New Years GOLD promo not working

Discus and support New Years GOLD promo not working in XBoX Sales and Promo to solve the problem; Sorry If this isn't the proper place for this I was directed here by customer support. Theres a Dashboard ad with fireworks for 6 months of Gold for... Discussion in 'XBoX Sales and Promo' started by SamElliott3, Feb 3, 2019.

1. SamElliott3
    SamElliott3 Guest

Sorry If this isn't the proper place for this I was directed here by customer support.

Theres a Dashboard ad with fireworks for 6 months of Gold for 23.99, that when clicked only brings you to the default gold buying screen. My gold and gamepass ran out weeks ago, so it's not adding onto anything so I don't understand why the ad isn't working.

:)

SamElliott3, Feb 3, 2019
  2. Pain130798 Win User

have you tried to buy it on the website?
  3. Smwutches Win User

It is a dashboard only promotion. Says: Go Gold This New Year
    You can actually still get the promo through the website. Try going here and set it for the 6 month subscription
    and see if it shows the promo price. It does on my end.
  4. XGN Corrupt Win User

Often times it may not be available if another profile on the Xbox may already have live or if you had recently had live.
  5. XBF Nestor S Win User

Hey Sam thanks for taking the time to bring this issue to us.

The thing with promotions is that they are pretty specific, if the account has had Xbox Live Gold before it might just not qualify for the promotion. It could be a promotion for new customers (new Microsoft accounts) so in short if the account isn't eligible
    there is nothing to do. Also it sometimes takes a bit for the promotion to update so Power Cycle the console to make sure there isn't any lag. Hope this helps.
  6. SamElliott3 Win User

It is a dashboard only promotion. Says: Go Gold This New Year
Thema:

1. New Years GOLD promo not working - Similar Threads - Years GOLD promo

2. Why can't I upgrade my year of Gold to Game Pass Ultimate?

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Why can't I upgrade my year of Gold to Game Pass Ultimate?: I recently purchased a year of Gold and wanted to take that deal for Game Pass Ultimate for $1, but every time I go to upgrade, it tells me "It looks like something went wrong, but we can help."...
  3. my xbox live gold year subscription ran out after 5 months help me fix this pls

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox live gold year subscription ran out after 5 months help me fix this pls: i got a year gold subscription for christmas and i got xbox gamepass for 1$ and it turned into ultimate without me knowing or it even telling me i didnt choose for it to do this and it says i need...
  4. If I pay for xBox Gold yearly; do I need to pay for game pass monthly?

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    If I pay for xBox Gold yearly; do I need to pay for game pass monthly?: I am currently paying yearly for xBox Gold. Do i have to continue paying monthly for xBox game pass? 539ffc0f-7790-4041-be6e-080780570ce3
  5. Year of gold membership isn’t working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Year of gold membership isn’t working: I bought a year of gold back in october 2019 and now a few days ago its saying i dont have gold, and ive been trying to have this problem looked into and we cant call you guys cause you guys want...
  6. Why aren't my years showing up on my profile? I have Xbox Live gold Membership

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why aren't my years showing up on my profile? I have Xbox Live gold Membership: I recently noticed that the years are not showing up on my profile even though I have gold membership. All my settings are set to be viewable to everyone, with no restrictions. Can anyone help me...
  7. Xbox Live Gold Past-Due Payment, Can't Afford Full Year Subscription Price It Demands?

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Xbox Live Gold Past-Due Payment, Can't Afford Full Year Subscription Price It Demands?: Hey there, So last year I had a year-long subscription to Gold, towards the end of the year I hadn't played anything for several months. I had gotten a new card since then, and when the...
  8. Xbox gold yearly number gone

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox gold yearly number gone: Hi what happened to the number next to one's gamertag in the profile that shows you how many years you've been an xbox live Gold member? Is it just me or is it missing on everyone's consoles?...
  9. Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration Deals with Gold

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration Deals with Gold: Yesterday Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration was listed at $4.49. Now it has increased to $8.99. This is disappointing since i was unable to purchase it yesterday for personal reasons....
  10. Games with gold overwritten my game license that I bought years ago ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Games with gold overwritten my game license that I bought years ago ?: Hi, I went to download Batman: The Enemy Within a game that I purchased years ago which is now free for gold this month. When the download started, I noticed it says: You can play Batman: The...