No character voices after my 360 updated?

Discus and support No character voices after my 360 updated? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, was wondering if anyone can help me with my xBox 360 issue, if anyone else still remembers them lol I am playing Dragon Age Inquisition slowly in... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by FlipPhone, Oct 28, 2019.

1. FlipPhone
    FlipPhone Guest

Hi, was wondering if anyone can help me with my xBox 360 issue, if anyone else still remembers them lol

I am playing Dragon Age Inquisition slowly in little pockets of free time, so I hadn't turned the console on for a while. Last night when I plugged it in, it wanted to download an update, so fine, I let it do that. When I went to play afterward, none of
    the character's voices in dialog could be heard. The rest of the audio was fine, I heard the music & background noises.

I tried the standard IT solution and turned the console off and on again. I fiddled with the audio settings within the game and tried resetting to headphones/TV/etc and nothing changed. I reset the audio in the console system settings from stereo to whatever
    the other setting is. Nada.

Anyone have any other ideas? I am fresh out. It was fine the last time I played and the only thing that changed was the update. I can work around it by setting the subtitles on, but that is a bummer because I really enjoy the voice acting in Bioware games
    and there are a lot of hours left in DAI (I just got to freaking Skyhold for crying out loud I started late and am going slow).

If it was a PC game I'd be undoing the update, but I don't know if you can do that on a console, can you?

:)

FlipPhone, Oct 28, 2019
  2. XBF Chris J Win User

Hello FlipPhone,

Thank you for positing here on the Xbox forums. I would definitely recommend rolling back the update on the Xbox 360. Follow these steps :

1. Clear the system cache. To do this, see the "Clear the system cache" section above.
    2. Roll back and then reinstall system updates. To do this:
      1. Press the Guide button
        on your controller.
      2. Go to settings and select System.
      3. Select Storage.
      4. Enter the following button sequence: X, LB, RB, X, LB, RB, X.
      5. Select the option to roll back all system updates that are installed. The console will restart automatically and then download the updates again.

Hope this helps!
  3. FlipPhone Win User

Chris, thanks for this reply! I didn't know it was possible to roll back an update on the xBox. Good to know.

I'll try it, but I am hearing from some other folks that it may be a specific issue with this game, so it might not be the xBox update that caused the problem after all. I'll see if the roll back makes a difference just in case.
  4. LyndenW Win User

Voice Studio Navigator achievement gaining no progress

My upload wont go past 0% after completing a track, keep in mind this is on the 360 Voice Studio.
  5. YellowJacket LE Win User

Roll the credits!..

I always look for a Jennifer Hale or another favorite character voice over after beating a game and watching the credits..like i just saw the guy that voiced Garrus in the Mass Effect series also does voice overs and adds his likeness to L.A. Noire..super
    cool.
  6. Lei Fang DOAX3 Win User

Why do you love Diablo 3 Ultimate Evil Edition?

Hello everyone :)

You can transfer your characters over from the Xbox 360 to Xbox One? Really?

How do you do this?

Will my characters on my Xbox 360 be unplayable after I do this?

Have a nice day or afternoon or night everyone :)

Thema:

1. No character voices after my 360 updated? - Similar Threads - character voices 360

2. The Outer Worlds Black Silhouettes in Inventory Screen and Character Creation

in XBoX Games and Apps
    The Outer Worlds Black Silhouettes in Inventory Screen and Character Creation: I don't know what I changed except from a graphics card drive update, but does anyone know what's causing this? The game runs fine everywhere else and this happening on the Character Creation...
  3. 25 character code redemption for gift card problems

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    25 character code redemption for gift card problems: where is the 25 character code to redeem xbox1 gift card located? purchased online with microsoft points, received email confirming purchase but no 25 character redemption code....
  4. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare - Operator Edition: The DLC is not applying to my character

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Call of Duty: Modern Warfare - Operator Edition: The DLC is not applying to my character: I bought the Operator Edition using the same Xbox account as the one I play the game on, but the special items from the DLC won't apply in-game. I have all the DLC downloaded and installed on my...
  5. Black Desert Xbox One crashing when selecting a character

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Black Desert Xbox One crashing when selecting a character: I have 5 characters set up and all above the rank of 50. However there's one that when I select it, the program loads all the way to the end but then I get a horrible noise and then get kicked out...
  6. If you could meet any Game Character who would it be ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    If you could meet any Game Character who would it be ?: I would want to meet my paragon playthrough of Commander Shephard. He was a good dude. My renegade playthrough Commander Shephard is a bit of a jerk 1ea826ff-3989-49f9-97ef-a9f88a934e5c
  7. Ark Survival Evolved CANT LOAD INTO ONLY MY SERVER THAT MY CHARACTER IS ON

in XBoX on Windows
    Ark Survival Evolved CANT LOAD INTO ONLY MY SERVER THAT MY CHARACTER IS ON: I'm On Microsoft Store & I've recently downloaded ARK to play instead of using my Xbox but after countless attempts to log onto my server which my base & character are on WHICH I have been able to...
  8. Mortal Kombat 11 Kombat Pack..... cant DLC characters

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Mortal Kombat 11 Kombat Pack..... cant DLC characters: So i purchased Mortal Kombat 11 and the Kombat Pack I entered the Kombat Pack code from gamestop into the in game store. So far I have not received any DLC characters and three have come out so...
  9. Halo wars 2 Xbox One No Character Voices

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo wars 2 Xbox One No Character Voices: I have recently bought a copy of halo wars 2 for the xbox one. Having both installed and updated it I find that the charters make no sound when talking. This occurs both in the videos and gameplay...
  10. In-game character voices very quiet (LEGO Superheroes)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    In-game character voices very quiet (LEGO Superheroes): Hi, the in-game voice overs for the LEGO Marvel Super Heroes game are very quiet to the point where sometimes you can't hear them at all. Is there a setting in game or on the console where I've...