NFS / CIFS support on xbox one x

Discus and support NFS / CIFS support on xbox one x in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I want to buy a xbox one x, but as it has pretty less storage capacitiy I'd like to connect the xbox with my home nas (16TB SSD with raid 5 and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Fabian1233, Oct 6, 2019.

1. Fabian1233
    Fabian1233 Guest

Hi,

I want to buy a xbox one x, but as it has pretty less storage capacitiy I'd like to connect the xbox with my home nas (16TB SSD with raid 5 and LAG uplink).

The xbox is able to receive data from this array ways faster then from internal HDD, so this would also increase the loading speed, as the SSD improves the performance more then the network latency impact.

Is it possible to reach this goal with this Xbox One, basically all common protocols are supported from side of the storage (NFS, CIFS/SMB, iSCSI, [...]).

Best regard,

:)

Fabian1233, Oct 6, 2019
  2. XBF Amber M Win User

Hi Fabian1233,

Thank you for your post but since this is a thread that Violates the
    Xbox Forum Guidelineswe will be locking it.

As stated under Rule (22.) "Please do not discuss or post links to any topic that could violate the Terms Of Use.
    Including any threads or posts regarding modifyingthe way your Xbox operates such 'modding'
    and/or 'chipping' your Xbox or otherwise altering the way it is intended to operate.
    This includes ANY discussion of self-repair. Please only suggest official support procedures as noted on official support pages on Xbox.com."

If there are any other questions or concerns please create a new thread detailing your issue and any troubleshooting steps (if any) you’ve tried so far. That will allow us to tailor our support specifically to you!

Just make sure to review the Guidelines before a Thread/Post is made so as to not violate the rules by mistake.

Happy gaming.
  3. Tarnend Win User

As far as I know, the only type of external storage that the xbox one supports is connected via usb

Regards
  4. Ackis Win User

Did his reply help u?
    No because they don't know what they're talking about.

@OP: There might be apps that support that, but I don't see MS supporting network storage in the future. I'm not sure if I'd want to use it either.
  5. IRB Win User

You will have to connect it via USB and format it all for Xbox storage.

Don't see why it wouldn't of it presents itself as a singal storage device.

Worth trying if you already have the hardware.
  6. LeonKennedy3 Win User

original and 360 backwards compatible Need For Speed games

I personally want NFS most wanted 2005 NFS Carbon NFS Underground 1 and 2 to be Xbox one backwards compatible to be honest I say Ill votes for these 4 NFS Games deserves to be backwards compatible
Thema:

1. NFS / CIFS support on xbox one x - Similar Threads - NFS CIFS support

2. NFS rivals crashes as its finding a game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    NFS rivals crashes as its finding a game: I bought the game digitally a couple of days ago in a bundle with NFS 2015 (which works perfectly) and I was able to play NFS rivals on the day that i bought it but the day after i bought it , it...
  3. NFS Cabon shows unknown region disc

in XBoX Games and Apps
    NFS Cabon shows unknown region disc: Hi, I bought Need For Speed Carbon from the Xbox marketplace. I downloaded the game to my Xbox drive. I opened the game, strangely, it is showing an error the disc region code is incorrect for...
  4. NFS Underground & Underground 2 backward compatible??

in XBoX Games and Apps
    NFS Underground & Underground 2 backward compatible??: Started playing a game the other day and the original Need for Speed Underground and Underground 2 came to mind. I thought it would be cool to play them again and talked to quite a few other...
  5. nfs paybak

in XBoX on Consoles
    nfs paybak: peut on jouer a need for speed paybak sur 360 ?soit en achetant le disque ou en le telechargent ------------------------------------------------------------- [Translation-Can we play a need for...
  6. Problème de lancement NFS payback

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problème de lancement NFS payback: Bonjour, Quand je lance le jeu NFS PAYBACK , il revient sur l'écran d'accueil. Avez-vous le même problème que moi? Auriez vous une solution SVP. Merci. 11d39801-70f5-493d-b839-e85de1a88f2c
  7. NFS: Most Wanted 2005

in XBoX Games and Apps
    NFS: Most Wanted 2005: This is crazy. This is one of the all time greatest arcade style racing RPGs and it is still not supported on backwards compatible. I'm almost thirty years old and I'm seriously considering buying...
  8. NFS Payback Crash

in XBoX Games and Apps
    NFS Payback Crash: I bought the NFS Payback as a download for the XBOX one. The game is constantly hanging and stuttering like crazy. Is there a solution for this? greeting MM bc510999-58b0-4f13-b1db-3fb21e7d35d9
  9. NFS Payback Achievement not received

in XBoX Games and Apps
    NFS Payback Achievement not received: Got myself NFS payback and I beat it offline cause I didn't have internet at the time and when I finally got it, I received all the achievements except one and I even did what I was supposed to do...
  10. Nfs rivals not loading online multiplayer

in XBoX on Consoles
    Nfs rivals not loading online multiplayer: is Xbox one not supporting nfs rivals game online features? 9fc70f11-13d7-4646-9d54-6573a1e995db