No character voices after my 360 updated?

Discus and support No character voices after my 360 updated? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, was wondering if anyone can help me with my xBox 360 issue, if anyone else still remembers them lol I am playing Dragon Age Inquisition slowly in... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by FlipPhone, Oct 28, 2019.

1. FlipPhone
    FlipPhone Guest

Hi, was wondering if anyone can help me with my xBox 360 issue, if anyone else still remembers them lol

I am playing Dragon Age Inquisition slowly in little pockets of free time, so I hadn't turned the console on for a while. Last night when I plugged it in, it wanted to download an update, so fine, I let it do that. When I went to play afterward, none of
    the character's voices in dialog could be heard. The rest of the audio was fine, I heard the music & background noises.

I tried the standard IT solution and turned the console off and on again. I fiddled with the audio settings within the game and tried resetting to headphones/TV/etc and nothing changed. I reset the audio in the console system settings from stereo to whatever
    the other setting is. Nada.

Anyone have any other ideas? I am fresh out. It was fine the last time I played and the only thing that changed was the update. I can work around it by setting the subtitles on, but that is a bummer because I really enjoy the voice acting in Bioware games
    and there are a lot of hours left in DAI (I just got to freaking Skyhold for crying out loud I started late and am going slow).

If it was a PC game I'd be undoing the update, but I don't know if you can do that on a console, can you?

:)

FlipPhone, Oct 28, 2019
  2. XBF Chris J Win User

Hello FlipPhone,

Thank you for positing here on the Xbox forums. I would definitely recommend rolling back the update on the Xbox 360. Follow these steps :

1. Clear the system cache. To do this, see the "Clear the system cache" section above.
    2. Roll back and then reinstall system updates. To do this:
      1. Press the Guide button
        on your controller.
      2. Go to settings and select System.
      3. Select Storage.
      4. Enter the following button sequence: X, LB, RB, X, LB, RB, X.
      5. Select the option to roll back all system updates that are installed. The console will restart automatically and then download the updates again.

Hope this helps!
  3. FlipPhone Win User

Chris, thanks for this reply! I didn't know it was possible to roll back an update on the xBox. Good to know.

I'll try it, but I am hearing from some other folks that it may be a specific issue with this game, so it might not be the xBox update that caused the problem after all. I'll see if the roll back makes a difference just in case.
  4. LyndenW Win User

Voice Studio Navigator achievement gaining no progress

My upload wont go past 0% after completing a track, keep in mind this is on the 360 Voice Studio.
  5. YellowJacket LE Win User

Roll the credits!..

I always look for a Jennifer Hale or another favorite character voice over after beating a game and watching the credits..like i just saw the guy that voiced Garrus in the Mass Effect series also does voice overs and adds his likeness to L.A. Noire..super
    cool.
  6. Lei Fang DOAX3 Win User

Why do you love Diablo 3 Ultimate Evil Edition?

Hello everyone :)

You can transfer your characters over from the Xbox 360 to Xbox One? Really?

How do you do this?

Will my characters on my Xbox 360 be unplayable after I do this?

Have a nice day or afternoon or night everyone :)

Thema:

1. No character voices after my 360 updated? - Similar Threads - character voices 360

2. STEAM LINK! THIRTY TWO CHARACTERS IN THE TITLE

in XboX Insiders
    STEAM LINK! THIRTY TWO CHARACTERS IN THE TITLE: WHERE IS IT? WHY ISN'T IT AVAILABLE TO USE ON MY CONSOLE YET? WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG W/ MICROSOFT? submitted by /u/sauerpower01 [link] [comments]
  3. Cannot log into any ARk server with my character atfer the last update.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot log into any ARk server with my character atfer the last update.: I have 24 hours to figure this out or my character and 1000 plus gaming hours are gone. :) Is there no mercy for the widows son? 866279a9-44b8-4bb2-b394-19fc83565a60
  4. Why can’t I use some of the 3 character gamer tags that are available but not allowed

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can’t I use some of the 3 character gamer tags that are available but not allowed: I would like use my free gamertag change and the name i want to use is FFS but it says its not allowed there are also other 3 letter names that arent allowed 5867ec98-ac70-428d-a3ee-711a664098cc
  5. Beta Testing (I must include at least 32 characters in this title, so I put at least 32...

in XboX Insiders
    Beta Testing (I must include at least 32 characters in this title, so I put at least 32...: How can I beta test games for xbox? Simple question. submitted by /u/micro_Graham [link] [comments]
  6. Time Played Is Tracking Again! 32 Characters!

in XboX Insiders
    Time Played Is Tracking Again! 32 Characters!: Hi guys, A while back I posted about the Time Played bug. Haven't checked my TP in a few weeks as I figured it wouldn't get fixed, but it has! Gone from being stuck at 986 hours on Destiny 2 up...
  7. When will Japanese characters be allowed in Xbox usernames?

in XBoX Accessibility
    When will Japanese characters be allowed in Xbox usernames?: When will Japanese characters be allowed in Xbox usernames? 5ac04ee3-db5b-4924-8ed1-7e3d5be8011d
  8. modern warfare 2 remastered- character voices not synced xbox1

in XBoX Games and Apps
    modern warfare 2 remastered- character voices not synced xbox1: dowloaded last night and playing for the 1st time this morning. In 1st mission SSDD characters mouths move but not sound comes out, then all of a sudden all the speech come through together, all...
  9. Halo wars 2 Xbox One No Character Voices

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Halo wars 2 Xbox One No Character Voices: I have recently bought a copy of halo wars 2 for the xbox one. Having both installed and updated it I find that the charters make no sound when talking. This occurs both in the videos and gameplay...
  10. In-game character voices very quiet (LEGO Superheroes)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    In-game character voices very quiet (LEGO Superheroes): Hi, the in-game voice overs for the LEGO Marvel Super Heroes game are very quiet to the point where sometimes you can't hear them at all. Is there a setting in game or on the console where I've...