New xfinity router/modem $same model$ and xbox tells me no filtering out my console's MAC ...

Discus and support New xfinity router/modem $same model$ and xbox tells me no filtering out my console's MAC ... in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; New xfinity router/modem $same model$ and xbox tells me no filtering out my console's MAC address & Info on filtering MAC addresses. Router... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by LoftedEmperor8, Oct 18, 2016.

1. New xfinity router/modem $same model$ and xbox tells me no filtering out my console's MAC ...

New xfinity router/modem $same model$ and xbox tells me no filtering out my console's MAC address &
    Info on filtering MAC addresses. Router replacement recently and all devices are working except Xbox cannot connect. I have gone thru all steps prior to getting here several times.

:)

LoftedEmperor8, Oct 18, 2016
  2. How do I check to see if my router or modem is filtering out my console's MAC address?

How do I check to see if my router or modem is filtering out my console's MAC address?
    my console is telling me that it can't read my DHLC server or something like that. I tried resetting the router and modem, didn't work. Now I'm on step 3 and it says my modem or router may be filtering out my console's MAC address. How can I tell and how
    do i change it?

ItsYoungLambo, Oct 18, 2016
  3. The xPaR4DoX
    The xPaR4DoX Guest
    Hardware problem un filtering mac address

Hardware problem un filtering mac address
    My xbox is saying " your router or modem may be set up to filter out some devices. Make sure your router or modem is not filtering out your consoles mac address.

How do i make in un-filter out please need help bug problem (UK) xbox user

The xPaR4DoX, Oct 18, 2016
  4. Papo305MIA Win User

Xbox One party chat issues

Im have the exact same issue, my older Xboxone works and my newer model does not, I'v also tried

port forwarding.

clearing the Mac.

Factory reboot.

Updating controllers.

Using multiple remotes and head sets.

I even got a new modem/router from (Xfinity)"updated"

The chat also come out choppy from the TV.

I'm on the same boat buddy, hope someone can help out!!!
  5. KeithDimes Win User

MAC Address change

My router or modem may be set up to filter out some devices. I'm trying to make sure router or modem isn't filtering out my consoles MAC address. I checked out the networking hardware page but saw nothing that helped and can't find a solution. How do I go
    about doing this correctly?

D Rack80
  6. ArminatorX Win User

MAC filtering

Is my router filtering my xbox console's MAC address?
    Since we can't access your router, we can't see how your router is configured. And since you didn't tell us, what router model you use, we can't look up the user manual for your router.

Only you can access your router's configuration and check if there is any MAC filter set up.

If necessary, consult the documentation of your router, or if you got the router from your Internet Provider, contact their support team for help.
  7. GMAN990 Win User

CANT GET ON XBOX LIVE JUST HAD A NEW MODEM

Hi what is the make/model of router and what wireless security is it using? WEP/WPA/WPA2? If you have a wireless mac address filter on the router yes you will need to enter the Xbox mac address to the filter
  8. XBF Leslie D Win User

Xbox One wireless internet connection problem with Netgear router

Hi there,

It could be that the router is filtering out the console's MAC address. What can be done is to log in to the router's settings and from there make sure it's not filtering out the console's MAC. If it is we would need toadd
    your console's MAC address to your router's list of authorized MAC addresses.

A good website that tends to guide through this process and even gives the login information for the routers (most of them) is
    https://portforward.com/

If you change your router's MAC filtering settings, restart your router before trying to connect to Xbox Live.
Thema:

New xfinity router/modem $same model$ and xbox tells me no filtering out my console's MAC ...

1. New xfinity router/modem $same model$ and xbox tells me no filtering out my console's MAC ... - Similar Threads - xfinity router modem

2. Xfinity

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xfinity: How do you get your xbox to forget the previously signed into xfinity account and get it to pull up the prompt asking you to please sign into your xfinity account when initially connecting to the...
  3. Xbox 360 wireless connection to xfinity latest router SB7

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 wireless connection to xfinity latest router SB7: I have updated my xfinity router. Everyone can connect to the new router except my xbox 360. I can connect wired but not wireless. Xfinity support says that technology of new router not compatible...
  4. Xfinity hotspot dhcp server issue

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xfinity hotspot dhcp server issue: I am using an xfinity hotspot and its saying cant connect to your dhcp server and all of the suggestions have to do with a router when I dont have one, the hotspot was working perfectly fine...
  5. Media Remote unable to change channels - Xfinity (XG1v4A) cable box, Xbox One X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Media Remote unable to change channels - Xfinity (XG1v4A) cable box, Xbox One X: The main problem I am having is that my Media Remote is unable to change channels. If I use the channel up/down button, nothing happens. If I type in a channel #, nothing happens. If I scroll thru...
  6. Xbox Live won’t connect to Xfinity WiFi.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Live won’t connect to Xfinity WiFi.: So ive been trying to connect my xbox to my new wireless wifi router. I have many other devices that work on this wifi so its not a password issue. Ive perform a reset of both the xbox and the...
  7. Xbox xfinity wifi on demand

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Xbox xfinity wifi on demand: Xbox xfinity wifi on demand That is an issue related to your ISP. You should contact Comcast to verify this issue with you in order to solve it. b642ad4c-a879-4a47-9b29-4fd13cfccbf9
  8. How can I open my nat on my xbox one I have xfinity I don’t know how I can use my nat also...

in XboX Insiders
    How can I open my nat on my xbox one I have xfinity I don’t know how I can use my nat also...: So how can I use my open mat on my xbox tried every settings but keeps showing moderate so annoying. submitted by /u/AlexanderUlti [link] [comments]
  9. Xfinity WiFi kicks me off Xbox

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Xfinity WiFi kicks me off Xbox: Xfinity WiFi kicks me off Xbox Ever since i switched to xfinity wifi ive been having problems with connection all the time and now its getting annoying. Xfinity is cool because i have really good...
  10. Multiplayer Connection Horrible With Xfinity Router on XB1

in XBoX on Consoles
    Multiplayer Connection Horrible With Xfinity Router on XB1: So we've had an **** TG862-CT DOCSIS 3.0 Gateway running on Xfinity's home internet service for a while now. I have an Xbox One. We have always had Xfinity and have never had many problems on...