Newest Alpha Update Adds Overwhelmingly Requested Quick Resume Feature

Discus and support Newest Alpha Update Adds Overwhelmingly Requested Quick Resume Feature in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; The new update for Alpha lists: A much requested user-feature is being included in today’s update! Users will now have access to a new group that... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Kill_Kayt, Apr 19, 2021.

1. /u/Kill_Kayt
    /u/Kill_Kayt Guest

The new update for Alpha lists:

A much requested user-feature is being included in today’s update! Users will now have access to a new group that will show all current Quick Resume save states. Additionally, the Guide will now indicate if your actively running game supports Quick Resume.

This is great news of course.

By default the Quick Resume Group will be empty. It will populate with all your currently Quick Resumed games once you Launch a game you are Quick Resuming.

The Quick Resume tag will show in the upper right hand corner when the Guide is opened while running a game just like the Auto HDR tag.

Initially Microsoft said you will be able to Quick Resume "At Least 4" games. Implying that lower load games would result in being able to Quick Resume more than 4. After this update (most of my games being 2D indie games) shows that 4 is the cut off. So far at least. I will do more Testing.

I can confirm at present that the currently running game doesn't count toward that Total. Though it will be added to the Quick Resume group once you launch it.

submitted by /u/Kill_Kayt
    [link] [comments]

/u/Kill_Kayt, Apr 19, 2021
  2. crevi Win User

Instant on, game resume

Same problem here. Quick resume was quickly becoming my favorite feature & it worked fine before the latest update. Now It never works.
  3. Kxber Win User

Xbox series x questionnnn

that means the new quick resume feature works with those games :)
  4. GMS1stLDYCannon Win User

Quick resume is not working with all my games

Quick Resume
    • While Quick Resume is fully operational with thousands of titles, we are aware that a select number of optimized titles may be experiencing issues with this feature. To ensure the best possible experience for our fans, we’ve disabled the feature for these titles and are working as quickly as possible to fix this issue at the platform level.
  5. Trentelshark Win User

Suspend and resume does not work.

If I remember I'll try this tonight but I have noticed the quick resume feature is no longer working, at least not consistently.
  6. Bart50 Win User

Instant on, game resume

The resume quickly feature has been broken for me as well since the March update. I only have one game -- Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag. I also have limited time to play it -- 15 minutes here, 30 there, and that quick resume was a life saver! Now that
    it's gone, I'm quite irritated.

I used to look forward to system updates on the Xbox 360. So far on the Xbox One, updates are something I worry about when they are announced. It's like "What's going to break this time?" Seriously, the previous update broke my ability to say "Yes" after
    saying "Xbox Turn Off". Now that feature is working again but I can't resume my game in progress. Ugh.
Thema:

1. Newest Alpha Update Adds Overwhelmingly Requested Quick Resume Feature - Similar Threads - Newest Alpha Update

2. Warzone Disk Read Error after newest update in April 2021

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Warzone Disk Read Error after newest update in April 2021: I have an Xbox One and since the April 2021 update, everytime I load into a Warzone match I get disconnected then an error code: disk read error [3.1]: ""mp_don3_00173""ff' I have tried clearing...
  3. Newest Alpha Skip Update Ruined smh Edge Chromium

in XboX Insiders
    Newest Alpha Skip Update Ruined smh Edge Chromium: Im pretty Sure that isnt a Bug, because in the Newest Alpha Skip Update, they Removed Extensions on Microsoft Edge Chromium. I can go to the Microsoft Edge Add-On Store and search a Extension like...
  4. Newest Alpha Skip Ahead on my Series S caused instand Crash for Minecraft Bedrock.

in XboX Insiders
    Newest Alpha Skip Ahead on my Series S caused instand Crash for Minecraft Bedrock.: Yesterday i discovered that my Minecraft Bedrock Game crash directly when i try to start it. After many tries like restart Console, hard-power off, reset but keep games and the last try was that i...
  5. Newest Alpha Build Removes In Game Audio on Xbox One

in XboX Insiders
    Newest Alpha Build Removes In Game Audio on Xbox One: I have an original Xbox One and had an Alpha update that essentially removed all audio except party audio. I tested on 3 controllers and two different headsets. A pair of earbuds that I usually...
  6. (Alpha Ring) Newest update has made the MS Rewards app unable to open

in XboX Insiders
    (Alpha Ring) Newest update has made the MS Rewards app unable to open: After about a minute of the app trying to open up, it force closes itself. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but clearly the console is having an issue running it. Anyone else with this...
  7. Newest Alpha Skip Ahead update has dynamic backgrounds

in XboX Insiders
    Newest Alpha Skip Ahead update has dynamic backgrounds: I can select a dynamic background but it does not show in the dashboard. it just puts a generic xbox one x pic as your background. submitted by /u/Jrocker23 [link] [comments]
  8. Newest Alpha Build broke Part of the People's Guide section in the Top Row. It doesn't show...

in XboX Insiders
    Newest Alpha Build broke Part of the People's Guide section in the Top Row. It doesn't show...: [IMG] submitted by /u/Bandit_Himself [link] [comments]
  9. Xbox is unable to find external storage device while being on the newest alpha build.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox is unable to find external storage device while being on the newest alpha build.: Hello all, Usually I don't have any problems with the alpha build; until today. My WD 2TB hard drive is not being picked up by the xbox. I have tried all usb ports and nothing. I even went...
  10. Xbox will no longer open any games or apps after newest alpha skip ahead update

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox will no longer open any games or apps after newest alpha skip ahead update: After the last alpha skip ahead update none of my games or apps will open wether they are on an external or the internal hard drive. Just keep getting the “this tool too long to open” error. I...