i began to hear a medium but not loud sputtering noise from the fan....
  4. Xbox Series X Fan Noise

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Fan Noise: Hello Xbox Community! I've noticed a strange cricket-like clicking sound coming from the top of my xbox series x. I've noticed it for the first time two months ago and then it disappeared and now...
  5. Xbox Series X buzzing/ticking noise coming from the fan area.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X buzzing/ticking noise coming from the fan area.: I've had my Series X since launch day, and when I first got it the console was super quiet and didn't make any noise. However, as of recently, my Series X makes a buzzing noise while sitting idle...
  6. Xbox Fan Noise / Loud

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Fan Noise / Loud: Hello dear community, I noticed the days that my Series X is very loud in the menu for some games, only in the menu, not in the game itself. with Dirt 5 it gets noticeably louder and with Call of...
  7. Xbox Series S fan noise

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S fan noise: Hello! So i recently bought my Xbox Series S and it’s suprisingly tiny, but that’s not the case. The thing is that the fan is very loud, it sounds like it’s hitting something. I tried putting it...
  8. Xbox Series S Fan 'Ticking' Noise HELP HELP HELP

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S Fan 'Ticking' Noise HELP HELP HELP: Bought a Series S just before Christmas and have noticed that every now and then the fan makes a very light 'ticking' sound, and I have heard stories and seen videos of peoples Series S consoles...
  9. Xbox Series S Fan Noise

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S Fan Noise: How quiet should the Xbox Series S be? I have had mine for a few days and can hear the fans spinning whilst its on, its not too loud but I am unaware if I have a faulty product. It does also have...
  10. Xbox One S fan noise buzzing sound

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S fan noise buzzing sound: I have just purchased an Xbox One S Battlefield 1 Edition. When I started this for the first installation where you add gamertag and other settings so the fan sounded loud. [MEDIA] Here's a...